PDA

View Full Version : That's low class for Meyer to score right there

Bucky Dog
01-13-2015, 12:08 AM
I don't get it. Don't be a douche and take a knee to run the clock out!

msstate7
01-13-2015, 12:09 AM
Have you watched oregon this year? They run it up every chance they get. Glad they got their issue on the biggest stage

RougeDawg
01-13-2015, 12:10 AM
Exactly. What a complete D*CK move.

bluelightstar
01-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Have you watched oregon this year? They run it up every chance they get. Glad they got their issue on the biggest stage

Agreed, Oregon runs up the score frequently. I have no sympathy.

Rayburn8
01-13-2015, 12:15 AM
I don't get it. Don't be a douche and take a knee to run the clock out!

Mullen on espn2 said myer would of but Oregon had the timeouts to get the ball back.

Barking 13
01-13-2015, 12:16 AM
#statement****

ckDOG
01-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Nope. They had the timeouts to get ball back. Run a play and make them earn it back.

Political Hack
01-13-2015, 12:39 AM
the time outs plus the fact that your fans who paid thousands of dollars to be there are chanting for your RB to get another one... that alone is worth it.

ScottH
01-13-2015, 12:40 AM
I have always felt a knee on the goal line was more salt in the wound sometime than scoring.

The other team knows you could have scored and you get credit for good sportsmanship.

This does not apply to non goal line knees.

TUSK
01-13-2015, 01:20 AM
I think it was an "iffy" situation....

Personally, I would have taken a knee after the outcome was (theoretically) determined...

if Oregon then called a time out after said "knee", I would have punched it in with #15 and then gone for the 2 point conversion on the same play I scored the TD...

Original48
01-13-2015, 08:12 AM
Oregon time out = game still on. Urban Meyer didn't realize what had happened and was saying RUN THE CLOCK! Then you saw him mouth to the ref 'they took a time out??' Yeah you get your guy another TD in that situation.

Sienfield
01-13-2015, 08:16 AM
I think it was an "iffy" situation....

Personally, I would have taken a knee after the outcome was (theoretically) determined...

if Oregon then called a time out after said "knee", I would have punched it in with #15 and then gone for the 2 point conversion on the same play I scored the TD...

Exactly the right thing to do would be take a knee but if Oregon called a time out then punch it in. I had more of a problem with OS having their first team in with a few seconds left than them scoring though. If second team would have been in then maybe go for the TD.

chef dixon
01-13-2015, 08:18 AM
Oregon deserved every second of it. Gimmick team that runs its up and goes for 2 in the first quarter with intramural style plays. A complete joke.

I, for one, was very happy to see them get smashed.

Sienfield
01-13-2015, 08:20 AM
Mullen on espn2 said myer would of but Oregon had the timeouts to get the ball back.

Ohio State had already run several plays down inside the ten without Oregon calling any time outs. If an SEC team had kept the first team in and scored then every media person in the country would have been calling them out but all you heard here was that OS was "doting the i"

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2015, 08:48 AM
I don't understand why people care so much about team's adding a late TD. Just deal with it. It isn't about class, it's a about just playing football. This society where people get their feeling hurt all the time, is building more and more P*&&(E* everyday.

HailState39110
01-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Did you see oregon run it up on Florida State? I was glad to see Ohio state return the favor

CadaverDawg
01-13-2015, 09:05 AM
I don't understand why people care so much about team's adding a late TD. Just deal with it. It isn't about class, it's a about just playing football. This society where people get their feeling hurt all the time, is building more and more P*&&(E* everyday.

I agree.

Don't want the score run up? Then tell your defense to make a damn stop. If they can't, quit crying and take your medicine. This isn't intramurals, Brother! Too much "aww, bless their hearts, that doesn't seem fair or polite" in society these days.

Liverpooldawg
01-13-2015, 09:38 AM
It's not the offense's job to keep the score down. That's the job for the defense it's playing against. Don't want the score to get big? Make some stops. I've been on both sides of that little deal. The way to deal with it when you are on the bad end is to file it away and keep your mouth shut. The worm always turns.

SignalToNoise
01-13-2015, 09:51 AM

1000% agreement, shotgun

sandwolf
01-13-2015, 10:05 AM

Couldn't agree more.

sleepy dawg
01-13-2015, 11:19 AM
You're complaining about running up the score in the National Championship game when you're only up by 2 scores against the best offense in the country who has timeouts left? Ohio State did the right thing... Play to win the game.

CadaverDawg
01-13-2015, 11:27 AM
You're complaining about running up the score in the National Championship game when you're only up by 2 scores against the best offense in the country who has timeouts left? Ohio State did the right thing... Play to win the game.

Yep.

http://freshpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/hermedwards_youplaytowinthegame.gif

drunkernhelldawg
01-13-2015, 11:28 AM
I was damn glad to see it. The hell with the withdrawal method.

bulldawg28
01-13-2015, 05:03 PM
It's not like he threw the ball he handed it off to the Rb. That's as simple as it gets.