PDA

View Full Version : Time to get our 1975-77 wins restored?

Quaoarsking
01-16-2015, 09:19 PM
If Penn State can get its wins back without even being sorry that its football coach spent a decade covering up a child rapist, then clearly we should have our wins restored too.

Any chance we (more tactfully than I did) make this argument to the NCAA?

Apoplectic
01-16-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm disgusted about this. This is no different that buying players at Miami for wins.

Bothrops
01-16-2015, 10:25 PM
Damn right. Pretty disgusting

Liverpooldawg
01-16-2015, 11:14 PM
What happened at Penn State was WAY worse than buying players. They should have got a permanent death penalty.

Jack Lambert
01-17-2015, 10:22 AM
We had to forfeit our games. That gave the other teams a victory over us. It’s like getting hit twice. Once for a lost and one for taking the victory away. Penn State had to vacate their wins. Their opponents did not have received the victory.

I don't understand why the NCAA changed the way they did it. If it is a bad idea to make a team forfeit now seems like they would go back and changed the forfeit to vacate taking two victories over us from USM.

DownwardDawg
01-17-2015, 12:15 PM
We had to forfeit our games. That gave the other teams a victory over us. It’s like getting hit twice. Once for a lost and one for taking the victory away. Penn State had to vacate their wins. Their opponents did not have received the victory.

I don't understand why the NCAA changed the way they did it. If it is a bad idea to make a team forfeit now seems like they would go back and changed the forfeit to vacate taking two victories over us from USM.

I don't think the NCAA did that. I think USM just "claimed" them after the forfeit.

sleepy dawg
01-17-2015, 12:35 PM
We need to petition for all wins back that have ever been taken away in any sport now.

FlabLoser
01-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Y'all do know PSU didn't petition for anything. They filed a lawsuit against the NCAA.

NCDawg
01-17-2015, 01:40 PM
If Penn State can get its wins back without even being sorry that its football coach spent a decade covering up a child rapist, then clearly we should have our wins restored too.

Any chance we (more tactfully than I did) make this argument to the NCAA?

Yeah, as everybody knows, Larry Gillard buying clothes at a slight discount in Okolona (which discount was given to all State students), is much worse than a child rapist. Also, the NCAA took the word of an Ole Miss Kosciusko attorney who said we paid a player by the name of Jeffery Moore who played for Kosciusko High School. Jeffery Moore later signed with Jackson State. The whole list of charges was basically bogus and destroyed Bob Tyler's program.

Jack Lambert
01-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I don't think the NCAA did that. I think USM just "claimed" them after the forfeit.

I'm not sure but that is the difference between vacate and forfeit. You forfeit to the other team vs vacate a win.

Mutt the Hoople
01-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Lesse- one school covers up a child-rapist and has a fan base that's okay with it, and they get their wins restored?

We have a player who gets the normal student discount on a coat, and we lose 3 years worth of wins?

dawgman
01-18-2015, 12:28 PM
Lesse- one school covers up a child-rapist and has a fan base that's okay with it, and they get their wins restored?

We have a player who gets the normal student discount on a coat, and we lose 3 years worth of wins?

You conveniently leave out the part about Bob Tyler getting a friendly judge to issue a restraining order to allow Guillard to play. The order was eventually settled in favor of the NCAA, after Guillard's career was complete. When you rub it in the face of the NCAA, expect retaliation.

NCDawg
01-18-2015, 01:15 PM
You conveniently leave out the part about Bob Tyler getting a friendly judge to issue a restraining order to allow Guillard to play. The order was eventually settled in favor of the NCAA, after Guillard's career was complete. When you rub it in the face of the NCAA, expect retaliation.

I don't know, you sound like an Ole Miss man to me. I'm about to get paranoid like some other members of this board. In the first place, Gillard should have never been ruled ineligible because he never did anything to justify that penalty. I don't blame Tyler for going to court getting the restraining order to let him play. I guarantee the NCAA wouldn't have punished the "big name" schools as harshly as they did us.

dawgman
01-18-2015, 01:44 PM
I don't know, you sound like an Ole Miss man to me. I'm about to get paranoid like some other members of this board. In the first place, Gillard should have never been ruled ineligible because he never did anything to justify that penalty. I don't blame Tyler for going to court getting the restraining order to let him play. I guarantee the NCAA wouldn't have punished the "big name" schools as harshly as they did us.

No Bulldog through and through over 40 yrs. went to MSU '71 - '75. Not a fan of Tyler though. Tyler would lie to your face when you knew he was lying and dare you to question him.