PDA

View Full Version : Leo lewis

Dawgtini
01-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Is now on campus per Paul and Robbie. I don't know what will happen in February, but this is the best it could be for us at this point.

starkvegasdawg
01-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Deciding which locker he wants.

MabenMaroon
01-16-2015, 07:34 PM
His momma is with him as well.

Jack Lambert
01-16-2015, 08:16 PM
His momma is with him as well.

If that's the case than Mullen needs to get his wife involved. She could be the biggest mom seller in Mississippi. She knows sports, she is a mom and she seems to honestly care about the the guys on the team.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 08:34 PM
If that's the case than Mullen needs to get his wife involved. She could be the biggest mom seller in Mississippi. She knows sports, she is a mom and she seems to honestly care about the the guys on the team.

Good ideas.

The Leo situation is very interesting because I'm not sure we need to recruit Leo as much as we just have to get the mom to be Ok with Leo going to MSU, and more importantly, the ramifications that may come from that.

I'm not sure "impressing" Leo and his mom is what's going down this weekend. Sure, it helps, but I think there are going to be some heart to heart talks about what Leo really wants in life, what his priorities are, and what's important to him.

This is just my guess.

State82
01-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Mama Mullen seems to be as involved in the program as any head coach's wife I have seen. That has always really impressed me.

TheRef
01-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Mama Mullen seems to be as involved in the program as any head coach's wife I have seen. That has always really impressed me.

She really develops a relationship with the players...that's a huge key and may be why Mothers love letting their kids come here. Megan can say "I'll look after your kids and be a second mother to them."

yjnkdawg
01-16-2015, 09:02 PM

This and I think she has said before that this football team was as much of her team as it was Dan's team. You can tell her sincerity when she speaks of the team and MSU, in general and the Mama Mullen role also says a lot. What a great MSU ambassador.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 09:42 PM
It appears that non other than Dak Prescott is Leo's host.

At least you can't fault us for trying

preachermatt83
01-16-2015, 10:06 PM
It appears that non other than Dak Prescott is Leo's host.

At least you can't fault us for trying

this is awesome!

ScottH
01-16-2015, 10:10 PM
I was thinking the other day I'm not sure I'd recognize Mrs. Bucky.(I don't even know her name.)

Is she even involved with the program? Or at home pissed over alleged Briarcrest events.

There couldn't a bigger 180 than Megan and her. Good bless Mrs. Mullen. Dan, she may be the best thing you have going.

CadaverDawg
01-16-2015, 10:24 PM
I was thinking the other day I'm not sure I'd recognize Mrs. Bucky.(I don't even know her name.)

Is she even involved with the program? Or at home pissed over alleged Briarcrest events.

There couldn't a bigger 180 than Megan and her. Good bless Mrs. Mullen. Dan, she may be the best thing you have going.

Mrs. Bucky is gathering snakes for the next sermon.*

hells bells
01-16-2015, 10:37 PM

Never have had the pleasure to meet her. Friends who have said, Megan Mullen is "the real deal". Quote a friend, "you can be in a room of a thousand people and be the last one she meets, after 30 seconds you feel like a individual". BOOM

CadaverDawg
01-16-2015, 10:40 PM

Just saw a pic on twitter of the Wake Forest transfer with Dan and......yep, Megan Mullen. Good call.

yjnkdawg
01-16-2015, 10:42 PM
this is awesome!

Farrod and Leo are hanging out with Dak and Damian Williams tweeted by Farrod.

yjnkdawg
01-16-2015, 10:55 PM
He is a great MSU Ambassador too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/547485037365829633/eg8Dckmj_normal.jpeg Johnthan Banks @JBanks_27 (https://twitter.com/JBanks_27) ? Jan 14 (https://twitter.com/JBanks_27/status/555562735581532160)

We want Leo!! @TheLeoLewis_40 (https://twitter.com/TheLeoLewis_40) #HailState (https://twitter.com/hashtag/HailState?src=hash) https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f436.pnghttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f436.pnghttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f436.png

phatdog
01-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Ms Bucky is built like a tree trunk

sbcmortgageman
01-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Good ideas.

The Leo situation is very interesting because I'm not sure we need to recruit Leo as much as we just have to get the mom to be Ok with Leo going to MSU, and more importantly, the ramifications that may come from that.

I'm not sure "impressing" Leo and his mom is what's going down this weekend. Sure, it helps, but I think there are going to be some heart to heart talks about what Leo really wants in life, what his priorities are, and what's important to him.

This is just my guess.

You ALWAYS recruit a kid's momma if you want the kid.

PS guys Leo will sign with us so relax.

Aces High
01-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Never have had the pleasure to meet her. Friends who have said, Megan Mullen is "the real deal". Quote a friend, "you can be in a room of a thousand people and be the last one she meets, after 30 seconds you feel like a individual". BOOM

She is really nice, energetic, chatty, smiles a lot and is SUPER skinny. She has great shoes too. Always has great shoes. I bet she has more Jimmy Choos than every woman in MS combined.

Dawgface
01-17-2015, 09:44 AM
She is really nice, energetic, chatty, smiles a lot and is SUPER skinny. She has great shoes too. Always has great shoes. I bet she has more Jimmy Choos than every woman in MS combined.

When she was on the Golf Channel I thought she was almost too bubbly. Not that theres anything wrong with being bubbly. But here she just seems so down to earth with a great personality. Maturity probably has something to do with how she appears today vs TGC days. I'm certainly glad she is a Bulldog.

ShotgunDawg
01-17-2015, 09:46 AM

I always though Ole Miss white girls wore Jimmy Choos to class?

preachermatt83
01-17-2015, 01:09 PM
You ALWAYS recruit a kid's momma if you want the kid.

PS guys Leo will sign with us so relax.

^^This! Been saying it for months.

NCDawg
01-17-2015, 01:25 PM
^^This! Been saying it for months.

That's great news. So I guess you have clear evidence that he has rescinded his commitment to Ole Miss.

Bothrops
01-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Is that true???? Spill it..

preachermatt83
01-17-2015, 01:41 PM
That's great news. So I guess you have clear evidence that he has rescinded his commitment to Ole Miss.

Yea cause kids never back out of commitments. Its not like Leo has ever backed out of one before. I forgot all these kids always sign with the team they are committed to. *** I thought we had just about figured out all the rebels in dawg clothing but boy do The bears start coming out when they get afraid they may lose one of their top recruits.

NCDawg
01-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Yea cause kids never back out of commitments. Its not like Leo has ever backed out of one before. I forgot all these kids always sign with the team they are committed to. *** I thought we had just about figured out all the rebels in dawg clothing but boy do The bears start coming out when they get afraid they may lose one of their top recruits.

Um, hate to tell you. but I'm not a Rebel-far from it. I just get tired of people putting on a message board that a certain kid is going to sign with us when they don't have any inside knowledge whatsoever. Like a lot of people posted about the Campbell kid the other day. You can hope he signs with us, like I do, but don't emphatically say that he will.

klong-dog
01-17-2015, 02:36 PM
I agree, I think some just like that idea of throwing some shit to the wall and hoping it sticks, therefor to make them think they have some good inside info.

Coach34
01-17-2015, 02:42 PM
There's actually a lot of people that think Lewis is going to be a Dawg and he is staying committed to OM until signing day

msstate7
01-17-2015, 02:46 PM
I agree, I think some just like that idea of throwing some shit to the wall and hoping it sticks, therefor to make them think they have some good inside info.

This is part of it when it comes to message boards. I like it

engie
01-17-2015, 02:54 PM
I just get tired of people putting on a message board that a certain kid is going to sign with us when they don't have any inside knowledge whatsoever.
How do you presume to know what other people do and don't actually know? Are you omniscient?

It's funny when guys that admit that they know nothing -- argue about what other people do and don't know -- because the other people don't disclose sources that don't want to be disclosed -- otherwise they would be posting the info themselves.

These guys making the claims will be right or wrong on signing day. 2 weeks from now. We can discuss it then. But your approach of arguing about it now does indeed smell pretty funny -- and it won't be even remotely the first of your posts that I've felt that way about.

RougeDawg
01-17-2015, 04:55 PM
There's actually a lot of people that think Lewis is going to be a Dawg and he is staying committed to OM until signing day

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. He remains committed to them because he wants to avoid the full onslaught of the bear "recruiters" hounding him and breathing down his neck like they do to every other big time recruit in MS, that isn't committed to them. Why not appease those lunatics to keep your life sane until there's no time left for them to harass you? The Manny D. D was too far back for Leo to remember. Once he sees how Manny loves to put his LB's in position to make plays and roam the field, he will be sold.

klong-dog
01-17-2015, 05:13 PM
And he'll be in Oxford one of these last 2 weekends I'm sure? If not both. Yeah it all sounds good and as a State fan would be something I would love to do, shock the World on NSD but in reality, we never get some shit like that to unfold for us.

NCDawg
01-17-2015, 05:21 PM
And he'll be in Oxford one of these last 2 weekends I'm sure? If not both. Yeah it all sounds good and as a State fan would be something I would love to do, shock the World on NSD but in reality, we never get some shit like that to unfold for us.

Don't talk that way, or you will sorely ridiculed. One thing-we do have Manny Diaz going for us as RougeDawg indicates. I don't think Lewis could play for a better defensive LB coach than Diaz.

Reason2succeed
01-17-2015, 07:30 PM

We also don't have 10 win seasons, beat the historic programs, have the best QB in the SEC, get ranked #1 in the nation, or get tons of national media publicity like being on the cover of Sports Illustrated.****Oh, my bad. All of that really happened. So, I guess we're gonna have to start getting used to $HIT unfolding for us in new ways, don't you think?

MetEdDawg
01-17-2015, 07:36 PM
We also don't have 10 win seasons, beat the historic programs, have the best QB in the SEC, get ranked #1 in the nation, or get tons of national media publicity like being on the cover of Sports Illustrated.****Oh, my bad. All of that really happened. So, I guess we're gonna have to start getting used to $HIT unfolding for us in new ways, don't you think?

It's much easier for some to whine about things and say "see I was right" when things go wrong than to put in the hard work as a fan and make things change for the better. Too many still have that ole MSU mindset and don't have the objectivity to see and be a part of the positive change happening around them.

Bully13
01-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Um, hate to tell you. but I'm not a Rebel-far from it. I just get tired of people putting on a message board that a certain kid is going to sign with us when they don't have any inside knowledge whatsoever. Like a lot of people posted about the Campbell kid the other day. You can hope he signs with us, like I do, but don't emphatically say that he will.

and you have no inside info as to whether or not they have inside info or not. he attended more MSU games last year than any other school. there was a pic of him with a cowbell in his hand at one. he's recently taken his om stuff off of his twitter. he came to our big recruiting weekend with his mom. there's no reason not to believe he's going to be playing for us at this point. I'm sure there are some informed folks on this board who are confident and I respect them for not telling us exactly why. I find recruiting threads on ED entertaining and reading from those who know a lot more about what's going on than I do because I don't know jack shit without reading stuff from here. recruiting is always a hit and miss, win some lose some type of deal. I don't see a problem though with those who know some stuff wanting to share a little on the board. even if they may be displaying a little more confidence than they actually have at times. nothing but fun sports shit man. nothing more , nothing less. as long as people don't say stupid shit that makes us look bad I'm all good with it.

CadaverDawg
01-17-2015, 07:49 PM
and you have no inside info as to whether or not they have inside info or not. he attended more MSU games last year than any other school. there was a pic of him with a cowbell in his hand at one. he's recently taken his om stuff off of his twitter. he came to our big recruiting weekend with his mom. there's no reason not to believe he's going to be playing for us at this point. I'm sure there are some informed folks on this board who are confident and I respect them for not telling us exactly why. I find recruiting threads on ED entertaining and reading from those who know a lot more about what's going on than I do because I don't know jack shit without reading stuff from here. recruiting is always a hit and miss, win some lose some type of deal. I don't see a problem though with those who know some stuff wanting to share a little on the board. even if they may be displaying a little more confidence than they actually have at times. nothing but fun sports shit man. nothing more , nothing less. as long as people don't say stupid shit that makes us look bad I'm all good with it.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/dOJt6XZlQw8qQ/giphy.gif

CadaverDawg
01-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Not gonna lie....if you can get over people being wrong or acting like they know more than they do, recruiting season can be pretty fun/funny from now until NSD. I don't get Huge into recruiting, but it gives you something to check the board for every little bit during late January. I find it entertaining, and no longer get panicked or anything if "Chris Jones is spotted at a gas station in Oxford". Whats gonna happen is whats gonna happen, and people stressing isnt going to change it....so just enjoy it!

sbcmortgageman
01-17-2015, 08:29 PM

Booyow as SS would say. Don't be shocked if he does it with a hat ceremony either.

turkish
01-17-2015, 08:45 PM
there's no reason not to believe he's going to be playing for us at this point.
Well there is one reason, and it's a fairly significant one -- the fact that he's committed to someone else.

preachermatt83
01-17-2015, 08:55 PM
How do you presume to know what other people do and don't actually know? Are you omniscient?

It's funny when guys that admit that they know nothing -- argue about what other people do and don't know -- because the other people don't disclose sources that don't want to be disclosed -- otherwise they would be posting the info themselves.

These guys making the claims will be right or wrong on signing day. 2 weeks from now. We can discuss it then. But your approach of arguing about it now does indeed smell pretty funny -- and it won't be even remotely the first of your posts that I've felt that way about.

Engie, you and I have our differences of opinions at times but brother you just NAILED IT!!

preachermatt83
01-17-2015, 08:56 PM

very well said!

preachermatt83
01-17-2015, 08:58 PM
Booyow as SS would say. Don't be shocked if he does it with a hat ceremony either.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130430151721/glee/images/9/94/Blaine-This.gif

would be awesome and would not surprise me one bit.

preachermatt83
01-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. He remains committed to them because he wants to avoid the full onslaught of the bear "recruiters" hounding him and breathing down his neck like they do to every other big time recruit in MS, that isn't committed to them. Why not appease those lunatics to keep your life sane until there's no time left for them to harass you? The Manny D. D was too far back for Leo to remember. Once he sees how Manny loves to put his LB's in position to make plays and roam the field, he will be sold.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130112181332/glee/images/b/b2/Yes%2Bsir%2BD%2Bthis%2Bgif%2Bwas%2Bgolden%2B_483d2 e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4.jpg