PDA

View Full Version : Reading Robby Faulk's list of expected visitors for this weekend...

Statefan
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Bolt/List-of-expected-visitors-at-Mississippi-State-this-weekend-34755775

So Lewis is coming? That's awesome news, I thought he was gonna be in College Station or something

And does anyone have any info on the Wake transfer?

HoopsDawg
01-14-2015, 08:08 PM
http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Bolt/List-of-expected-visitors-at-Mississippi-State-this-weekend-34755775

So Lewis is coming? That's awesome news, I thought he was gonna be in College Station or something

And does anyone have any info on the Wake transfer?

The Wake transfer started from Day 1 at center as a true freshman and earned freshman all-american honors. He has started every game in his 2 years at Wake except on senior day his freshman year. He is a big time player who is tired of losing games at Wake. He will either pick MSU, South Carolina, A&M, or Penn State so it's going to be a battle. He's about 6'4, 300 and his video is pretty damn good. He probably would have to redshirt while he sits out for a year unless he gets a waiver due to his sick grandmother.

CadaverDawg
01-14-2015, 08:25 PM
The Wake transfer started from Day 1 at center as a true freshman and earned freshman all-american honors. He has started every game in his 2 years at Wake except on senior day his freshman year. He is a big time player who is tired of losing games at Wake. He will either pick MSU, South Carolina, A&M, or Penn State so it's going to be a battle. He's about 6'4, 300 and his video is pretty damn good. He probably would have to redshirt while he sits out for a year unless he gets a waiver due to his sick grandmother.

He will be a Junior correct?

engie
01-14-2015, 08:42 PM
He will be a Junior correct?

Correct... Most likely after a rs(sit out) year this season...

I'd love to have him, but this doesn't seem to be our specialty. It would be great to pull an Ole Miss and get him in immediately with a waiver to compete day 1 for the starting spot though...

Dawg496
01-14-2015, 08:49 PM
That transfer would be huge for us on the interior.

blacklistedbully
01-14-2015, 08:58 PM

Isn't it fun to look at that list of teams and legitimately say we may well be the best team on that short list?

engie
01-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Things will be interesting if Leo shows up...

nsvltndog
01-14-2015, 09:02 PM
I don't know his situation around qualifying for a waiver, but if he has a chance to get one, he isn't going to get to snap the ball to an All American QB at any of those other schools in 2015. That should make for some very serious film and NFL scout exposure for him.

Big4Dawg
01-14-2015, 09:06 PM
He's originally from Alpharetta, GA, which is only 4 hours from Starkville.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/deacons-offensive-lineman-helms-to-transfer/article_ec46ad40-981f-11e4-adf0-43d01d8dd17a.html

“I’d like to go somewhere closer to home, because I live with my grandmother,” Helms said. “But I know there’s still also a chance I might not be able to find a place closer to home.

We are def closer than A&M and Penn State. South Carolina is 3 hours away.

HoopsDawg
01-14-2015, 09:10 PM
I'd love to have him, but this doesn't seem to be our specialty. It would be great to pull an Ole Miss and get him in immediately with a waiver to compete day 1 for the starting spot though...

That would be huge to have him as our starting center. He and Rankin would be upgrades talent wise at C and LT. Then you could kick Clayborn out to RG so all of the sudden you have a big time O-line.

engie
01-14-2015, 09:14 PM
OM background and picture gone off Leo's twitter. Probably shouldn't read too much into it, but still interesting...

engie
01-14-2015, 09:55 PM
Add TD Moton to the list of OVs this weekend, per twitter...

HoopsDawg
01-14-2015, 09:56 PM

Really? Wow, that would be huge.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2015, 09:58 PM

Potentially another OJ Smith situation?

msstate7
01-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Does Cunningham have an offer?

HoopsDawg
01-14-2015, 10:02 PM

Let's hope it's a Darius Philon situation where Bama offers him a grayshirt and 3 years later Moton is leaving us early for the NFL.

engie
01-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Seems that way...

We aren't the same program that recruited OJ a year ago though...

Coach34
01-14-2015, 10:07 PM

Completely. Moton loves us- BUT- you know the drill

CadaverDawg
01-14-2015, 10:08 PM

Very very interesting. Last time he came to MSU, he committed.

maroonmania
01-14-2015, 10:12 PM

Remind me, what was the OJ Smith situation?

Coach34
01-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Remind me, what was the OJ Smith situation?

OJ loved Bama and Saban- but didnt have a firm offer. Also loved Hevesy and us. Saban was trying to get him to greyshirt- but we stepped in and forced his hand. Saban had to give him a scholly at the end and we lost him on signing day.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Banks just tweeted Leo

Johnthan Banks ‏@JBanks_27 11m11 minutes ago
We want Leo!! @TheLeoLewis_40 #HailState ������

I'm curious if Banks has inside info from the coaches or if he is like us as a fan, and hopes we have a shot?

CadaverDawg
01-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Banks just tweeted Leo

I'm curious if Banks has inside info from the coaches or if he is like us as a fan, and hopes we have a shot?

Saw that. Gotta love Banks, that guy is all maroon. A real ambassador for our program

Barking 13
01-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Saw that. Gotta love Banks, that guy is all maroon. A real ambassador for our program

dance with the one that brung ya......

BankerDog
01-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Also helps that there a rumors going around that Bo Davis is also leaving Bama.

Rayburn8
01-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Him and fletcher cox both are great ambassadors for the program. Remmeber when cox hung state jerseys in his teammates locker room the week we play BAMA? Great to have those guys around the program.

sbcmortgageman
01-15-2015, 05:50 AM
Banks just tweeted Leo

Trust me when I tell you that we have "shot". It'll be great.

msu4ever
01-15-2015, 08:42 AM

And a great young man, husband, and father

msstate7
01-15-2015, 08:44 AM
You guys expecting any commits this weekend?

notoriousdog
01-15-2015, 09:32 AM
Good looking list! Anyone know which commits are considered grade casualties besides Champion and McLaurin? By my calculations, we are slightly over our 85 limit with the guys we have returning and all of our current commits. I did not include Champion and McLaurin in these numbers.

I know these things generally work themselves out via transfers and grade casualties. But it looks like if we got commits from guys like Lewis, Campbell, Moton, etc. then we would need a total of 4 or 5 commits to greyshirt/current players transfer.

HancockCountyDog
01-15-2015, 09:39 AM
You guys expecting any commits this weekend?

I think there is a only a few players coming in that aren't committed, except for Leo and Campbell. Both of whom's recruitment has been odd.

I still say if we push hard, we get both. Maybe Im delusional, I just think we get them both;

Okrastar1
01-15-2015, 09:39 AM
I just think it's a huge boost to get Moten back in for a visit, really shows that we are starting to challenge and make a name for ourselves seems to be happening more and more every year with these Bama and Louisiana kids.

On a seperate note I t's truly awesome to have such great spokesmen for MSU. You look at Cox,Banks, Lawrence and Dixon these guys love them some maroon and white and will let everyone know it!

notoriousdog
01-15-2015, 09:46 AM

Maybe this has a little to do with Manny being back in Starkville? Although they didn't stand a chance, I'm sure LA Tech was after him since it's only an hour to Shreveport from Ruston.

engie
01-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Maybe this has a little to do with Manny being back in Starkville? Although they didn't stand a chance, I'm sure LA Tech was after him since it's only an hour to Shreveport from Ruston.

Could be...

Could also be a Cory Thomas situation...

engie
01-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Good looking list! Anyone know which commits are considered grade casualties besides Champion and McLaurin? By my calculations, we are slightly over our 85 limit with the guys we have returning and all of our current commits. I did not include Champion and McLaurin in these numbers.

I know these things generally work themselves out via transfers and grade casualties. But it looks like if we got commits from guys like Lewis, Campbell, Moton, etc. then we would need a total of 4 or 5 commits to greyshirt/current players transfer.

McLaurin? I think you are talking about Cam Myers who already enrolled in JUCO along with Champion.

We're going to be at 88-91 through the summer -- and that's a good thing.

maroonmania
01-15-2015, 10:00 AM

Is Cam Myers basically going the same route that Champion is?

Really Clark?
01-15-2015, 10:01 AM

Champion is already in JUCO. Same with Myers. McLaurin is close. I think it's mainly getting his ACT up.

maroonmania
01-15-2015, 10:01 AM
McLaurin? I think you are talking about Cam Myers who already enrolled in JUCO along with Champion.

I guess you just answered my question.

notoriousdog
01-15-2015, 10:02 AM

You're right! I meant Myers.

CadaverDawg
01-15-2015, 10:16 AM

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. I was a little worried, bc I think McLaurin will be a Good one, and I'd like for him to get on campus ASAP

engie
01-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. I was a little worried, bc I think McLaurin will be a Good one, and I'd like for him to get on campus ASAP

Yep. McLaurin is a prime candidate for one of the positions I'm most worried about(WLB -- the Wells role). He may not play there this year, but the sooner he can start learning the better.

bulldawg28
01-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Yep. McLaurin is a prime candidate for one of the positions I'm most worried about(WLB -- the Wells role). He may not play there this year, but the sooner he can start learning the better.

The Wells role left with the former DC. McLaurin is an all SEC potential safety.

whosyourdawgy
01-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Jamal Peters is gonna get plenty of playing time next season no doubt. But I'm with those in the McLaurin camp. I just think he is gonna be a stud for us back there as well. And most here don't mention or have forgotten that Brandon Bryant has been waiting for a year now for his chance. He's gonna be a good one for us too. We won't have much experience back there but with those 3, the athleticism has upgraded 10 fold over the safeties we had this season.

I'm not worried about the Dline, the lb's, the cb's, or the safeties. I'm not worried about the qb, the rb's, or the wr's. My main area of concern is the offensive line, the tight end, and the freaking field goal kicker next season. Rankin helped ease a little concern on the oline. If we can land the transfer visiting this weekend and he can play next season somehow then I will be content there. Walley showed flashes at tight end but who else is there? And Sobes leaving for dental school makes that a big area of concern AGAIN.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Champion is already in JUCO. Same with Myers. McLaurin is close. I think it's mainly getting his ACT up.

McLaurin has a 22 on his ACT he's good to go.

engie
01-15-2015, 10:53 AM
The Wells role left with the former DC. McLaurin is an all SEC potential safety.

Diaz asks all 3 linebackers to be in coverage at times, quite often in shifts that put them "out of position" in order to bring blitzes. The Wells role is still alive and kicking. Or more precisely -- the exploited lack of coverage shown by Zach Jackson in that spot.

LibraryDawg
01-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Jamal Peters is gonna get plenty of playing time next season no doubt. But I'm with those in the McLaurin camp. I just think he is gonna be a stud for us back there as well. And most here don't mention or have forgotten that Brandon Bryant has been waiting for a year now for his chance. He's gonna be a good one for us too. We won't have much experience back there but with those 3, the athleticism has upgraded 10 fold over the safeties we had this season.

I'm not worried about the Dline, the lb's, the cb's, or the safeties. I'm not worried about the qb, the rb's, or the wr's. My main area of concern is the offensive line, the tight end, and the freaking field goal kicker next season. Rankin helped ease a little concern on the oline. If we can land the transfer visiting this weekend and he can play next season somehow then I will be content there. Walley showed flashes at tight end but who else is there? And Sobes leaving for dental school makes that a big area of concern AGAIN.

Shelby Christy tweeted yesterday that he was moving to TE.

Really Clark?
01-15-2015, 10:56 AM
McLaurin has a 22 on his ACT he's good to go.

He must of just got that on his last test then. That's a good jump from what he had.

Ifyouonlyknew
Diaz asks all 3 linebackers to be in coverage at times, quite often in shifts that put them "out of position" in order to bring blitzes. The Wells role is still alive and kicking. Or more precisely -- the exploited lack of coverage shown by Zach Jackson in that spot.

Zach Jackson covering a WR wasn't the primary issue. Zach Jackson covering a WR with no safety help was the problem. Just like asking Deontay Evans to ever be 15yd from the line of scrimmage. You have to know your personnel. Evans is a strictly in the box safety. The only LB who can cover a WR with no help over the top is Wells. That's on coaching to adjust your scheme to fit what players are on the field.

Ifyouonlyknew
He must of just got that on his last test then. That's a good jump from what he had.

Yea on his last try.

CadaverDawg
01-15-2015, 10:57 AM

Yea, kicker is a concern as always, but I'm not too worried about TE. Walley proved serviceable, and we also have guys like Dixon, Hammond, Hutcherson, and maybe even Shelby Christy as an option. And don't sleep on an incoming freshman like Dontae Jones. He is super talented and already a big guy.....with as much as we rely on the TE, Mullen might be willing to get him early playing time if nobody else is emerging as "the guy". I fully expect the majority of early PT to go to Walley and Hutch though.

CadaverDawg
01-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Shelby Christy tweeted yesterday that he was moving to TE.

Ha, I just posted that he was an option and I didn't even know he had been moved. He looked pretty good in the Spring before his injury, so he will probably be a huge help to our TE spot. He has good hands, he's big, and while he may have lost a step with the injury he is still fast.

engie
01-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Zach Jackson covering a WR wasn't the primary issue. Zach Jackson covering a WR with no safety help was the problem. Just like asking Deontay Evans to ever be 15yd from the line of scrimmage. You have to know your personnel. Evans is a strictly in the box safety. The only LB who can cover a WR with no help over the top is Wells. That's on coaching to adjust your scheme to fit what players are on the field.

I agree that you've got to know your personnel -- and lack of safety help made it look worse. But the fact is, our LBs are going to be asked to cover some under Diaz, and it's not overly rare to end up on an island with his various blitzes...

That's why I like overgrown safeties in that spot, something we've clearly tried to continue doing with McLaurin, Gray, McNair, etc...

engie
01-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Ha, I just posted that he was an option and I didn't even know he had been moved. He looked pretty good in the Spring before his injury, so he will probably be a huge help to our TE spot. He has good hands, he's big, and while he may have lost a step with the injury he is still fast.

I'd be alot less worried about TE if Samuel was still here...

That was some of the first "bad" attrition we've had in the form of a guy that was clearly in line to be a contributor for us and seemed to be clicking with Dak pretty well at the end of 2013...

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2015, 11:04 AM
I agree that you've got to know your personnel -- and lack of safety help made it look worse. But the fact is, our LBs are going to be asked to cover some under Diaz, and it's not overly rare to end up on an island with his various blitzes...

That's why I like overgrown safeties in that spot, something we've clearly tried to continue doing with McLaurin, Gray, McNair, etc...

Oh I agree. The main difference like you posted in the other thread is the deep safety that Diaz has & Collins normally didn't. Guys like Bryant & Peters & Coman to a certain extent who have the speed athleticism & tackling ability to make sure that 20yd gain doesn't go 80.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2015, 11:06 AM

That was some of the first "bad" attrition we've had in the form of a guy that was clearly in line to be a contributor for us and seemed to be clicking with Dak pretty well at the end of 2013...

If he stays at the weight he currently is I believe Dontea Jones can have an impact at TE. If he shows a willingness to block he has the opportunity to come in & get some p/t. Hands, speed, & route running are advanced for a kid his age.

LibraryDawg
01-15-2015, 11:15 AM

We need a guy or two to step up and distance themselves, Mullen's offense seems to click better when he has a serviceable TE. ie.. Marcus Green and a healthy Malcolm Johnson

Rayburn8
01-15-2015, 11:16 AM
If he stays at the weight he currently is I believe Dontea Jones can have an impact at TE. If he shows a willingness to block he has the opportunity to come in & get some p/t. Hands, speed, & route running are advanced for a kid his age.

Donae Jones' only concern is health. Think he had a bad shoulder Injury this year that ended his senior season. That is my only concern with him though. He is an absolute stud otherwise.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Donae Jones' only concern is health. Think he had a bad shoulder Injury this year that ended his senior season. That is my only concern with him though. He is an absolute stud otherwise.

Yes he sprained his MCL 1st but came back from that & then dislocated his shoulder. He's fine now.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Yea, kicker is a concern as always, but I'm not too worried about TE. Walley proved serviceable, and we also have guys like Dixon, Hammond, Hutcherson, and maybe even Shelby Christy as an option. And don't sleep on an incoming freshman like Dontae Jones. He is super talented and already a big guy.....with as much as we rely on the TE, Mullen might be willing to get him early playing time if nobody else is emerging as "the guy". I fully expect the majority of early PT to go to Walley and Hutch though.

You may not be worried about TE, but our coaches clearly are. That's why they did everything possible to try and bring Julian Allen in.

Gus is probably our best hope at TE, but he has to find a way to add 10 or 15 pounds and get a lot stronger so he can be an effective blocker. We have a bunch of guys who are pretty tall and can catch, but need a legit blocker to lead the way in the run game.

engie
01-15-2015, 12:11 PM
You may not be worried about TE, but our coaches clearly are. That's why they did everything possible to try and bring Julian Allen in.
Other than offering him -- you mean?

Gus is probably our best hope at TE, but he has to find a way to add 10 or 15 pounds and get a lot stronger so he can be an effective blocker. We have a bunch of guys who are pretty tall and can catch, but need a legit blocker to lead the way in the run game.
I agree that we need a better blocking TE.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Other than offering him -- you mean?

I mean going out to PA to evaluate him. Bringing him and his dad in for an official visit. Working with his juco to determine if there was any way we could get his credits in line to bring him in. Clearly they felt we need to add a juco TE to our team but unfortunately the SEC is tougher on this than USM.

HancockCountyDog
01-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Looks like we are bringing in a Courtney Miggins from PRCC in for a visit, not sure if we are offering, going to call an old buddy of mine that is at PRCC and see what he says about him.

I can't tell anything about him on any site other than he signed with ULL two years ago.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Looks like we are bringing in a Courtney Miggins from PRCC in for a visit, not sure if we are offering, going to call an old buddy of mine that is at PRCC and see what he says about him.

I can't tell anything about him on any site other than he signed with ULL two years ago.

He was a basketball player that switched to football his senior year of high school.

maroonmania
01-15-2015, 12:33 PM

I agree that Artimas Samuel was the best looking TE prospect I've seen on our roster the last couple of years. Too bad he couldn't keep up on the academic side. I guess Ravian Pierce is a total no go?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2015, 12:34 PM

We've offered & want him to commit this weekend. We wanted to keep it quiet but somebody decided to let it out the bag last night so now everybody is going ahead with it. Hopefully he shuts it down this weekend.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2015, 12:35 PM
I agree that Artimas Samuel was the best looking TE prospect I've seen on our roster the last couple of years. Too bad he couldn't keep up on the academic side. I guess Ravian Pierce is a total no go?

Yes, he's headed to Juco. We are trying to flip a VT TE commit, but even if we do, I doubt he can help as a true freshman.

engie
01-15-2015, 12:37 PM

If we're bringing him in, I bet we offer...

ETA: Miggins doesn't have much in the way of information. His highlight video looks pretty good to me. Seems to have a tremendous motor to say the least...

Really Clark?
01-15-2015, 12:38 PM
We've offered & want him to commit this weekend. We wanted to keep it quiet but somebody decided to let it out the bag last night so now everybody is going ahead with it. Hopefully he shuts it down this weekend.

Yeah I thought it wasn't suppose to come out till later. I like his motor. How hard are other schools coming after him? I know he was mentioned at KY.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Courtney Miggins highlights at PRCC

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3137269/highlights/211145375

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Yeah I thought it wasn't suppose to come out till later. I like his motor. How hard are other schools coming after him? I know he was mentioned at KY.

Kentucky & NC St are both on him pretty good but we've been on him the hardest. Mullen has personally been recruiting him along with Turner so they like him a lot. Again we hope he comes in this weekend & decides to shut it down. That is what we're hoping.

RBritt
01-15-2015, 12:42 PM
I'me going to hear it from the horse's mouth (Leo) this afternoon if he's visiting us or the Aggies this weekend. Will let yall know.

Really Clark?
01-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Kentucky & NC St are both on him pretty good but we've been on him the hardest. Mullen has personally been recruiting him along with Turner so they like him a lot. Again we hope he comes in this weekend & decides to shut it down. That is what we're hoping.

Good deal. I've really liked him and hope that we get that visit. Really think he could help a lot in our two deep next year. Get some technique with his ability and we may have something.

maroonmania
01-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Courtney Miggins highlights at PRCC

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3137269/highlights/211145375

What kind of stats does he have? Kind of hard to get real excited about a MS JUCO TE unless he's highly rated after seeing how little we got out of Hutcherson this year.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2015, 12:46 PM
What kind of stats does he have? Kind of hard to get real excited about a MS JUCO TE unless he's highly rated after seeing how little we got out of Hutcherson this year.

He's a DL.

engie

He's a DT. Not a TE. We're not chasing anymore JUCO TEs...

Really Clark?

He is a DT/DE

YazooDawg23
01-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Did Steve Robertson blow his load again on one of our recruits?

maroonmania
01-15-2015, 12:59 PM
He's a DT. Not a TE. We're not chasing anymore JUCO TEs...

OK, thanks, I've never heard of Miggins until today.

HancockCountyDog
01-15-2015, 12:59 PM

I don't see the big deal on this one, he may visit UK and NCSU. I don't see that any of those sites had him as visiting their schools. Looks like a solid player on the videos.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2015, 01:00 PM

This guy is planning to visit UK and NCstate so it was going to get out. Hell, he's visiting MSU tomorrow so it would have gotten out tomorrow. I think the guys on 247 just found out about it so they are trying to act like they kept it quiet.

Tbonewannabe
01-15-2015, 01:22 PM
He's originally from Alpharetta, GA, which is only 4 hours from Starkville.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/football/deacons-offensive-lineman-helms-to-transfer/article_ec46ad40-981f-11e4-adf0-43d01d8dd17a.html

?I?d like to go somewhere closer to home, because I live with my grandmother,? Helms said. ?But I know there?s still also a chance I might not be able to find a place closer to home.

We are def closer than A&M and Penn State. South Carolina is 3 hours away.

I live in Alpharetta, just tell me where to drop off the check. Just kidding Bracky, I like my money too much to give it away.

SouthMsDawg
01-15-2015, 03:36 PM

Like an 18 year old kid getting his first lap dance at a titty bar

RBritt
01-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Looking like a college station visit as of this afternoon but he'll sign with the good guys in the end.

HancockCountyDog
01-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Looking like a college station visit as of this afternoon but he'll sign with the good guys in the end.

Well, the visit is tomorrow - maybe he comes to see us on the 23rd or 30th? I still think he is talking big about visiting, but will be in Starkville tomorrow. Thanks for the scoop though.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2015, 06:36 PM

I can't see him signing with State if he doesn't visit this weekend with Farrod Green and others.

RBritt
01-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Green can come up again and stay with Gray, Johnson, or Calvin. He's friends with all the former co lin guys. I'd love for him to visit this weekend but we'll see.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Green can come up again and stay with Gray, Johnson, or Calvin. He's friends with all the former co lin guys. I'd love for him to visit this weekend but we'll see.

Rosebowl said tonight that MSU had a great visit with Leo today, and that the MSU commits that communicate with Leo are all being very positive. He also said he expects him to visit this weekend. FWIW

I seen it dawg
01-16-2015, 07:01 AM
Rosebowl said tonight that MSU had a great visit with Leo today, and that the MSU commits that communicate with Leo are all being very positive. He also said he expects him to visit this weekend. FWIW

Leo to AM

msstate7
01-16-2015, 08:23 AM
If we're having this much trouble getting Leo to even commit to a visit, doesn't it seem we're probably wasting our time?

maroonmania
01-16-2015, 01:19 PM
If we're having this much trouble getting Leo to even commit to a visit, doesn't it seem we're probably wasting our time?

Didn't Leo come to more MSU games this Fall than anywhere else? If we don't get him it won't be because of a lack of visits to MSU although I realize official visits are a little different. That being said though, my hopes for getting Leo are pretty low just because we rarely get prospects that play out their recruitment this way even if they are committed to us, much less ones that are committed elsewhere.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 01:27 PM

How do you know we are having trouble getting Leo to visit?

At what point has anyone here offered credible evidence to this. Every recruiting guy today has said that Leo is expected at MSU tonight. Not sure why you think we are having trouble.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 01:32 PM
How do you know we are having trouble getting Leo to visit?

At what point has anyone here offered credible evidence to this. Every recruiting guy today has said that Leo is expected at MSU tonight. Not sure why you think we are having trouble.

Maybe bc there's still no official word he is visiting.

engie
01-16-2015, 01:36 PM

How can there be any more official word than all of our recruiting guys expecting him there prior to him actually being there?

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 01:38 PM

There is no official word that a prospect is visiting unless the prospect tweets it out, or he is seen on campus.

You never know what will happen in Leo's recruitment, but, as of now, all the recruiting guys EXPECT Leo to be at MSU tonight, and that there is no sign of trouble to get him to visit.

Now... Leo can't go take a crap right now without being harassed by fans, coaches, etc... So I doubt you will hear anything about him visiting MSU until he literally is seen on campus.

It's obvious that you don't know exactly how this stuff works, and that's OK.

Listen to C34, listen to Hack, listen to Cadaver, and listen to me if I a reference a recruiting guy.

As of right now, there are no issues with Leo, but don't assume something is wrong if you don't hear something in the next hour.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 01:43 PM
There is no official word that a prospect is visiting unless the prospect tweets it out, or he is seen on campus.

You never know what will happen in Leo's recruitment, but, as of now, all the recruiting guys EXPECT Leo to be at MSU tonight, and that there is no sign of trouble to get him to visit.

Now... Leo can't go take a crap right now without being harassed by fans, coaches, etc... So I doubt you will hear anything about him visiting MSU until he literally is seen on campus.

It's obvious that you don't know exactly how this stuff works, and that's OK.

Listen to C34, listen to Hack, listen to Cadaver, and listen to me if I a reference a recruiting guy.

As of right now, there are no issues with Leo, but don't assume something is wrong if you don't hear something in the next hour.

So as a "recruiting guy", what do you put our chances at signing him at?

msstate7
01-16-2015, 01:48 PM
I see 2 cb's saying moton flips to us. I would be really happy if this happens.

How many more commits can we take?

EAVdog
01-16-2015, 02:00 PM
Moton looks to be trending to us, Bama 247 guys say that he hasn't been a part of their class in a while. Just the fact that he is taking OV's tells them that it's been inferred to him to find a new home.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-16-2015, 02:09 PM
I expect 3 or 4 more commits. The deal with TD is it looked like he wasn't going to qualify so Bama backed off bc they can replace TD with equal or better talent. Well he had a really good semester better than they anticipated. Now with another good semester & another point or 2 on his ACT he can qualify. Hevesy never stopped recruiting him after he decommitted & it may end up paying huge dividends.

BulldogDX55
01-16-2015, 02:14 PM
I expect 3 or 4 more commits. The deal with TD is it looked like he wasn't going to qualify so Bama backed off bc they can replace TD with equal or better talent. Well he had a really good semester better than they anticipated. Now with another good semester & another point or 2 on his ACT he can qualify. Hevesy never stopped recruiting him after he decommitted & it may end up paying huge dividends.

I THOUGHT HEVESY COULDNT CROOT?!?

NCDawg
01-16-2015, 02:27 PM

It would appear more than likely. The last I heard was that he had committed to Ole Miss. I haven't seen anything that indicates he has rescinded his commitment.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 02:28 PM
I THOUGHT HEVESY COULDNT CROOT?!?

Apparently he can't quit recruiting

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 02:50 PM
So as a "recruiting guy", what do you put our chances at signing him at?

I'm not a recruiting guy. I just relay the message. However, since you asked.

Demetric Warren, Varsity Preps founder C Walker, Paul Walker, Robbie Faulk and others all have Leo crystal balled to MSU.

MSU leads Leo's crystal ball predictions at 77% whereas Ole Miss only had 8%

Leo also took all the Ole Miss stuff off his Twitter account the other day.

Conversely, Rosebowl thinks getting Leo will be tough since, at this point, he may "in too deep with Ole Miss".

I really want to believe that Demetric Warren & Paul Jones know something that others don't.

If Leo flips, it will likely be on signing day.

huffy
01-16-2015, 02:56 PM

Demetric Warren, Varsity Preps founder C Walker, Paul Walker, Robbie Faulk and others all have Leo crystal balled to MSU.

Conversely, Rosebowl thinks getting Leo will be tough since, at this point, he may "in too deep with Ole Miss".

I really want to believe that Demetric Warren & Paul Jones know something that others don't.

Robbie said the other day that once a prospect commits, CBs cannot be changed to the school that received the player's pledge. So even if they were in the know and found out Leo was serious about OM, they could not change their CBs to OM after he committed... just an FYI.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 02:57 PM

I hope he does, but I doubt it. It'd be nice to repay them for tee.

Looks like all those cb's to us were fall last year

maroonmania
01-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Does OM even have a LB coach hired yet? Just seems funny how recruits for OM can lose their position coach and yet still never waiver.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Does OM even have a LB coach hired yet? Just seems funny how recruits for OM can lose their position coach and yet still never waiver.

OM sells eternal life. Tough to top that*

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Word is that Leo is in Farrod Green's car and on his way to campus as we speak. Hopefully, we'll have confirmation of Leo being on campus within the next hour

msstate7
01-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Word is that Leo is in Farrod Green's car and on his way to campus as we speak. Hopefully, we'll have confirmation of Leo being on campus within the next hour

Awesome news.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Moton is on campus, and there is also recent word from a recruiting guy that Peters' visit will be rescheduled, due to his uncle passing away, and that there is a very good chance that MSU Peters' only visit

msstate7
01-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Moton is on campus, and there is also recent word from a recruiting guy that Peters' visit will be rescheduled, due to his uncle passing away, and that there is a very good chance that MSU Peters' only visit

More great news

maroonmania
01-16-2015, 05:56 PM

Can we get satellite footage of Farrod's car in route to Starkville? Inquiring minds want to know?

msstate7
01-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Can we get satellite footage of Farrod's car in route to Starkville? Inquiring minds want to know?

Someone stake out the local gas stations*

yjnkdawg
01-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Farrod and Leo have arrived, per 247.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-16-2015, 06:34 PM
All the guys who are visiting this weekend are here.

Leroy Jenkins
01-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Rosie says mom came with Lewis.

msstate7
01-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Rosie says mom came with Lewis.

That's got to be a good thing

CadaverDawg
01-16-2015, 07:32 PM
All the guys who are visiting this weekend are here.

Except Peters?

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Except Peters?

Peters' has been rescheduled till next weekend, due to a death in the family. It is also said that we may be Peters' only visit

Ifyouonlyknew
01-16-2015, 07:58 PM
The family death sealed it but we had been talking about moving Jamal visit to next weekend a few days ago. He has a bball game tonight so he wouldn't be in til late tonight. This also takes 2 weekends of a possible 3 weekends available to visit. There was no guarantee he was gonna visit any other school. So far just talk no dates had been set.

TheRef
01-16-2015, 08:07 PM
All those expected to visit this weekend have arrived according to Rosebowl on twitter