PDA

View Full Version : The "story" on Story

Coach34
01-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Remember that bit of "reporting" from FootballScoop that Hevesy was headed to USC???? Wellllll, that was set up by ol Freezus in an attempt to keep Story from enrolling early. They were pushing hard on him and thought they were closing- but knew they were running out of time. So they got FootballScoop to put that out there in an attempt to put some doubt in Story's head to make him wait.

Give Hevesy and our staff some ****ing credit. They kept this guy quiet long enough to keep him from blowing up and got him enrolled early. They also fought off a big BearShark push at the end and some good ol Freezus shenannigans.

Nice work Hev

RougeDawg
01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Bucky makes up lies out of love. Did he fear for Story's soul as well?

civildawg
01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Jesus if this is true I don't understand how some of these coaches sleep at night. That is some sleazy stuff right there

archdog
01-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Hell I heard Freeze was looking to move himself.

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Given the source and the timing you had to know that story on Heavesy was a UM recruiting tactic. It's amazing how "our" fans always jump in with both feet to help.

messageboardsuperhero
01-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Given the source and the timing you had to know that story on Heavesy was a UM recruiting tactic. It's amazing how "our" fans always jump in with both feet to help.

For the record, the vast majority of State fans on the boards I read saw right through this.

Dallas_Dawg
01-12-2015, 07:21 PM
So does he seem like a Tobias Smith type talent, minus all the injuries?

Political Hack
01-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Jesus if this is true I don't understand how some of these coaches sleep at night. That is some sleazy stuff right there

yep. a lot of this crap is pretty disgusting.

CottonDog
01-12-2015, 07:39 PM
I dont understand why we wouldnt want the kid to "blow up" on the recruiting scene? If he was committed enough for our coaches to basically tell him "dont go public until you get here, we dont want anyone else to find out how good you are" and he said ok. Then shouldnt it stand to reason that he was solid enough in his commitment to get some publicity and not be drawn away? Heck it helps us and him. He gets to boast being a top prospect and we "win the press conference" ala OM. Can someone help me understand the train of thought for this?

msstate7
01-12-2015, 07:45 PM
I dont understand why we wouldnt want the kid to "blow up" on the recruiting scene? If he was committed enough for our coaches to basically tell him "dont go public until you get here, we dont want anyone else to find out how good you are" and he said ok. Then shouldnt it stand to reason that he was solid enough in his commitment to get some publicity and not be drawn away? Heck it helps us and him. He gets to boast being a top prospect and we "win the press conference" ala OM. Can someone help me understand the train of thought for this?

Just a guess...

We have to steadily recruit all of our commits that have other schools after them. Having a secret commit that no one really is after gives us more time to spend on the others

mic
01-12-2015, 07:47 PM
We let the "rabbit " out of the hat too early last year....

Todd4State
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM

Look at where Ripley is in relation to Oxford.

Coach34
01-12-2015, 08:10 PM

We didnt want other schools getting in his recruitment. Kids "blowing up" create alot of drama and headaches. He also could have been convinced to hold off and not enroll early. It's pretty easy to understand. Our staff is not interested in "winning the press conference"- they want to get the right kids on campus.

Political Hack
01-12-2015, 08:17 PM
to babysit or not to babysit, that is the question.

back to the point, it's a damn shame that a supposed reputable wanna-be credible publication would stoop to such levels to try to trick a kid by creating doubt. it's really, really crappy. Almost as bad as telling a kid you fear for their soul.

MSUDawg4Life
01-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Because bragging about recruiting and "winning the press conference" only matters to people with small minds. It does not help us win football games. It doesn't help the player get a degree, go on to the NFL ... or anything else that matters.

BeastMan
01-12-2015, 08:38 PM
I wish I could find the thread where the original Football Scoop story was discussed. Engie and myself talked about not trusting this report for certain reasons...

AlSwearengen
01-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Didn't olemiss people in the Morton school district try to prevent quay from graduating early in order to give olemiss more time to flip him?

Todd4State
01-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Didn't olemiss people in the Morton school district try to prevent quay from graduating early in order to give olemiss more time to flip him?

Yes. Recruits graduating early cuts out the legs from under the Ole Miss recruiting machine.

messageboardsuperhero
01-12-2015, 10:02 PM
I wish I could find the thread where the original Football Scoop story was discussed. Engie and myself talked about not trusting this report for certain reasons...

Here you are.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?27586-Hevesy&highlight=Hevesy

Political Hack
01-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Here you are.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?27586-Hevesy&highlight=Hevesy

so the scumbag that's "reporting" these BS stories is an OM graduate? Shocking.***

Coach34
01-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Victory Murse- ya'll wanted him and pursued his ass hard the last month. Hard. You got beat.

FootballScoop just happens to be run by a Mississippi Rebel grad- yeahhhhhh, nothing to see here huh? And nobody else anywhere has mentioned Hev to USC. Nobody.

Just coincidence huh???? Moron

preachermatt83
01-13-2015, 12:46 AM

not many OM folks in Morton area that care that much. Dr. Clark is the biggest influence in Morton and he bleeds maroon.

thf24
01-13-2015, 08:33 AM
How is this not a violation? You can't tell me running a false newspaper story to influence a recruit is less meddlesome than sending him a text during the dead period.

Not that it matters, of course, in the current era of compliance.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2015, 08:55 AM
How is this not a violation? You can't tell me running a false newspaper story to influence a recruit is less meddlesome than sending him a text during the dead period.

Not that it matters, of course, in the current era of compliance.

How would you ever prove it?

BeastMan
01-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Victory Murse- ya'll wanted him and pursued his ass hard the last month. Hard. You got beat.

FootballScoop just happens to be run by a Mississippi Rebel grad- yeahhhhhh, nothing to see here huh? And nobody else anywhere has mentioned Hev to USC. Nobody.

Just coincidence huh???? Moron

I'm gonna assume Red said OM didn't want him on Nafoom. Let's say that's 100% true. I still don't think its out of the realm of possibility for something calculated to be done just to hurt MSU's plan.

That said, OM was trying to keep him warm from what I heard. I would assume they would have preferred to have him available late should anything unforeseen happen.

Coach34
01-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Of course Victory Murse said that. But they 100% were after the kid. That's a fact

Saltydog
01-13-2015, 09:13 AM
enough stars.......He would've lowered their rankings and they won't settle for that.........

Liverpooldawg
01-13-2015, 09:28 AM
For the record, the vast majority of State fans on the boards I read saw right through this.

Yes, that's why our was put in " ". I'm sure you also noticed the ones pretending to panic and talking it up too.