PDA

View Full Version : O going after OM croots from LA

TrapGame
01-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Heard this on Bo this morning. A lot of pissed off bears on rebel grove. Bucky probably hated to hear his mentor was coming back to the area in full crooting mode!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-16-2015, 09:25 AM
And he'll be after Peters as well...that's very concerning.

TrapGame
01-16-2015, 09:30 AM
And he'll be after Peters as well...that's very concerning.

(sigh)...yep, I read on another board that LSU is now in a full court press for Peters.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 09:33 AM
I'll be extremely disappointed in our people if we lose Peters. I don't think we will, and the reports, from last night, are that his family is resolved to go to MSU.

That being said, Peters has a chance to start for MSU next year. It would be embarrassing to lose a kid that has that opportunity.

engie
01-16-2015, 09:34 AM
OM has one Louisiana recruit in this cycle -- the QB Pellerin. None next cycle thusfar...

Ogre isn't going to much effect our recruiting down there. It'll be more of a blow to Alabama and aTm, who had begun getting La players that LSU actually had as top priorities.

Everyone needs to relax. Still 2.5 weeks till signing day.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 09:54 AM
So is peters the only recruit we're concerned about right now?

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 10:00 AM
So is peters the only recruit we're concerned about right now?

I'm not concerned about him. Sure, Jamal says a lot on twitter, but, from all indications by Paul and Rosebowl, Jamal and his family are prepared to sign with MSU and have been for sometime. Their relationship with Tony Hughes is solid.

Despite him having fun on twitter, there has never been any wavering by Jamal or his family. At this point, there is no reason to be concerned about Jamal signing with anyone other than MSU, unless you just get concerned because he's a really really good player and other coaches are trying to flip him.

Maroon Blood
01-16-2015, 10:01 AM
They need to be very worried at Jellystone Park. Coach O wrote the Bears' recruiting manual and knows exactly how they operate, especially the Reverend. He has a vendetta against them and wants revenge.

EAVdog
01-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Coach O won't have much effect this year, LSU is playing defense in recruiting. They have to first keep others from raiding the best talent in the state. Next year perhaps if LSU can turn things around but frankly I'm not sure they can. I don't think Les Miles has a long time left there.

mic
01-16-2015, 10:40 AM
U
OM has one Louisiana recruit in this cycle -- the QB Pellerin. None next cycle thusfar...

Ogre isn't going to much effect our recruiting down there. It'll be more of a blow to Alabama and aTm, who had begun getting La players that LSU actually had as top priorities.

Everyone needs to relax. Still 2.5 weeks till signing day.

Yep.. That's just Bear fans trying to make themselves feel relevant and make themselves look more important since this is their favorite time of the year..
If O Is there more than a year he will hurt Bama , Texas am , and FSU more than us..
Looks like There is some major talent in Louisiana next year ... Most on the defensive side of the ball
I would be more concerned about Leo to LSU than Jamal..

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 10:45 AM
U

Yep.. That's just Bear fans trying to make themselves feel relevant and make themselves look more important since this is their favorite time of the year..
If O Is there more than a year he will hurt Bama , Texas am , and FSU more than us..
Looks like There is some major talent in Louisiana next year ... Most on the defensive side of the ball
I would be more concerned about Leo to LSU than Jamal..

Agree

Bo Bounds is making a big deal out of Jamal and LSU this morning, but I'm not sure where that's coming from. Sure he may visit there, but according to all the insiders, Jamal is solid with MSU and has never wavered behind closed doors.

TrapGame
01-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Agree

Bo Bounds is making a big deal out of Jamal and LSU this morning, but I'm not sure where that's coming from. Sure he may visit there, but according to all the insiders, Jamal is solid with MSU and has never wavered behind closed doors.

That's Bo thing. He called ole miss an elite recruiter yesterday. I guess one top 5 class makes you an elite recruiter. He also said MSU wouldn't finish in the top 20 recruiting wise this year.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Listening to the Boneyard & Rosebowl says that Peters MAY not visit this weekend, but it's nothing to be concerned about if he doesn't. He says that if Peters doesn't visit, it is MSU's strategy for him not to visit, rather than Peters changing his mind or anything like that.

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/bulldogsportsradio/2015-01-15-1857831134-boneyard116.mp3

maroonmania
01-16-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm not concerned about him. Sure, Jamal says a lot on twitter, but, from all indications by Paul and Rosebowl, Jamal and his family are prepared to sign with MSU and have been for sometime. Their relationship with Tony Hughes is solid.

Despite him having fun on twitter, there has never been any wavering by Jamal or his family. At this point, there is no reason to be concerned about Jamal signing with anyone other than MSU, unless you just get concerned because he's a really really good player and other coaches are trying to flip him.

Personally I'm more concerned about LSU getting back in it strongly with Lewis just because his recruitment is so dynamic anyway. Not that we are going to get Lewis if LSU doesn't. He is still committed to OM after all.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Steve Robertson ‏@ScoutSteveR 40s40 seconds ago
MSU CB target Kareem Orr. May visit Starkville next weekend "@ReemKnows1: Catching this flight to Arizona‼️✈️✈️”

West Houston Dog
01-16-2015, 11:58 AM
We need another big time recruiter(guess Hughes is our best?)....the best recruiting programs are the ones who are the top dogs year in and year out. We know we have many logistic problems to deal with ... ie a small state with a smaller population relative to the other SEC programs. Poor state. Mediocre historic football track record.But to heck with having the lowest football expenditures every year in the SEC. I realize our football expenses cant just be ignored when you are AD/head coach but I wish Stricklin had committed to paying some extra $$$ to raise the level of our recruiting. STARS DO MATTTER! But guess I am barking up the wrong tree.

engie
01-16-2015, 12:25 PM
the best recruiting programs are the ones who are the top dogs year in and year out

Or are the top dogs year in and year out "the best recruiting program"? What is actually the tail and what is the dog?

Recruiting services fully form in 2002 -- with 120+ years of data to tell them "which programs are the best and thus must recruit the best". They've been fitting their formula and player rankings to satisfy that agenda and preconceived notion from the very start.

Oregon was the 14th most talented team in the country this year per 4 year composite recruiting rankings mean average. So, do they not actually recruit at an elite level then? Or is their success still too "new" for the artificial inflation of prospect ratings that commit or have serious interest from them to firmly take hold in the way it does with long-term powers Bama, FSU, Ohio St? What is the tail and what is the dog?

Stricklin could have given Ogre $1mil to be a position coach and he still would have ended up at LSU. That is his home and where he wanted to be. Not all that different from Cohen turning down BY FAR the most lucrative contract in the history of college baseball at UK to come rebuild Polk's mess for us... We need to raise assistant pay -- and we need to cut loose dead weight and PAY great assistants. I've beat that drum harder than most. But I'm not ready to base very much of that on who 247sports.com says is the best recruiters and the best recruits(these "best" recruiters almost always falling at one of 10 power schools -- again, leading to the tail or the dog question).

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Peters' uncle passed away, so I doubt he'll be coming in this weekend. Visit should probably be moved to next weekend

preachermatt83
01-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Ill tell you this for sure, If Peters goes anywhere other than State then he is gonna have one MAD mama!! If mama aint happy aint nobody happy.