PDA

View Full Version : Cardel Jones

Dawg61
01-13-2015, 03:42 PM
call me crazy or a victim of the moment but if I'm Tampa Bay or Tennessee I am thinking very seriously about taking Jones before Winston and MM. Need to see if he declares obviously and how he does in workouts/interviews but there's something really special about him imo. Thoughts?

msstate7
01-13-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm not sold on MM. It seems he makes all of his plays outside of the pocket.

Winston's issues are off-the-field.

Jones is a poor, poor man's cam. Cam isn't setting the world on fire. I'll pass on jones

At this point, the only one I'd consider taking #1 overall is Winston. I'm not sure I'd do it though.

jumbo
01-13-2015, 03:57 PM
I'd take Winston then Jones then Mariotta. None of them in the first round though.

As a Titans fan I am hopeful we can trade the #2 pick. We have so many holes on defense.

Dawg61
01-13-2015, 03:58 PM
MM looks too fragile to me for the NFL beating

Covercorner2
01-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Jones is more Daunte Culpepper than he is Cam Newton. Not close to the same athlete as Newton, but he does have an absolute cannon. He needs ALOT of polish, but he has some definite tools to work with.

quickstrike2
01-13-2015, 04:09 PM
If it wasn't for Winston's off the field antics, he would be the no doubt 1st pick for me as a GM, but he has them. Winston has been in the pro style, stays in the pocket a lot and throws a good ball. MM is a bit of a wild card to me. He doesn't stay in the pocket, runs a super up tempo system, and last night showed he can't beat you with his arm. For me, MM is a system guy, if Chip Kelly could get him then I think it would work very well. Any other team and it is real hit or miss, might be Russell Wilson or might be RG3 and have major trouble reading defenses. Dilfer kind of tore him apart on film the other night, showing if he 1st receiver wasn't there, a lot of times he is pretty inaccurate on his secondary reads.

thf24
01-13-2015, 04:10 PM
As a Titans fan I am hopeful we can trade the #2 pick. We have so many holes on defense.

Agreed. Mett did ok as a rookie with a patchwork offensive line; I feel pretty confident about giving him another year to prove himself. We would benefit much more from trying to trade back for some more picks in the late 1st/2nd/3rd round and picking up a couple of linebackers better suited for the 3-4, a corner, and maybe a safety. I'd like to see us try to snag an upgrade at OG somewhere in there too. I think we're set at the skill positions outside of maybe another WR (not sure we return Washington next year).

DudyDawg
01-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Jones = Jamarcus Russell

HancockCountyDog
01-13-2015, 04:20 PM
I thought this was just a joke, are people really talking about him leaving early for the Draft? Seriously? The kid has 3 starts and is solid, but I mean, come on.

Personally, I would be ok with another QB coming out of this year's draft, because this year's QB class is terrible, and that isn't a good thing for us.