PDA

View Full Version : College Baseball Fans

MsStateBaseball
01-16-2015, 04:00 PM
D1 Baseball has announced their regional writers. Mark Etheridge is covering the south. You really need to go follow them on twitter. College baseball is growing in popularity and these writers will help that. Their new website has yet to be released. Maybe it will have some recruiting news on it. That is the one glaring thing about baseball, not much recruiting news. These writers should give us more info on the teams we may not play that much, like Oregon. We play them in 2016. Plus the postseason articles should be really good with info.

I will release my preseason info soon.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 04:43 PM
I absolutely love that website.

State82
01-16-2015, 08:33 PM

Me too. I stay on that site during the season.

engie
01-16-2015, 08:41 PM

You thought you did before -- wait until the new site roll out next week...

So, Kyle Petersen(the voice of Omaha for ESPN) bought the domain, but is keeping the webmaster for the stats database. He's probably the most identifiable face of college baseball.

- Hired Kendall Rogers -- formerly the foremost writer for perfect game
- Hired Aaron Fitt - formerly the foremost writer for baseball america
- Hired Mark Etheridge -- formerly of SEBaseball fame.
- Hired Eric Sorensen -- College Baseball Today and ESPN college baseball
- Hired Michael Baumann -- Grantland mlb writer
- Hired 2 more guys I'm not familiar with

Basically, that site has brought every well-known college baseball writer out there under a single roof. Can't wait for the new site...

State82
01-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Dang that's a star studded cast right there!

sleepy dawg
01-16-2015, 08:48 PM
You thought you did before -- wait until the new site roll out next week...

So, Kyle Petersen(the voice of Omaha for ESPN) bought the domain, but is keeping the webmaster for the stats database. He's probably the most identifiable face of college baseball.

- Hired Kendall Rogers -- formerly the foremost writer for perfect game
- Hired Aaron Fitt - formerly the foremost writer for baseball america
- Hired Mark Etheridge -- formerly of SEBaseball fame.
- Hired Eric Sorensen -- College Baseball Today and ESPN college baseball
- Hired Michael Baumann -- Grantland mlb writer
- Hired 2 more guys I'm not familiar with

Basically, that site has brought every well-known college baseball writer out there under a single roof. Can't wait for the new site...

They were just about they only baseball site worth going to... Now they will be.

engie
01-16-2015, 08:57 PM
The new site rolls out Monday per d1baseball on twitter...

Todd4State
01-16-2015, 11:22 PM
I actually didn't care for Etheridge's site too much because it was overrun by Arkansas and Ole Miss fans at one time. That was several years ago, but he kind of gave the impression that he was an Arkansas fan- or maybe he was just catering to the people reading his website.

I'll give him another shot.

dawgs
01-17-2015, 02:45 AM
i didn't know we had a home series scheduled with oregon in 2016. i hope we have a return trip out here soon.

Ralph
01-17-2015, 02:55 AM
Me too. I stay on that site during the season.

Ditto. Best college baseball site there is imo.

Thrill1
01-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Good to hear Mark Etheridge is getting back in the business. Known him for a while since my SID days. He actually went to West Alabama and lives in the Mobile area. Todd, I can tell you I never knew if he was a fan of any SEC team.

When he was running SEBaseball.com, he was still working another full time job and doing the site as a side hobby. All expenses straight from his pocket. Just a really good guy who loves college baseball. In the early 2000's he was the first to start the weekly regional projections that are so commonplace these days, and he was very good at it.

Todd4State
01-17-2015, 10:45 AM
i didn't know we had a home series scheduled with oregon in 2016. i hope we have a return trip out here soon.

I believe we play them in Eugene in 2017.

Todd4State
01-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Good to hear Mark Etheridge is getting back in the business. Known him for a while since my SID days. He actually went to West Alabama and lives in the Mobile area. Todd, I can tell you I never knew if he was a fan of any SEC team.

When he was running SEBaseball.com, he was still working another full time job and doing the site as a side hobby. All expenses straight from his pocket. Just a really good guy who loves college baseball. In the early 2000's he was the first to start the weekly regional projections that are so commonplace these days, and he was very good at it.

Like I said it was probably just the fact that his message board was overrun with Arkansas fans. Which I thought was weird, but when you start a message board it's hard to know what the exact dynamic is going to end up being. There weren't very many MSU fans on it, probably because Gene does have a pretty good baseball board and LSU probably has a pretty good one somewhere as well.

MsStateBaseball
01-17-2015, 11:19 AM
The last I heard about Oregon was meeting them in a tournament in Vegas or in California.

MsStateBaseball
01-17-2015, 11:20 AM
There should be lots of articles, etc about college baseball now. Let's all enjoy it.