PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Eddie O thread

Tough Dawg
01-12-2015, 03:56 PM
So is this guy going to miss the boat this year on the college coach hiring season? Did he negotiate himself out of all the decent opportunities to return?

Maybe he isn't as highly thought of as his self-created price tag?

Just surprised he hasn't been hired yet and that his name isn't mentioned anymore for any openings.

thf24
01-12-2015, 04:00 PM
I think a big part of it is that the main thing he brings to the table is recruiting, and the schools who can afford to pay a position coach 1mil+ recruit well enough already.

NCDawg
01-12-2015, 04:00 PM
So is this guy going to miss the boat this year on the college coach hiring season? Did he negotiate himself out of all the decent opportunities to return?

Just surprised he hasn't been hired yet and that his name isn't mentioned anymore for any openings.

Still wish we could get him on board somehow. It would be a big boost for our recruiting, and with Diaz on board also, I would think the sky is the limit.

Johnson85
01-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Maybe he really does like being at home with his kids.

From that article that was posted, it seems like he'd go to USC for just about any job and that he'd potentially take a head coaching job at lots of places, but that otherwise he'd be picky. He's averaged over $750k per year for the 9 years starting with his arrival at Ole Miss, and he probably made good money the 6 years before that at USC, so he's probably got a good little nest egg. Looks like maybe he was being truthful in the article when he said he loved being at home for his kids.

32 Dive
01-12-2015, 06:08 PM
When it comes to Coach "O", I refuse to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

While he's reeeeeeaaalll good at what he does, there are reasons why.

I dare say, If I were to put those in a list, one of them isn't forthright disclosure of all facts.

MabenMaroon
01-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Why?

Original48
01-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Still wish we could get him on board somehow. It would be a big boost for our recruiting, and with Diaz on board also, I would think the sky is the limit.
My biggest concern would obviously be O being a one and done. If we signed him this late, and he left Nov/Dec of '15, we really wouldn't benefit from his recruiting anyway.