PDA

View Full Version : Per Bob Carskadon Twitter

CrazyEyeKilla
06-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Cohen said not sure yet about starter, but Graveman is probably going to be the guy.

Coach34
06-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Cohen said not sure yet about starter, but Graveman is probably going to be the guy.

now that makes sense

CrazyEyeKilla
06-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Yea I realized it was confusing after I posted. I take it to mean Cohen is leaning toward starting Graveman.

Coach34
06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
No, I just meant that makes a helluva lot more sense than pitching Pollo

CrazyEyeKilla
06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Agreed. Although we don't have a true ace, Graveman is our best and most consistent starter. Plus, this gives him the opportunity to pitch in the championship series if we make it.

Original48
06-20-2013, 03:55 PM
From the interview yesterday it sounded like Pollo had some arm issues he was getting past. Cohen mentioned Bracewell, Lindgren and even Evan Mitchell having great bullpen sessions but pollo didn't throw as much. Said he could see action this weekend tho. First I've heard of any issues with Pollo. Between that and Porters eye Cohen seems to be going the way of Mullen as far as reporting injuries.

SaltyDawg
06-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Throw your best out there, don't plan ahead.

Spider-Man
06-20-2013, 04:34 PM
I think Cohen is playing mind games with Casey. Casey is doing the same thing. I fully expect to see Moore tomorrow afternoon.

maroonmania
06-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Agreed. Although we don't have a true ace, Graveman is our best and most consistent starter. Plus, this gives him the opportunity to pitch in the championship series if we make it.

True, the advantage of not throwing Graveman tomorrow is that if you win he is set and ready to pitch Game 1 of the championship round, however, the down side is that if you lose and then you end up having to throw him Saturday, though on one more day of rest, you would likely lose his availability for much of ANY of the championship round.

Hump4Hoops
06-20-2013, 05:41 PM
I think Cohen is playing mind games with Casey. Casey is doing the same thing. I fully expect to see Moore tomorrow afternoon.

Been thinking the same thing all afternoon.