PDA

View Full Version : Ad Redirects on iPad

TXDawg
01-13-2015, 10:34 AM
Is anyone else having this problem?

About 60% of the time when I visit this site on my iPad, I can access the main Elitedawgs forum with no problems. However, when I click on a thread to read it, the thread will load, but after about 3 - 5 seconds, I get redirected to a random ad. When it's happening, it makes the site unreadable.

I'm using the Mercury browser on an iPad Air running iOS 7's latest update. This is the only website that does this.

Any ideas?

SapperDawg
01-13-2015, 10:49 AM
I am having the same problem...started right before Christmas with a brand new iPad Air.

TXDawg
01-13-2015, 11:01 AM
That's about when mine started. Fortunately, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's a real PITA.

Maybe the mods can look at the ad codes and see what's going on.

CadaverDawg
01-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Yes it's annoying

rrog17
01-13-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm no tech guy, but use my iPad daily for work and play. Under your privacy setting in Limit Ad tracking on? Mine is on and I've never had that happen. Dont even know if it's related, but hope it helps.

TXDawg
01-13-2015, 11:52 PM
Yes, my "Limited Ad Tracking" is on.

It hasn't happened today, but yesterday was brutal.

Dawgface
01-14-2015, 08:07 AM
I have a Nook tablet. I don't get the ad redirects, but I get bounced out of the site all together. Started just a few weeks ago. Somedays not much at all, other days more so. May not be related but doesnt happen on other sites.

TXDawg
01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
I have a Nook tablet. I don't get the ad redirects, but I get bounced out of the site all together. Started just a few weeks ago. Somedays not much at all, other days more so. May not be related but doesnt happen on other sites.

When you say "bounced out of the site", are you taken somewhere else, or does your browser crash? Most of my redirects are to what look like phony news articles that are actually an ad for something. As soon as the redirect happens, a URL shows up in my navigation pane for something like ad.click.com\.........

Regardless of where it takes me, the beginning of the URL is always the same. I'll try to take note of it next time it happens and post it here.

Surely there's something the mods can do to fix this since it's affecting multiple users and makes the site unreadable...

Dawg61
01-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Sometimes when I hit the reply with quote button I get sent to Amazon. I just hit the back button and it fixes itself.

TXDawg
01-14-2015, 02:23 PM
When this situation rears its ugly head, hitting the back button from the redirect site takes you back to the main forum page (skips over the thread you're trying to read). Next click on a thread gives you the thread for 2-3 seconds then redirects again. Back button takes you back to main forum. Rinse....repeat... Most times I'll have to wait 3 - 4 hours before I can get back on and read a thread without redirects.

Dawg61
01-14-2015, 02:29 PM
When this situation rears its ugly head, hitting the back button from the redirect site takes you back to the main forum page (skips over the thread you're trying to read). Next click on a thread gives you the thread for 2-3 seconds then redirects again. Back button takes you back to main forum. Rinse....repeat... Most times I'll have to wait 3 - 4 hours before I can get back on and read a thread without redirects.

Woah yea that's ****ed up man. I'd try updating your iPad.

TXDawg
01-14-2015, 07:11 PM
It's not the iPad. This is the only site that does it. I can be locked out here and go to any other website and it works fine.

CadaverDawg
01-14-2015, 07:14 PM
Coach34, will you reach out to Slick about this issue for us?

FlabLoser
01-14-2015, 07:14 PM
I've seen it on an iphone. Load the site, and it redirects to the app store. Refresh several times, same thing. Eventually the site might load.

WinningIsRelentless
01-14-2015, 07:25 PM
I cleared the history and data under settings and the issue went away for me.

Dawgface
01-14-2015, 08:46 PM
When you say "bounced out of the site", are you taken somewhere else, or does your browser crash? Most of my redirects are to what look like phony news articles that are actually an ad for something. As soon as the redirect happens, a URL shows up in my navigation pane for something like ad.click.com\.........

Regardless of where it takes me, the beginning of the URL is always the same. I'll try to take note of it next time it happens and post it here.

Surely there's something the mods can do to fix this since it's affecting multiple users and makes the site unreadable...

Yes, it takes me off. Crash is another word I suppose. But when I click on browser again, it takes me right back to where I was before getting bounced out.