PDA

View Full Version : SDS Way Too Early Top 25

Lloyd Christmas
01-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Another year, no respect (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/projected-2015-preseason-top-25-after-bowl-season/)

Dawg Corps
01-15-2015, 10:18 AM
When are we going to stop adding to the hits that SDS gets? It has been well documented that they have no respect for our program.

TrapGame
01-15-2015, 10:34 AM
SDS is just as ridiculous as the Onion.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2015, 10:36 AM
I have 2 questions about these polls:

1. Do you guys think these polls are just copying other polls or are they independent?

2. When did Arkansas pass us? I realize they are pretty good, but they are also losing the impact players on their defense.

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2015, 10:45 AM
So TSUN is a top 14 team next year breaking on key members on defense and an unproven QB while we have a heisman contending QB returning along with most of our offensive weapons and we are not even ranked. Makes perfect sense.

M.Fillmore
01-15-2015, 10:46 AM
How about a comparison for the last few years of where the Bears were pre-season and how they finished versus how MSU was pre-season and how we finish?

We could package it as, "Sign with the Bears and underachieve and never reach your potential or sign with MSU and overachieve and get developed to move to the NFL."

BeardoMSU
01-15-2015, 10:53 AM
What do you expect from that rag? Up until yesterday every article pretty much guaranteed Dak would jump to the NFL and we'd struggle to win 6 games. Now they say Dak is coming back, but he's only good for a 6-6/7-5/8-4 season. 17 them.

Saltydog
01-15-2015, 11:38 AM
NT

TUSK
01-15-2015, 11:40 AM
I have 2 questions about these polls:

1. Do you guys think these polls are just copying other polls or are they independent?

2. When did Arkansas pass us? I realize they are pretty good, but they are also losing the impact players on their defense.

I don't know where Arkie will end '15 ranked, but they do have a sweet schedule... Could be 8 wins on that schedule...

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-15-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't know why you guys keep complaining about these polls. We haven't even gotten to NSD yet. We lose a lot of starters, so it should be no surprise that we aren't ranked in these because at this point of the calendar year no one has done any real digging in order to come up with these "rankings".

Jack Lambert
01-15-2015, 01:56 PM
This right here says all I need to know about the homework they do.

Buzz: The million-dollar question before Jan. 15 is Dak Prescott’s impending decision to turn pro or remain in Starkville. If the dynamic dual-threat quarterback returns for another season, Mississippi State moves up to the middle of this list (but we expect him to declare). Losing his on-field ability and knowledge of Dan Mullen’s offense is one thing, but his level of leadership is another. Prescott’s the type of player who makes everyone around him better. Mississippi State’s top rusher, Josh Robinson, is also leaving early along with top defensive players Preston Smith and Benardrick McKinney. The new-look Bulldogs will struggle early next season, but should have enough talent returning, notably De’Runnya Wilson on the outside, to reach a bowl game.

MadDawg
01-15-2015, 02:29 PM
consensus on SDS is we will win 5-6 games.

Sacrifice
01-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Hell BR had a top 25 yesterday. OM was ranked 11th and we're not even ranked..As a matter of fact, they had every SEC west team ranked but us....I immediately deleted that POS app from my phone...

TUSK
01-15-2015, 02:52 PM
consensus on SDS is we will win 5-6 games.

Lemme get this straight... yall have @USM, NWN St., Troy, La Tech and Kentucky on the schedule and SDS has yall at 5.5 wins????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

defiantdog
01-15-2015, 03:11 PM
How is Auburn #3? They lost to a Wisconsin team who had no coach and came off a 59-0 blowout prior to their bowl game. FSU and Oregon will drop next year because their top players are leaving. USC at 12 is just dumb. And Boise State is preseason #16 on here. This has to be satire.

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Just goes to show you that everybody is going to rank the same teams preseason every year regardless of the circumstances. TSUN is still getting their ranking based on that recruiting class a few years ago that everybody seemingly still has a big chubby over. No offense, Tusk, but I bet next year Alabama could go 0-12 losing every game by 20+, Saban retire after a scandal involving a transvestite midget and a pony, and the entire starting line up leave the team - and the next season they would still be ranked preseason top 10. That's just the way it goes. Once a team has established themself as a perennial elite power they get the benefit of the doubt.

sandwolf
01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
....I immediately deleted that POS app from my phone...

Hahaha, this made me laugh.

defiantdog
01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Just goes to show you that everybody is going to rank the same teams preseason every year regardless of the circumstances. TSUN is still getting their ranking based on that recruiting class a few years ago that everybody seemingly still has a big chubby over. No offense, Tusk, but I bet next year Alabama could go 0-12 losing every game by 20+, Saban retire after a scandal involving a transvestite midget and a pony, and the entire starting line up leave the team - and the next season they would still be ranked preseason top 10. That's just the way it goes. Once a team has established themself as a perennial elite power they get the benefit of the doubt.

This could have been true if Mike Price didn't screw it up.

TUSK
01-15-2015, 06:26 PM

I bit hyperbolic.... but you're right...

I will say this, Alabama is historically "under-ranked" in the pre-season more often than not (relative to where they end the season).