PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Campbell not visiting...

Okrastar1
01-15-2015, 05:10 PM
This weekend per our good friends at the CL! Odd recruiting story here, just flat out odd...

msstate7
01-15-2015, 05:13 PM
GF cracking the whip* He gone...

CadaverDawg
01-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Just goes to show that nobody truly "knows" anything when it comes to 18 year olds. Just another reason not to pay recruiting sites. Oh well, as long as he goes to OU we won't have to deal with him unless we beat em in a bowl game.

maroonmania
01-15-2015, 05:27 PM
This weekend per our good friends at the CL! Odd recruiting story here, just flat out odd...

From what I had been hearing I was actually surprised that he was on Robbie's original visit list. I don't think he is going to take any other visits.

MadisonDawg
01-15-2015, 05:36 PM
GF cracking the whip. He gone...

What's the deal with his gf? Is she also going to OU?

msstate7
01-15-2015, 05:39 PM
What's the deal with his gf? Is she also going to OU?

Shoulda put an * in there bc I really have no idea what I'm talking about. I've HEARD that gabe's gf is running his recruitment.

EAVdog
01-15-2015, 05:44 PM
247 Had noted early in the process that he grew up a huge Oklahoma fan.

engie
01-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Interesting that Moton comes back into the picture just as Campbell is leaving...

I wanted Campbell. Thought he had huge upside. And it sucks to lose MS kids that we want.

maroonmania
01-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Interesting that Moton comes back into the picture just as Campbell is leaving...

I wanted Campbell. Thought he had huge upside. And it sucks to lose MS kids that we want.

ESPECIALLY to programs on the way down. OK is still a good program but it sure ain't what it used to be.

Sacrifice
01-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Looks like Campbell has been Ok from day one and never wavered. Good luck to him...

AlSwearengen
01-15-2015, 07:19 PM
ESPECIALLY to programs on the way down. OK is still a good program but it sure ain't what it used to be.

Yeah. In their bowl game, Oklahoma looked seriously outclassed athletically. Haven't been able to say that in a long time.

EAVdog
01-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Moton might be on the outs at Bama ala Darius Philon. If he shows up it'll say a lot. May get one on the rebound.

msstate7
01-15-2015, 08:19 PM
Moton might be on the outs at Bama ala Darius Philon. If he shows up it'll say a lot. May get one on the rebound.
Hate losing Campbell, but it'd sure hurt less if we land moton

NCDawg
01-15-2015, 08:36 PM
247 Had noted early in the process that he grew up a huge Oklahoma fan.

Wonder if there are any Oklahoma kids that grew up to be MS State fans? Highly doubtful.

Dallas_Dawg
01-16-2015, 12:15 AM
How often do these MS kids that go out of state actually turn out to be as good as advertised? It seems that those types are more interested in the hype and the fame and get caught in the shuffle

thedawg
01-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Sometimes they do some times they don't... some have been successful. Jalen Collins and the first Dickerson TE at LSU, Kevin Norwood and Anthony Steen at Alabama, Shon Colemen at Auburn... there are others but all of them don't fall on their face. This isn't as big of a deal as it once was. 15 years ago the thought around the state was if you were big time you had to leave the state to play big time football.. That just isn't the case anymore and the guys that leave now do it out of preference not because the perception is State and Ole Miss are minor league. Campbell just wanted to do something different. I hate it but it is what it is.