PDA

View Full Version : Hey Coach, I have a question

tcdog70
01-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Maybe,I just missed this, But what happened to Stanley playing basketball?

msstate7
01-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Not coach, but staley got injured I believe

Coach34
01-16-2015, 03:21 PM
I dont know who Stanley is- but Staley got hurt in football practice just before he was to join the team and had to have his knee scoped. No bball for him this year it looks like. Ray cant catch a break

quickstrike2
01-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Ray hasn't been able to catch a break. I am not sure he would know what to do with one if he did catch it however.

BulldogDX55
01-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Ray hasn't been able to catch a break. I am not sure he would know what to do with one if he did catch it however.

He'd immediately turn it over.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 03:28 PM

He's probably just preaching to defend against those too*

TheDogFather
01-16-2015, 03:44 PM
I dont know who Stanley is- but Staley got hurt in football practice just before he was to join the team and had to have his knee scoped. No bball for him this year it looks like. Ray cant catch a break

Maybe Ray shouldn't depend on breaks. I mean, if not catching breaks is why his coaching sucks.

Coach34
01-16-2015, 03:46 PM
Maybe Ray shouldn't depend on breaks. I mean, if not catching breaks is why his coaching sucks.

Yessssss, because it would suck to have some good fortune bestowed on them wouldnt it? Not having a 4-star basketball player join your team is a bad break. Stop being a bitch

msstate7
01-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Yessssss, because it would suck to have some good fortune bestowed on them wouldnt it? Not having a 4-star basketball player join your team is a bad break. Stop being a bitch

Not to mention ready and sword have back surgery right before the season. Sword obviously isn't right still.

Dunlap's been hurt

Zuppardo out for year

I think we'd much better if those guys were healthy all year. Don't think we'd be great, but certainly better than we are. A healthy sword would make a big difference.

I want a different coach, but ray's certainly not caught any breaks starting with hood leaving

quickstrike2
01-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Not to mention ready and sword have back surgery right before the season. Sword obviously isn't right still.

Dunlap's been hurt

Zuppardo out for year

I think we'd much better if those guys were healthy all year. Don't think we'd be great, but certainly better than we are. A healthy sword would make a big difference.

I want a different coach, but ray's certainly not caught any breaks starting with hood leaving

I agree with this and think Ray is snakebit. Healthy bodies would have helped, no question. I do want a different coach, as I didn't like the hire to start with. I gave him a chance, but in year 3 you gotta do what you gotta do when it is this bad, regardless of excuses.

maroonmania
01-16-2015, 03:59 PM

Dunlap's been hurt

Zuppardo out for year

With the way Ray is snakebit with injuries I don't want ANY football players playing for him. And I'm dead serious when I say that. Heck, Staley apparently got injured just preparing to move over to the basketball team. I fear there is a real hex of some sort that's been placed on MSU basketball.

tcdog70
01-16-2015, 04:02 PM
i just wondered what happened. Sorry I misspelled His Name. Ray got 1 really huge break--A job as a SEC head basketball Coach, dragging a Million dollars a year to the Bank.. After that He had a golden chance to Make His Breaks. But he dribbled it out of Bounds.

Dawg61
01-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Hmmm maybe Ray shoulda filled those 13 scholies allotted for him. Could use a 6'4 SG that can make threes right about now.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Hmmm maybe Ray shoulda filled those 13 scholies allotted for him. Could use a 6'4 SG that can make threes right about now.

Hopefully weatherspoon is that man next year

TheDogFather
01-16-2015, 04:19 PM

You can resort to name calling - vulgar ones at that - but it merely indicates one of two things. One, your argument is so weak that you resort to bravado. Or two, you are defending some sort of mis-judgement.

My statement was completely valid. You insinuated that somehow Ray not catching breaks was the cause of his poor record. And we all know that is untrue. Are we all "bitches"?

Johnson85
01-16-2015, 04:35 PM
You can resort to name calling - vulgar ones at that - but it merely indicates one of two things. One, your argument is so weak that you resort to bravado. Or two, you are defending some sort of mis-judgement.

My statement was completely valid. You insinuated that somehow Ray not catching breaks was the cause of his poor record. And we all know that is untrue. Are we all "bitches"?

He didn't insinuate that. You inferred it and were an ass about it. Ray not catching breaks is probably not the cause of his poor record, but very few coaches would be successful with the injuries he's had to deal with. I'm not going to feel sorry for a guy pulling in 7 figures, but I don't know why you'd be so butt hurt over the thought of him having to deal with a few less injuries.

tcdog70
01-16-2015, 04:58 PM
I've been attending Dog Basketball games since Joe Dan Gold. In all that time I have never seen a Coach not have a full roster or have the injuries that Ray has. Maybe one player every so often might get injured, but nothing like Ray has endured. I would like to know if it is just some freak occurrence or something He is doing.If Engie could run a stat showing injuries down through the Years,that would be interesting. Look, I'm a huge Basketball fan and I'm sick of where we are. I would not care if Ray turned it around and started winning--that would be super. But that ain't going to happen. We need a BB Coach, Forget the Shit about a good Coach won't come to MSU--There are some out there, go get one. Now there might not be many out there that can take us to the sweet 16 every year, but there are some out there that can get Us to the top of the SEC and 20 wins a Year---That doesn't look to shabby now--does it?

yjnkdawg
01-16-2015, 06:53 PM
I agree with this and think Ray is snakebit. Healthy bodies would have helped, no question. I do want a different coach, as I didn't like the hire to start with. I gave him a chance, but in year 3 you gotta do what you gotta do when it is this bad, regardless of excuses.

I think most of our players could score points before they came to MSU, but it appears defense has been pushed so hard by this coaching staff, that offensive basketball is a lost art as well as free throw shooting recently.