PDA

View Full Version : Best success rattling?

GlassFacedScum
01-12-2015, 09:03 PM
What do you guys have the best success with.. I have been using a bag this year but no success ... Years past have use a different bag with success type but also different location..

SapperDawg
01-12-2015, 09:31 PM
I have never had any success ratling. Tried it in North MS several times, but cant say I have ever seen deer as a result.

trob115
01-16-2015, 03:49 PM
I have had very limited success with rattling too. I have found that the deer that do come in are very suspicious and leery of what just took place. As far as having them come running in, haven't ever had that happen before. The key to rattling in the southeast is timing, imo. If you could catch it just right before the rut when bucks are trying to establish areas, I would imagine you could have success. As I said though, timing is key.

I have had several of the buck bomb 'doe n estrus' aerosol cans work for me. I have killed 2 bucks this year within minutes of setting those jokers off. Its not a guaranteed thing by any means, but if you can catch a mature buck close by in the area, I have found often times they come in to find the hot doe.

DownwardDawg
01-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Rattling has never worked for me.

tcdog70
01-23-2015, 10:56 AM
FOR RATTLING TO WORK YOU MUST HAVE A HIGH BUCK TO DOE RATIO.