PDA

View Full Version : Toilets are jealous of Hugh Freeze, SMH

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 12:33 AM
This guy is so full of shit that toilets are jealous. I have come to realize that fanbases would probably follow the Taliban if it meant they could land a few recruits and win 8+ games.

"Chad and I had a meeting with him this morning before I left. I feel good about where things are. School starts next Wednesday, I believe. If he continues on the journey he's on, we're gonna give it a go together. We're gonna handcuff ourselves together. I believe in the redemptive quality of man, to give a guy a chance."

"He's obviously made mistakes. He hasn't made them with us yet. We all think we can be a difference. If I don't, then I tried and I'll take some criticism. But you know, I try not to listen to criticism or praise. I'm just really about the redemptive quality of man and giving a kid a chance."

"Now he has to complete everything that I've laid out for him before the green light is given. Everything to this point points in the direction that he's on track to do that."

This man's hypocrisy is laughably predictable. He comes up with sermons & preaching moments to justify his actions.

Whenever the day comes that Hugh Freeze is no longer the coach at Ole Miss, either after being fired or retiring, I am anxious to ask a few level headed, Christian Ole Miss fans if they were fully comfortable and supported the way that Freeze used Christianity to justify his actions and talk to his fanbase, or if they just liked his recruiting results and made a conscious decision to look the other way.

I really like Mark Richt and we all know Richt is a strong Christian man, but there is something geniune about him that's different from Freeze. It's not my place to judge Freeze, but something doesn't seem right with the way he flaunts his religion for personal gain and to justify his actions. Richt is probably the quickest coach in the SEC to kick a player off the team, and there is something genuine about that as we know he believes in something greater than football and has a higher purpose.

That being said, I'm excited about Kelly. The entertainment value of watching him play and handle himself on the road at Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and MSU will be priceless. I think there is about a 82.769% chance that he embarrasses their program in one of those 4 road games.

deltadawg99
01-16-2015, 12:44 AM
I know plenty of people around Memphis that can't stand Freeze and say he is all show.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 12:58 AM
I know plenty of people around Memphis that can't stand Freeze and say he is all show.

There is an incredible amount of arrogance needed to speak to his fanbase they way he speaks to them. He speaks to them like a Catholic Preist in fuedal Europe before Bibles were printed in different languages and the common population had the chance to actually interpret and learn things for themselves.

Again, their are some good people that are Reb fans and I'm anxious to someday get their true feelings on this guy.

starkvegasdawg
01-16-2015, 01:50 AM
"Obviously he's made mistakes. He hasn't made them with us yet". How key is the last word in that quote? Bucky knows it's coming.

I seen it dawg
01-16-2015, 06:59 AM
"We're gonna handcuff ourselves together" How prophetic is that one going to be...

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 07:34 AM
I'm not sure how many of you have read Malcolm Gladwell's book "Blink", but basically, something isn't right with this man. I could careless about his football coaching ability, recruiting, or anything else that doesn't matter, something isn't right about this man, but I'm having trouble putting my finger on it.

To be balanced, Dan is weird. Dan can be introverted and awkward to be around, but something about Freeze is off, and I'm speaking from non biased person right now and not from a fan point of view.

If we had a president or politician speak like Freeze, you'd fully expect to find something illegal going on with them.

starkvegasdawg
01-16-2015, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure how many of you have read Malcolm Gladwell's book "Blink", but basically, something isn't right with this man. I could careless about his football coaching ability, recruiting, or anything else that doesn't matter, something isn't right about this man, but I'm having trouble putting my finger on it.

To be balanced, Dan is weird. Dan can be introverted and awkward to be around, but something about Freeze is off, and I'm speaking from non biased person right now and not from a fan point of view.

If we had a president or politician speak like Freeze, you'd fully expect to find something illegal going on with them.

http://stuffwhitedbagslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/jimmy_swaggart.jpg

HereComesTheSpiral
01-16-2015, 08:07 AM

It has a name called narcissistic personality disorder.

starkvegasdawg
01-16-2015, 08:12 AM
It has a name called narcissistic personality disorder.

Wouldn't that apply to 90% of the bear fan base?

HereComesTheSpiral
01-16-2015, 08:20 AM
Wouldn't that apply to 90% of the bear fan base?

Yep, but he has a larger platform to broadcast his feelings. Everytime I see him talk, I think of a televangelist, one look and you can tell he is a scumbag.

BeastMan
01-16-2015, 08:20 AM
I don't have a problem with Kelly getting another chance. The bottom line is that its all about winning football games and not some corny redemptive quality of man mumbo jumbo. The stakes in big-time college football are huge. One false step and a HC is on his way out and with salaries at 4M a year you see why these guys sometimes make seemingly crazy personnel discipline decisions. Heck, Saban let a kid back that robbed a student on campus. That's 10x worse. There is a difference in how Saban and Freeze approaches these things on the back end which leads to Freeze taking more criticism.

MrKotter
01-16-2015, 08:25 AM

I know a few that played for him at Briarcrest. All say he's phony as hell and can't stand him.

Dawgface
01-16-2015, 08:33 AM
"We're gonna handcuff ourselves together" How prophetic is that one going to be...

They better handcuff him to somebody, otherwise he will do something on their clock.

thf24
01-16-2015, 08:46 AM
"Obviously he's made mistakes. He hasn't made them with us yet". How key is the last word in that quote? Bucky knows it's coming.

Not to mention it's a lie. He had signed with them a few days before the night club incident. Of course everyone at OM from top to bottom is perfectly willing to pretend otherwise, but he had already locked himself in with them, and he and his actions were directly associated with them on that night whether they want to admit it or not.

Johnson85
01-16-2015, 08:59 AM
I don't have a problem with Kelly getting another chance. The bottom line is that its all about winning football games and not some corny redemptive quality of man mumbo jumbo. The stakes in big-time college football are huge. One false step and a HC is on his way out and with salaries at 4M a year you see why these guys sometimes make seemingly crazy personnel discipline decisions. Heck, Saban let a kid back that robbed a student on campus. That's 10x worse. There is a difference in how Saban and Freeze approaches these things on the back end which leads to Freeze taking more criticism.

If we were in their situation and Mullen didn't take a chance on a QB like that, I would be pissed. Unless he just knew that he wasn't going to be able to keep him from poisoning the locker room. But it still galls me to use Christianity to mask naked self interest. Just say the truth. There are huge red flags regarding this kids character, but he hasn't done anything so bad yet that he doesn't deserve a chance. We're going to bring him in and try to see if we can help him moderate his behavior, and if he starts doing things that are detrimental to the team, we'll remove him from the team.

SouthMsDawg
01-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Freeze sees himself as the modern day Bobby Bowden

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 09:22 AM

Nailed it.

I don't have a problem with him bringing Kelly on either, and I would be pissed if Mullen didn't do the same. What bothers me is how he brings Christianity into the equation and says it in such an arrogant way, as if his fan base is too stupid to see the real reason for his decision.

Saban just brought a felon on campus, but we all know where Saban stands and he is genuine about it. Again, this has to make some of their level headed, Christian fans a little uncomfortable.

I know some pastors that are Ole Miss fans, and I would be curious how they feel about Freeze

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 09:26 AM
If we were in their situation and Mullen didn't take a chance on a QB like that, I would be pissed. Unless he just knew that he wasn't going to be able to keep him from poisoning the locker room. But it still galls me to use Christianity to mask naked self interest. Just say the truth. There are huge red flags regarding this kids character, but he hasn't done anything so bad yet that he doesn't deserve a chance. We're going to bring him in and try to see if we can help him moderate his behavior, and if he starts doing things that are detrimental to the team, we'll remove him from the team.

You nailed it. Good post

Freeze is the kid that tells his teacher that his dog ate his homework and then get pissed when she doesn't buy it. However, he isn't pissed because it was a bad excuse, he's pissed because he actually thought she was an idiot and would buy it.

Aces High
01-16-2015, 09:38 AM
I know yall dont want to read this but hugh is a good "christian" man. He just is.

Does he know about what his players do? Of course. What can any coach really do? Partying and getting BJs isnt illegal.

That said, I know what he does behind closed doors and I dont think he is a faker. Sure, everyone makes mistakes. You put yourself out there when you thump the bible. That said, it isnt a show and he really believes all that shit. Ive been aroud him in private and Ive never heard a bad word out of his mouth. About the only thing Ive ever seen him do is get a dip.

Gus Malzahn is somewhat similar though completely different personalaties.

maroonmania
01-16-2015, 09:46 AM
No doubt he routinely uses his "faith" for personal and professional gain. There is just something VERY un-Jesus like about that. As has been mentioned, he is well within his right to bring in Kelly or any other player that the university will admit onto his football team, but for pete's sake, don't act like you are somehow doing it for the betterment of humanity. Freeze is doing it to have a better football team. If he can help the kid in the process I'm sure he is good with that but if he couldn't play football, and more specifically QB where Freeze is somewhat desparate, he wouldn't give this kid the time of day. There are and have been a lot of solid Christian college football HCs (Mark Richt, Tom Osborne, Phil Fulmer, Gus Malzahn, etc.) but I've never heard another one constantly try to justify everything he does in the realm of football with a sermon.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 09:50 AM
I know yall dont want to read this but hugh is a good "christian" man. He just is.

Does he know about what his players do? Of course. What can any coach really do? Partying and getting BJs isnt illegal.

That said, I know what he does behind closed doors and I dont think he is a faker. Sure, everyone makes mistakes. You put yourself out there when you thump the bible. That said, it isnt a show and he really believes all that shit. Ive been aroud him in private and Ive never heard a bad word out of his mouth. About the only thing Ive ever seen him do is get a dip.

Again, I'm not judging what the mans true heart is, but that doesn't change the fact that he uses the bible to mask his own self interests.

He may a good Christian man, and I really hope he is, but he is also an extremely arrogant man that mask obvious intentions and reasons behind the bible. He speaks to his fan base like they are bunch of idiots.

You don't have to use the Bible to justify Kelly.

You could just say, "I am a football coach, and job is to win football games." That's all he has to say and everyone would find it genuine and full of truth.

It is said that when Joe Gibbs was the coach of the Redskins, he would keep a Bible on desk in plain view for everyone to see. He would never push it on others or talk about it, but everyone knew where he stood.

Freeze doesn't operate this way. Freeze take the Bible out and finds proper verse or idea that justifies his actions.

To sit here and say, "Hugh is a good Christian man" tells me that you are entirely missing the point.

Johnson85
01-16-2015, 09:50 AM

He may be a pretty decent guy, but he is using a Christian message to advance his position rather than using his position to advance a Christian message. Doesn't make him the worst person in the world and doesn't make him a better or worse Christian than most others. But it's definitely something he should be criticized for.

And even if you are sincere, if you are willing to turn your head to the worst excesses of SEC recruiting, you don't need to go out there and trumpet what a good Christian you are. Show people some actions rather than words and any hypocrisy would be much less damaging.

RBritt
01-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Bring Kelly in and say we are here to win football games. If you phuck up once you will be gone. Now go win us some football games son.

BeastMan
01-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Aces,

I completely agree that Hugh is a good guy in his everyday life. Although I've never met him I've never thought he was running around chugging bourbon and cursing. You also make a good point about him not being directly responsible for actions of his team. I can look back on my old youth group in high school. Our youth pastor certainly wasn't respondibke for any of the guys drinking beer at a field party.

I am uncomfortable at times and I'll speak on other situations to illustrate my point. I don't think Joel Olsteen is a bad guy. He probably "lives it" everyday. However, I can't agree with theology that insinuates that monetary gain comes with Christianity. I think that message plays to a falted human nature. There is a difference in thinking someone is a bad person and fundamentally disagreeing. I'm sure a Methodist and Baptist preacher coukd have a heated discussion over fundamental disagreements (ex: baptism).

I have never been comfortable with public displays of faith that always seem to support you're mission, whatever that may be, to a T. For example, I have a friend who worked for a "Christian" business whose bosses called them in and said after a lot of prayer, they think God is indicating to them that they needed to let them go. It's the way some folks do thing to where there is never any personal responsibility b/c God said so. God didn't fire anyone. They did. Own it and wear it.

People in general, Freeze included, sit better with me when they wear what they do/are 100% of the time. We all have to answer for everything eventually and that's all that counts. Personally, I do my best everyday to be a quality human being (based on principles and guidelines in the bible) in my decisions and interactions with others. Steer the ship the best I can if you will. Whatever wrong I'll answer for and whatever I do right comes back to my personal basis.

Back to Freeze, I think the biggest fault of his is insecurity in how he is viewed and that actually plays in to the negative view. If his statement was that he's taking Kelly back b/c he's completed his list of expectations and he'll be expected to follow program character expectations etc... That would come off better. It would come off secure in himself and his decision. A long statement where he twice sites his belief in the redemptive quality of men comes off as explaining a justification. It makes it feel completely different on the back-end than how a Saban or Richt would handle it. In turn, it feeds into exactly the thing he doesn't like. I think the best thing Freeze coukd do (not that he should or that he cares) is keeping "living it", make quick & decisive decisions based on his moral compass, and not try to explain/justify it up. Defending a decision from the beginning makes it feel like there is something that needs defending. Make sense?

All this said, I championed for him to give Kelly another chance and went on record with that. I have zero problem with him taking him. This discussion of how he went about it is really splitting fine hairs b/c at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Kelly is a Rebel and has the chance to earn the starting job and win football games in the fall. Ultimately, that's all that matters.

thf24
01-16-2015, 10:30 AM
No doubt he routinely uses his "faith" for personal and professional gain. There is just something VERY un-Jesus like about that.

Something about money-collectors in the temple comes to mind.

codeDawg
01-16-2015, 10:37 AM
No doubt he routinely uses his "faith" for personal and professional gain. There is just something VERY un-Jesus like about that. As has been mentioned, he is well within his right to bring in Kelly or any other player that the university will admit onto his football team, but for pete's sake, don't act like you are somehow doing it for the betterment of humanity. Freeze is doing it to have a better football team. If he can help the kid in the process I'm sure he is good with that but if he couldn't play football, and more specifically QB where Freeze is somewhat desparate, he wouldn't give this kid the time of day. There are and have been a lot of solid Christian college football HCs (Mark Richt, Tom Osborne, Phil Fulmer, Gus Malzahn, etc.) but I've never heard another one constantly try to justify everything he does in the realm of football with a sermon.

Completely agree.

I don't think Freeze is fake. He's a man of God and a sinner just like me. There is a fine line to be drawn though where you are using your faith in God to elevate other people's perception of yourself.

There is a difference between serving and witnessing for God, and putting the glory on yourself. I've not thought through it enough to know if that's what's going on, but that is the perception of what he's been doing and why opposing fans are repulsed by him.

codeDawg
01-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Aces,

I completely agree that Hugh is a good guy in his everyday life. Although I've never met him I've never thought he was running around chugging bourbon and cursing. You also make a good point about him not being directly responsible for actions of his team. I can look back on my old youth group in high school. Our youth pastor certainly wasn't respondibke for any of the guys drinking beer at a field party.

I am uncomfortable at times and I'll speak on other situations to illustrate my point. I don't think Joel Olsteen is a bad guy. He probably "lives it" everyday. However, I can't agree with theology that insinuates that monetary gain comes with Christianity. I think that message plays to a falted human nature. There is a difference in thinking someone is a bad person and fundamentally disagreeing. I'm sure a Methodist and Baptist preacher coukd have a heated discussion over fundamental disagreements (ex: baptism).

I have never been comfortable with public displays of faith that always seem to support you're mission, whatever that may be, to a T. For example, I have a friend who worked for a "Christian" business whose bosses called them in and said after a lot of prayer, they think God is indicating to them that they needed to let them go. It's the way some folks do thing to where there is never any personal responsibility b/c God said so. God didn't fire anyone. They did. Own it and wear it.

People in general, Freeze included, sit better with me when they wear what they do/are 100% of the time. We all have to answer for everything eventually and that's all that counts. Personally, I do my best everyday to be a quality human being (based on principles and guidelines in the bible) in my decisions and interactions with others. Steer the ship the best I can if you will. Whatever wrong I'll answer for and whatever I do right comes back to my personal basis.

Back to Freeze, I think the biggest fault of his is insecurity in how he is viewed and that actually plays in to the negative view. If his statement was that he's taking Kelly back b/c he's completed his list of expectations and he'll be expected to follow program character expectations etc... That would come off better. It would come off secure in himself and his decision. A long statement where he twice sites his belief in the redemptive quality of men comes off as explaining a justification. It makes it feel completely different on the back-end than how a Saban or Richt would handle it. In turn, it feeds into exactly the thing he doesn't like. I think the best thing Freeze coukd do (not that he should or that he cares) is keeping "living it", make quick & decisive decisions based on his moral compass, and not try to explain/justify it up. Defending a decision from the beginning makes it feel like there is something that needs defending. Make sense?

All this said, I championed for him to give Kelly another chance and went on record with that. I have zero problem with him taking him. This discussion of how he went about it is really splitting fine hairs b/c at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Kelly is a Rebel and has the chance to earn the starting job and win football games in the fall. Ultimately, that's all that matters.

Agree with you here a better way to put it would have been, "I believe in second changes because God has shown me a lot of grace. We need some help at QB, and Chad needs an opportunity to redeem his past actions. We're going to take a chance on each other."

With Freeze's statement it makes him sound like he things God has appointed him as Chad's personal savior. He hints at the "redemptive quality of man" without really giving God glory for his ability to redeem. We don't save anyone, we are saved through God.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Agree with you here a better way to put it would have been, "I believe in second changes because God has shown me a lot of grace. We need some help at QB, and Chad needs an opportunity to redeem his past actions. We're going to take a chance on each other."

With Freeze's statement it makes him sound like he things God has appointed him as Chad's personal savior. He hints at the "redemptive quality of man" without really giving God glory for his ability to redeem. We don't save anyone, we are saved through God.

I wouldn't even say "God showed me grace.'. I would just say, "we are excited to have Chad on the team. We understand that there are some concerns, and we plan to handle those in house."

The point is when you live a Christian life, you can show people by your actions, not by your words.

FlabLoser
01-16-2015, 11:03 AM
I have a big problem with Freeze juxtaposing God as an Ole Miss Rebel.

"If you go to State, I fear for your soul."

"And all God's people said Hotty Toddy".

He practically advertises God as Ole Miss branding. For Christians, God should be above branding.

Check out some youtubes of him in the locker room. He speaks in Old Testament lingo and gets charged up with mannerisms of a preacher delivering a firey sermon at a black church. I have no doubt he tries to steer personal religious emotions into football. Like winning a football game (against other Christians) is a mission from God. It works, but it is borderline blasphemous.

There was a newspaper article a while back where he baptized somebody whose parent was enamored by HUGH FREEZE doing that. It was a bigger deal that the Ole Miss football coach do that than a real minister.

He is a living abomination to Matthew 6:5, which says:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."

I'm not perfect, but I don't have a willfull and consistently ongoing disregard for anything in the Bible either.

codeDawg
01-16-2015, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't even say "God showed me grace.'. I would just say, "we are excited to have Chad on the team. We understand that there are some concerns, and we plan to handle those in house."

The point is when you live a Christian life, you can show people by your actions, not by your words.

I don't have a problem with people talking about God and how God has worked in their lives publicly. We're called to witness in our actions and our words. I actually commend him for being public with his faith and using his platform. It's brave, even in MS, because it opens you to criticism like this. The part I take issue with is when someone uses their faith as a tool for personal gain and not simply as a matter of glorifying God.

It's a sin that I have participated in. Have you ever let someone know you are a Christian because you thought that would improve their perception of you and not because you wanted to witness or share? Have you ever served and taken the glory for what you did for someone and not what God is doing through you? I've done it all. I'm the blackest sheep in the flock, but I'm typically not quoted in the newspaper either.

codeDawg
01-16-2015, 11:19 AM
I have a big problem with Freeze juxtaposing God as an Ole Miss Rebel.

"If you go to State, I fear for your soul."

"And all God's people said Hotty Toddy".

He practically advertises God as Ole Miss branding. For Christians, God should be above branding.

Check out some youtubes of him in the locker room. He speaks in Old Testament lingo and gets charged up with mannerisms of a preacher delivering a firey sermon at a black church. I have no doubt he tries to steer personal religious emotions into football. Like winning a football game (against other Christians) is a mission from God. It works, but it is borderline blasphemous.

There was a newspaper article a while back where he baptized somebody whose parent was enamored by HUGH FREEZE doing that. It was a bigger deal that the Ole Miss football coach do that than a real minister.

He is a living abomination to Matthew 6:5, which says:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."

I'm not perfect, but I don't have a willfull and consistently ongoing disregard for anything in the Bible either.

All of that is a great point. It's taking the glory for yourself. That's a "look at me preaching" approach.

Aces High
01-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Aces,

Id love for a superior to ever call me into his office and fire me because "god told him to".

Id never work another day the rest of my life.

Coach34
01-16-2015, 11:37 AM
It just comes across like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeA5ae2hkEo

LC Dawg
01-16-2015, 03:22 PM
You have to admit that the way Freeze handles these situations is ingenious. He knows his flock well because he trained them.
Look at the Kelly situation. Ole Miss badly needs a qb and the only option they can come up with is Kelly who obviously comes with baggage. Freeze knows its a big risk to sign him so he makes a big deal of how he's going to do all he can to help the kid get his life in order. If Kelly does great Freeze is a hero to the Rebel flock because he won and he saved another soul. If Kelly wigs out and the Rebels go 4-8 most of the flock will give Freeze a pass because he tried to save another soul. If Kelly flames out you will probably also hear from the Rebels how a Scientologist wouldn't have tried to salvage Kelly's life like a Christian would.

TheDogFather
01-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Chad has not failed at football he has failed at life. Freezes second chance has nothing to do with Chads failure. It is inherently bogus.