PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that this board has reached a consensus opinion ?

shannondawg
01-12-2015, 01:16 PM
That Rick Ray has to go , if this program is ever going to be relevant again?

Irondawg
01-12-2015, 01:17 PM
I think the entire country has come to that conclusion.

Political Hack
01-12-2015, 01:19 PM
I'd say is board agreeing is more impressive ham the entire free world agreeing.***

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2015, 01:23 PM
I want to be contrary and say Rick needs to stay just to throw a wrench in the works, but I can't. Something just seems inherently wrong about everybody on this board agreeing. Like the last sign of the apololypse or something. This basketball season has been beyond horrid. I've been of the opinion that Rick needs to be on the next thing smoking for a while now.

Bama_Dawg
01-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Yep and its sad that we've come to the consensus. I'd rather get rid of a coach before we reach it, be pro-active as it were, but here we are...in reactive mode...again.

codeDawg
01-12-2015, 01:33 PM
When this is done, do we get to argue about how the next guy is winning with Rick Ray's recruits for 5 years?

MadDawg
01-12-2015, 01:34 PM
I want to be contrary and say Rick needs to stay just to throw a wrench in the works, but I can't. Something just seems inherently wrong about everybody on this board agreeing. Like the last sign of the apololypse or something. This basketball season has been beyond horrid. I've been of the opinion that Rick needs to be on the next thing smoking for a while now.

Considering how wrong so many have been about the basketball program and direction it has been heading, the fact that they are now against Ray has me worried. Maybe Ray needs to stick around now.

BeardoMSU
01-12-2015, 01:39 PM
They have seen the light.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rtDf2Vo6soU/U8G6E73SNWI/AAAAAAAACJ8/7bNuKsfzAW4/s1600/glorious.gif

Now lets hope Scott has seen it too....

CadaverDawg
01-12-2015, 01:47 PM
When this is done, do we get to argue about how the next guy is winning with Rick Ray's recruits for 5 years?

After this shit show, I won't be arguing about any type of "winning".

engie
01-12-2015, 01:53 PM
It has. Right now is the closest the fanbase has come to being united about basketball since the Lawrence Roberts days.

It will be interesting to see if our "united in discontent" can be transferred to "united behind the next guy" which isn't mutually inclusive. We absolutely must make a homerun hire. Spend the $$, get it done, and we can "fix" the fanbase overnight, long before the product on the floor is fixed.

When Stans was let go, nothing and no one would have united the fanbase at that time IMO. Too many hurt feelings all around. Cohen didn't much unite anything on the front end, and he was as close to a homerun hire as is feasibly possible. It's been enough time now that I feel like it's possible to get everyone on the same page and pulling together on day 1 if we handle the next hire correctly.

Dawg61
01-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Make a great hire and the Hump will be packed. Sorry 7 but I want a better hire than Eustachy. I want us to go steal Baylor's coach and pay him well. Baylor has had loads of NBA talent the last five years under Drew.

yjnkdawg
01-12-2015, 02:20 PM
After this shit show, I won't be arguing about any type of "winning".

We are last in the SEC in every offensive and defensive category, with the exception of being 13th in one. The most glaring stat, to me, is our turnover to assist ratio and of course we are last there.

yjnkdawg
01-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Let's put a blindfold on the Administration and especially Bracky and hire a real coach.

basedog
01-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Can't wait till baseball starts!

Dawg61
01-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Can't wait till baseball starts!

Amen

NCDawg
01-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Mark Gottfried's NC State team beat Duke yesterday. I doubt whether he would be interested in the job, and not sure we would want him anyway. I saw him at one of the NC golf courses this past summer and he says he's happy living in NC. He said he and Stansbury got to be pretty good friends before he left Alabama.

sleepy dawg
01-12-2015, 03:26 PM
I kind of hope our next coach wins 0 games next year so I can keep saying "is everyone happy now? Now how do you feel about firing Ray" since about half this board considers a bad hire as everyone elses fault for not being happy with the previously less shitty coach.

RiverCityDawg
01-12-2015, 04:01 PM
It seems to just be more about "when" now.

MadDawg
01-12-2015, 04:04 PM
I kind of hope our next coach wins 0 games next year so I can keep saying "is everyone happy now? Now how do you feel about firing Ray" since about half this board considers a bad hire as everyone elses fault for not being happy with the previously less shitty coach.

We found the one guy happy with Rick Ray. So no, there is no consensus.

tcdog70
01-12-2015, 04:33 PM
It seems to Me most of the Board wants a Young Up and Comer with some Flash. I think what We need Is a Coach that can win and has been around the Block. We need a Coach that has been to War and has won where ever He has Been. We need a Coach who can recruit the South. Three names come to My mind.
1.John Brady
2. Larry Eustacy--(whose Wife Stacy, Played Volley Ball at State) I guess they are still married
3. Kermit Davis Jr.

sleepy dawg
01-12-2015, 07:48 PM
We found the one guy happy with Rick Ray. So no, there is no consensus.

I think you missed the point...