PDA

View Full Version : Looked much better last night

msstate7
01-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Scored 70 points on the road and got this combined stat line from ware and sword...

5 pts 2 reb's 0 assists 8 fouls

This is unacceptable from 2 upperclassmen.

I'm still very much in favor of replacing ray, but the team didn't embarrass me last night.

HailState39110
01-14-2015, 08:17 AM
Scored 70 points on the road and got this combined stat line from ware and sword...

I'm still very much in favor of replacing ray, but the team didn't embarrass me last night.

If we play like that offensively Saturday against Vanderbilt we can win the game. I hope we have a decent turnout not just for basketball, but it's also aBig football recruiting weekend

Saltydog
01-14-2015, 09:11 AM
he wasn't as explosive as he was his first two years. Ware however is an enigma to me. Two years ago I thought he was going to be one of the better big men we'd seen at MSU in a while but it's not working out that way. He's talented and has slimmed up but he doesn't work hard enough to get the ball IMO. He's got a nice touch but just can't seem to put it all together.

Liverpooldawg
01-14-2015, 09:16 AM
We lost to an indifferent SEC team. It was the 21st straight road loss and the 16th straight SEC loss. It was highly embarrassing. I bet there will be less than 2k for the game Saturday.

MadDawg
01-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Much closer than I expected.

Dawg61
01-14-2015, 09:41 AM
Great. We lost. Croom beat Bama and Auburn.

archdog
01-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Hard fought game last night. Not embarrassing in the least. That is the type of team that could win some games.

Irondawg
01-14-2015, 09:44 AM
It was better last night, but TAMU isn't that great and I'm sure was emotially down after the KY game. We still let them shoot 44 freakin free throws.

Ware is a huge enigma at this point and I don't know why. We got up and then early in the second half we went down and had about 6 straight trips that were either turnovers or a shot that was a good as a turnover. Next thing you know we are down 6. The team is just terrible offensively.

thunderclap
01-14-2015, 09:59 AM
So it's come to this.

quickstrike2
01-14-2015, 10:44 AM
The last 10-15 points came off of Texas A&M missing free throws and Ready making a late surge. It never felt like we had a chance to win, and I'm not sure we had a possession to take the lead after giving up the initial half time lead. A&M didn't look really good either, but it seemed like they were having a rough night. The team did look better I guess in that fact that we didn't get blown out, but there was one point where I believe we had 4 straight turnover in the second half, and we still can't take it to the basket and make a contested short layup in almost no circumstance.

msstate7
01-14-2015, 10:48 AM
The last 10-15 points came off of Texas A&M missing free throws and Ready making a late surge. It never felt like we had a chance to win, and I'm not sure we had a possession to take the lead after giving up the initial half time lead. A&M didn't look really good either, but it seemed like they were having a rough night. The team did look better I guess in that fact that we didn't get blown out, but there was one point where I believe we had 4 straight turnover in the second half, and we still can't take it to the basket and make a contested short layup in almost no circumstance.

This is what happens when your best player (sword) just can't seem to get healthy and our other best player (ware) took a vacation day. We're a decent team at best, but sword not being healthy puts us nowhere near our best.

HoopsDawg
01-14-2015, 11:05 AM
In our first 15 games we made a total of 55 3 pointers. We made 10 in the game last night. It was a freak night shooting the ball and we still lost the game.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2015, 11:17 AM
In our first 15 games we made a total of 55 3 pointers. We made 10 in the game last night. It was a freak night shooting the ball and we still lost the game.

Don't take this away from me. I didn't watch the game, Im just going to assume we are a competent SEC basketball team, about to go on a run.

Don't ruin this for me.

msstate7
01-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Don't take this away from me. I didn't watch the game, Im just going to assume we are a competent SEC basketball team, about to go on a run.

Don't ruin this for me.

I don't think anyone thinks we're about to go on a run.

My hopes for the rest of the year are to get ndoye and black plenty of mins and see if they can become decent post players. I'd also like to see Houston develop. I wanna get Dunlap healthy to see if he's the shooter we desparately need. In short, I just want to see our young guys get better so hopefully we'll be a decent team under a new coach next season.

Really hope we can keep weatherspoon and that tookie can be the pg we need. As long as I'm wishing here, hopefully a light came on for ready last night

Acid mouth
01-14-2015, 11:36 AM

Ready hammering 3's in the end and ATM's missing free throws made the final score respectable. We did play better but we have a long way to go. My biggest positive from last night was Daniels. He didn't hesitate to take several big shots and this team lacks that type of player. This team has the talent to win several SEC games but we continue to consistently underperform.

maroonmania
01-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Hooray, we played a game against an uninspired team without embarrassing ourselves. We still made some stupid personnel decisions at the start of the 2nd half that got us behind enough that we could never really catch up. I think we all know there is some potential with some of these players but if they can't pull it together to win a game it really doesn't mean much.

tcdog70
01-14-2015, 11:42 AM
he wasn't as explosive as he was his first two years. Ware however is an enigma to me. Two years ago I thought he was going to be one of the better big men we'd seen at MSU in a while but it's not working out that way. He's talented and has slimmed up but he doesn't work hard enough to get the ball IMO. He's got a nice touch but just can't seem to put it all together.

could it be that our PGs don't get the Ball to him when he works hard. The ability to feed the post is half the Battle. Our inability to shoot hurts the Big Man because defenses don't respect the outside shot. Just Saying.

drunkernhelldawg
01-14-2015, 01:32 PM
It's not hard to comprehend the negatives this season, but I wish to hell that we could give this team the gift of hope. With so many fans actually hoping we'll lose so that the Ray experiment can end more promptly, it hard to see what our players are getting out of all their hard work. Damnit they need a reward. Withholding support, even with the several wrong performances, is wrong in my view. The other thing is that Ray could actually continue to grow as a head coach. He better be doing that right now.

We played a damn good game on the road in the SEC last night. That's something.

maroonmania
01-14-2015, 01:43 PM
It's not hard to comprehend the negatives this season, but I wish to hell that we could give this team the gift of hope. With so many fans actually hoping we'll lose so that the Ray experiment can end more promptly, it hard to see what our players are getting out of all their hard work. Damnit they need a reward. Withholding support, even with the several wrong performances, is wrong in my view. The other thing is that Ray could actually continue to grow as a head coach. He better be doing that right now.

We played a damn good game on the road in the SEC last night. That's something.

I'm actually torn. If you've already made your decision that Ray is not the long term answer then it really does no good for this team to play "slightly" better and say win 4 or 5 SEC games. All that does is give SS a plausible reason to waste another year with Ray. On the flip side, I certainly never want to pull against an MSU team in ANYTHING.

CJDAWG85
01-14-2015, 01:56 PM
A&M missed 16 FT's and we hit 10 3's and we still lost... That should tell you where we stand against a mid to sub par SEC team.

Thrill1
01-14-2015, 02:19 PM
No we dont look better. Dissecting the box score will tell you that in addition to watching what I saw. We only had 10 assists on 21 made FGs, which is terrible. We were 11 for 35 on 2 point shots - 31%. Anyone see how many lay ups and point blank shots we missed? What obviously kept us in the game were the 10 made 3's and TAMU missing 16 FT's. Go back and watch the made 3's. Most were 1-on-1, stand around and jack it up after the offense stalled or Ready at the end. As IronDawg pointed out in the other thread, Ray's motion offense is simply not working.

Overall, our effort as far as hustling and rebounding was much better and could lead to perhaps 2-3 wins. Maybe. But we as a team, have no clue. And I was a Ray apologist that just knew he was going to meld a full roster together heading into the season. Not happening.

sleepy dawg
01-14-2015, 04:31 PM
No we dont look better. Dissecting the box score will tell you that in addition to watching what I saw. We only had 10 assists on 21 made FGs, which is terrible. We were 11 for 35 on 2 point shots - 31%. Anyone see how many lay ups and point blank shots we missed? What obviously kept us in the game were the 10 made 3's and TAMU missing 16 FT's. Go back and watch the made 3's. Most were 1-on-1, stand around and jack it up after the offense stalled or Ready at the end. As IronDawg pointed out in the other thread, Ray's motion offense is simply not working.

Overall, our effort as far as hustling and rebounding was much better and could lead to perhaps 2-3 wins. Maybe. But we as a team, have no clue. And I was a Ray apologist that just knew he was going to meld a full roster together heading into the season. Not happening.

I'm with you. We had more shots fall than normal and still lost to a bad A&M team. And yes, they are bad. Vandy is bad too, and we won't beat them either. When we play our best ball, we can beat a bad team, but make no mistake, we are far worse than bad.

msstate7
01-14-2015, 04:47 PM

Did we look good? No, I said we looked better. Here's 3 stats that support it...

1. 10-23 from 3's. What ncaa rank were we from 3 pt shooting?

2. Out rebounded aTm by 2

3. 10 assists 14 TO's. Sounds bad (it is), but its much better than normal.

Am I calling a turnaround? No.

Do I wanna keep ray? No.

All I'm saying is they played better. Still a LONG way to go

drunkernhelldawg
01-14-2015, 04:50 PM
Did we look good? No, I said we looked better. Here's 3 stats that support it...

Do I wanna keep ray? No.

The fact that someone could watch last night's game and say there was no improvement tells you all you need to know about our team's chance of support from some of our fans. Self-immolation in progress once more, fellow Bulldogs . . .

tcdog70
01-14-2015, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=msstate7;320442]Did we look good? No, I said we looked better. Here's 3 stats that support it...

Do I wanna keep ray? No.

All I'm saying is they played better. Still a LONG way to go[/QUOTI

I agree with this. I wonder why he doesn't . Try Chicken at the point. Put Ready at the 2, because I think He can shoot if he squares up. Run Ware to the power Forward and let Endo play the 5 and put garbage Man Roq at the 3. And play a zone.

tcdog70
01-14-2015, 04:59 PM
The fact that someone could watch last night's game and say there was no improvement tells you all you need to know about our team's chance of support from some of our fans. Self-immolation in progress once more, fellow Bulldogs . . .

We did play better. But if you make 10 3pointers and your opponent misses 16 free throws and you still lose then you aren't very good.

Dawg61
01-14-2015, 05:09 PM

Do I wanna keep ray? No.

What's the point of trying to find a speckle of light from this team? We all know what we are and we all know what we have to do. You trying to fight for Ray is bullshit at this point. Let it be. It's done.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-14-2015, 05:10 PM
A&M missed 16 FT's and we hit 10 3's and we still lost... That should tell you where we stand against a mid to sub par SEC team.

WOW! That's one hell of a stat.

drunkernhelldawg
01-14-2015, 05:13 PM
What's the point of trying to find a speckle of light from this team? We all know what we are and we all know what we have to do. You trying to fight for Ray is bullshit at this point. Let it be. It's done.

I don't give two shits about Ray, but I do care about the guys who are working their amateur asses off to represent MSU in a better way. We have 15 conference games to go. Playing well needs to be rewarded.

msstate7
01-14-2015, 05:17 PM

Bc whether we keep Ray or not, we're stuck with these players. Therefore I watch these games and hope to see improvement.

Dawg61
01-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Bc whether we keep Ray or not, we're stuck with these players. Therefore I watch these games and hope to see improvement.

Alright. Bench Sword. Play Ready, Daniels, Thomas, Roq and Ware. Have Ready handle it 80% of the time and shoot thirty times a game. He's the only player that can both shoot and distribute. He has to become super aggressive and honestly I don't think he's up to the task. He prefers to blend in too much. We're ****ed until we fix the guard positions and that's only happening with about four new players.

msstate7
01-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Alright. Bench Sword. Play Ready, Daniels, Thomas, Roq and Ware. Have Ready handle it 80% of the time and shoot thirty times a game. He's the only player that can both shoot and distribute. He has to become super aggressive and honestly I don't think he's up to the task. He prefers to blend in too much. We're ****ed until we fix the guard positions and that's only happening with about four new players.

Ready to see Dunlap get healthy, so we can see what we have with him.

Pg is an issue. I really hope tookie can continue to score at college level

RougeDawg
01-14-2015, 07:57 PM
This thread is similar to someone being happy with a solid turd, after a bout with diarrhea. It's still sh*t no matter how you view it.

BossDawg
01-14-2015, 08:23 PM
We should give Ray a raise then. Yay.