PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and the Mega-Cast

SapperDawg
01-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Pretty good article here on the different game-casts going on last night around the ESPN networks.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/01/13/espn-megacast-college-football-playoff-national-championship-film-room

I also like his discussion on potential enhanced game-casts for the future. I would be really interested in recording an watching some of the more technical casts he mentions, and really liked the coaches cast on ESPN2 last night.

What would you add from a multi-media standpoint for mega-cast options with college and NFL? Would this work for baseball the World Series?

archdog
01-13-2015, 11:32 AM
The coaches cast was pretty good. I watched it instead of the actual game. My only issue was that they should have switched the camera views to have the game as the largest screen. Also Vandy's coach was the dumbest guy in the room. Dan was probably the smartest considering he knew both offenses very well. There was very little discussion on the defensive side of the ball from what I heard, but who cares about defense really. Dan was the man.

Barking 13
01-13-2015, 05:09 PM
The coaches cast was pretty good. I watched it instead of the actual game. My only issue was that they should have switched the camera views to have the game as the largest screen. Also Vandy's coach was the dumbest guy in the room. Dan was probably the smartest considering he knew both offenses very well. There was very little discussion on the defensive side of the ball from what I heard, but who cares about defense really. Dan was the man.

THIS^^^^ x10 I loved hearing the coaches break it down instead of dipshits like Musburger, etc.

Smitty
01-13-2015, 05:14 PM
And Mason did not know when just to STFU. He's like the guy at a party that talks a ton of sports but you know that they're just repeating the conventional wisdom without the real knowledge.

EngineerDawg
01-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Yea. We beat him 51-0