PDA

View Full Version : Penn State gets all 112 wins back, Paterno now winningest coach again.

MadDawg
01-16-2015, 02:31 PM
First they got all their scholarships and post-season eligibility back last year, now they get all their wins back and Paterno is the golden-boy again and is the winningest coach in NCAA history. I wonder if they also gave all those kids their life back too?

edit to add:
http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/top-news/penn-state-ncaa-deal-in-sandusky-case-may-be-takin/njqCg/?ecmp=ajc_social_facebook_2014_sec_sfp

Alldawg
01-16-2015, 02:39 PM
I understand this is a very slippery slope when discussing this topic. With that said, has it not been proven that Paterno was innocent in the scandal? I am asking because I do not know the answer. I do not see the point in stripping all of their wins during that time. It does not help the victims in the past and the bowl ban did nothing for the families. By stripping the school of those wins, you are also stripping all of those players of those wins. This was a criminal matter and I really don't get punishing the players in the past or the players that were punished by the bowl bans. With all of that said, the SOB got off easy and should have had his ass handed over to the kids that he molested and allowed them to punish him.

MadDawg
01-16-2015, 02:44 PM
I don't claim to know all the facts, so if someone does, please correct me. But I have always understood that Paterno was complacent in what was going on. Whether he knew what was actually going on or not, he chose to not know.

whosyourdawgy
01-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Everything I remember about it was that Joe Pa was aware of the goings on and basically turned his head on the situation. I think this is complete and total bullshit but no matter, there will always be a very dark cloud asterisk above anything with his name on it now.

War Machine Dawg
01-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Once aGAIN, what NCAA rules were broken? Way too many of you are letting the emotions of the situation cloud the facts. The NCAA exists to enforce rules related to on-field competitive advantage. Nothing happened at Penn State that necessitated NCCA involvement or sanctions. And don't try to include it under the nebulous "institutional control" clause. It was never intended to include a situation like that.

Was it terrible? Yes. But it was a criminal matter to be handled by the judicial system. Sandusky deserves death for what he did. And he'll spend the rest of his days being bottom bitch for every inmate in the prison. Paterno deserved to spend time rotting in jail for covering up what was happening. But it was not in any way, shape, or form an NCAA matter.

quickstrike2
01-16-2015, 03:13 PM
He knew, and if he would have been one tenth of the man he claimed to be he would have done something about it. Memory serving me correctly, he even admitted that "he wished he would have done more." I'm not saying he knew everything, but it's only because he didn't want to know. For that, I think he is a piece of shit. And I'm glad it all came out while he was still around and he was fired and publicly exposed.

DanDority
01-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Once aGAIN, what NCAA rules were broken? Way too many of you are letting the emotions of the situation cloud the facts. The NCAA exists to enforce rules related to on-field competitive advantage. Nothing happened at Penn State that necessitated NCCA involvement or sanctions. And don't try to include it under the nebulous "institutional control" clause. It was never intended to include a situation like that.

Was it terrible? Yes. But it was a criminal matter to be handled by the judicial system. Sandusky deserves death for what he did. And he'll spend the rest of his days being bottom bitch for every inmate in the prison. Paterno deserved to spend time rotting in jail for covering up what was happening. But it was not in any way, shape, or form an NCAA matter.

Perfectly said WMD

Tbonewannabe
01-16-2015, 04:04 PM

It was a complete PR move. Like it or not NCAA is a business that was out to protect its brand. So it would be the same if it came out that JoePa was the one raping the kids. Pretty much everywhere has a morality clause.

MadDawg
01-16-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm just glad something tarnished Paterno's image. He was held up as the good old grandpa of college football. In reality, he was a snake that would do anything to protect his program. including destroying the lives of multiple young children.

LC Dawg
01-16-2015, 04:17 PM
The sad thing about this is there is still a debate among Penn State fans on whether or not they should bring back Paterno's statue. That's got to be tough on the victims and their families when they see people still trying to honor someone who could have stopped the crimes from being committed. I admired Paterno over the years but I now think he is a pos.

Dawgface
01-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Maybe be can get Redman's year back since the ncaa is such a giving mood. ;)

Johnson85
01-16-2015, 04:40 PM
With that said, has it not been proven that Paterno was innocent in the scandal?

The assistant coach (or maybe GA at the time) told Paterno that he saw Sandusky showering with like a 6 year old boy. Paterno supposedly told the President and then did nothing further about it. That's probably not a criminal offense, but it's still pretty vile.

DownwardDawg
01-16-2015, 05:10 PM

I agree 100% and have said this from the beginning. It should have never involved NCAA sanctions. Now Sandusky? He should get raped to death.

DownwardDawg
01-16-2015, 05:12 PM
The sad thing about this is there is still a debate among Penn State fans on whether or not they should bring back Paterno's statue. That's got to be tough on the victims and their families when they see people still trying to honor someone who could have stopped the crimes from being committed. I admired Paterno over the years but I now think he is a pos.

Complete POS. I still agree with WMD though. No NCAA rules were broken.

msu4ever
01-16-2015, 05:45 PM
Complete POS. I still agree with WMD though. No NCAA rules were broken.

As much as I hate it, I, too, agree that I do not know enough of the rules to know if NCAA Rules were broken, so I guess this is what they had to do. Here's something I have a hard time believing though.....Heard someone who I think was Joe's son talking on a sports radio show today and, even though I did not catch it all, he said something I cannot believe is true. I heard him say Joe was prevented BY LAW from reporting what he saw, knew, or thought he knew...some lame reason it might have tipped off the offender. I work with students and often in a counseling role, and I am required BY LAW to report any thing I hear or know that even remotely resembles the actions they uncovered at Penn State. I cannot imagine the LAW prevented Joe from reporting what he knew. I understand the LAW requires the opposite. Can someone help me understand what he may have been referring to? Right now I am having a real hard time finding any justifiable reason.

sleepy dawg
01-16-2015, 05:48 PM
The assistant coach (or maybe GA at the time) told Paterno that he saw Sandusky showering with like a 6 year old boy. Paterno supposedly told the President and then did nothing further about it. That's probably not a criminal offense, but it's still pretty vile.

Let's be clear here when we say "showering"... He told him he saw him f*cking a little boy in his @ss. Everyone involved is a monster, and there has never been a more blatant example of lack of institutional control. Sandusky was running a pedophile ring through the university where they used their charity to lure in poor little boys with no good role models so they could keep them quiet. This was a multilevel-ed operation that involved many men and many children. Some of those men allowed it to happen, while others participated.

Undoing all of this tells me 1 thing. That the NCAA doesn't care if your university is using football to run pedophile prostitution rings. This is not just a criminal thing. This is a football and pedophile ecosystem intertwined, where the people involved were the closest thing to worshiped and protected since they provided football, it was okay for them to destroy the lives of the innocent and trusting children who just wanted a role model and someone they could trust and look up to.

Makes me f*cking sick

FlabLoser
01-16-2015, 05:55 PM
You folks saying no NCAA rules were broken don't know the rules. The NCAA has broad rules about character and integrity. PSU very clearly broke the rules as explained here in detail:

http://www.psu.edu/ur/2011/NCAA.pdf

It's pretty damn hypocritical to criticize Paterno for not doing enough while some of don't do enough to understand what happened.

sleepy dawg
01-16-2015, 05:57 PM

THEY USED THE FOOTBALL SYSTEM/TEAM TO LURE IN LITTLE BOYS TO THEIR FOOTBALL LOCKERROOMS TO F*CK THEM. The boys even got to meet the legend of JoPa himself before being raped. This is absolutely a football problem. And yes, the rules of sanctioning apply to more than just what happens on the field. Just like they do with money, grades, or anything else that the football program is doing.

sleepy dawg
01-16-2015, 06:01 PM
You folks saying no NCAA rules were broken don't know the rules. The NCAA has broad rules about character and integrity. PSU very clearly broke the rules as explained here in detail:

http://www.psu.edu/ur/2011/NCAA.pdf

It's pretty damn hypocritical to criticize Paterno for not doing enough while some of don't do enough to understand what happened.

Thank you Flab, everyone can't wait to say how this has nothing to do with football.

DancingRabbit
01-16-2015, 06:46 PM
Maybe they can hang a banner in that shower.

I felt the punishment was appropriate and it sucks that now in two years the folks in Happy Valley have bought their pardons.

Those deluded fans up there put Aubies to shame.

War Machine Dawg
01-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Let's be clear here when we say "showering"... He told him he saw him f*cking a little boy in his @ss. Everyone involved is a monster, and there has never been a more blatant example of lack of institutional control. Sandusky was running a pedophile ring through the university where they used their charity to lure in poor little boys with no good role models so they could keep them quiet. This was a multilevel-ed operation that involved many men and many children. Some of those men allowed it to happen, while others participated.

Undoing all of this tells me 1 thing. That the NCAA doesn't care if your university is using football to run pedophile prostitution rings. This is not just a criminal thing. This is a football and pedophile ecosystem intertwined, where the people involved were the closest thing to worshiped and protected since they provided football, it was okay for them to destroy the lives of the innocent and trusting children who just wanted a role model and someone they could trust and look up to.

Makes me f*cking sick

THEY USED THE FOOTBALL SYSTEM/TEAM TO LURE IN LITTLE BOYS TO THEIR FOOTBALL LOCKERROOMS TO F*CK THEM. The boys even got to meet the legend of JoPa himself before being raped. This is absolutely a football problem. And yes, the rules of sanctioning apply to more than just what happens on the field. Just like they do with money, grades, or anything else that the football program is doing.

This guy is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Too emotional to look at it objectively.

Quaoarsking
01-16-2015, 07:09 PM
It would be one thing if a coach was 17ing little boys on the side and it had nothing to do with the football program. If it truly was completely separate from the school, then it might be inappropriate for the NCAA to sanction.

But when it was using his position as a football coach, and then former football coach to meet children and rape them on school property, and the football coach knew it, and the university administration knew it, and nobody cared to stop it, it does become an NCAA issue. Now, vacating wins from the past is a pretty hollow penalty (unless the players/coaches were actually cheating the in-game rules), and I supported the Death Penalty for them, rather than the relatively light punishment they received. But the NCAA has now reneged on everything -- they get the wins back, they get the scholarships back, they get to go to bowl games. They have essentially been pardoned.

Also, it would help if Penn State fans, ya know, cared about this. If they were all disgusted and horrified and admitted that Joe Paterno is one of the biggest scumbags in American sports history, I'd support some leniency. Instead they all willfully ignore the facts and continue to contrive his supreme innocence. As long as Penn State fans have this obscene blind devotion to a monster like Joe Pa, they can all go to Hell. They should have had an indefinite Death Penalty that would only been lifted when the majority of the fanbase truly believed Joe Paterno was a despicable person.

sleepy dawg
01-16-2015, 08:39 PM
I do get worked up about the issue and, what appears to me, the lack of some others to see it as serious as I do. However, I am very capable of taking a step back and seeing things objectively. When I see the rules, I see a violation. (FlabLoser posted an example below.) And if this is indeed considered a violation by the NCAA, then it is the most serious violation I have ever heard... That's all I'm saying.

DLGDawg
01-17-2015, 10:06 AM
As far as NCAA rules and "competitive advantage"....how many mothers and fathers would have let their sons go play there if they knew the whole truth?

archdog
01-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Well they did on an institutional level cover this stuff up to protect the football team and the university's reputation. So lack of institutional control and lack of institutional moral compass. Either way, every little kid involved should receive 50% of the entire football teams funds for the rest of their lives. Couple that with Joe Pa should never be mentioned again in the media without stating his crimes associated like any other pediphile. It's sick and the NCAA is now condoning his actions. The NCAA now condones coaches actively helping their staff and associated members rape multiple children.

archdog
01-17-2015, 07:47 PM
It would be one thing if a coach was 17ing little boys on the side and it had nothing to do with the football program. If it truly was completely separate from the school, then it might be inappropriate for the NCAA to sanction.

But when it was using his position as a football coach, and then former football coach to meet children and rape them on school property, and the football coach knew it, and the university administration knew it, and nobody cared to stop it, it does become an NCAA issue. Now, vacating wins from the past is a pretty hollow penalty (unless the players/coaches were actually cheating the in-game rules), and I supported the Death Penalty for them, rather than the relatively light punishment they received. But the NCAA has now reneged on everything -- they get the wins back, they get the scholarships back, they get to go to bowl games. They have essentially been pardoned.

Also, it would help if Penn State fans, ya know, cared about this. If they were all disgusted and horrified and admitted that Joe Paterno is one of the biggest scumbags in American sports history, I'd support some leniency. Instead they all willfully ignore the facts and continue to contrive his supreme innocence. As long as Penn State fans have this obscene blind devotion to a monster like Joe Pa, they can all go to Hell. They should have had an indefinite Death Penalty that would only been lifted when the majority of the fanbase truly believed Joe Paterno was a despicable person.

Exactly. Perfect post. Next topic.

sleepy dawg
01-17-2015, 08:12 PM

Yet another topnotch post by Quaoarsking. Perfectly said.