PDA

View Full Version : Man I'm freaking out......

Goat Holder
06-20-2013, 06:06 PM
.....no sense lying about it. I can't take it.

I will run around naked in my neighborhood if we win this thing.

I will walk up to Hugh Freeze and punch him in the face.

I will take a picture with the trophy, frame that mother f*cker and put it in my den.

I'm sacrificing a beaver tonight. King Jackie style.

sbcmortgageman
06-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Me likely.

Coach34
06-20-2013, 08:00 PM
lots of us in that mindset these days

maroonmania
06-20-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm trying to hold down my enthusiasm and expectations because we've essentially been in this situation TWICE in my lifetime (85 baseball and 96 basketball) and BOTH times we fell flat on our face just short of the championship game and I was left with that "what if" feeling that seemingly never goes away. In some ways I dread this tomorrow because it seems our chances for this kind of thing come along so seldom but yet we've never had a team be able to take it all the way when the opportunity has arisen. I hope this is the team that can do it but until I see it with my own eyes its hard for me to believe we can actually make it happen.

Goat Holder
06-20-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm completely with you but until we lose I'm going to enjoy this shit. It's the closest we've ever been to a national title, obviously equaling those 2 you mentioned. So THREE total times in my whole time here on Earth. I'm all in right now

Coach34
06-20-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm starting to get old- so while nervous- you can bet I'll appreciate tomorrow.

85? I was a teenager and while I loved State, I was more worried about the doubleheaders I was playing in the hot sun of summer ball.
96? I was in my mid-20's and got all pumped up-but figured there would be another chance soon.

Now 17 years later, I dont know that I'll live to see us have another chance at a title. I want this one

Ronny
06-20-2013, 08:33 PM
..realize MSU sports teams have a storied history of shitting the bed when Glory is only inches from their grasp.

Having said that, I think Oregon State is the best all-round team in this tournament.

If we get past them, (thank God we have 2 chances) the Scott Field indian spirits will have to stir some bigtime shit to in order to keep us from lifting that trophy.

Rick Danko
06-20-2013, 08:40 PM
While I am certainly not looking ahead (agree with Ronny OSU seems to have a very well rounded team), if we do get by them which I believe we will, really gotta say I'm pulling for nc state tonight. Without their ace I don't think they beat ucla in two and I dunno I just don't fear ucla like I would NC (fyi i think NC would beat ucla in two jmho). I know many here say they fell flat towards year end but you don't become number 1 and dominate like they did this year without having some definite talent. Just saying.