PDA

View Full Version : Will Redmond

CadaverDawg
01-12-2015, 10:07 AM
I know this has been discussed previously, but I am sick thinking about Redmond being a Senior already. I feel certain that no other program in the country would have gotten that type of punishment that we bestowed upon ourselves. That being said, can anything be done about that lost season? An appeal? Anything? I mean, I feel pretty confident that Redmond will go pro after 2015 season anyway, but it would be nice to know he had an option to come back. That was a total injustice to that kid, and our compliance department should have been fired and kicked in the balls for it. Totally unacceptable to punish a kid like that in this day and age of cheating and corruption in the NCAA.

Coach34
01-12-2015, 10:09 AM
He is going to jump to the NFL draft anyway- it wont matter

Political Hack
01-12-2015, 10:10 AM
I have to bite my toungue for one more year...

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2015, 10:14 AM

Are we to assume the floodgates will open in early January 2016?

Acid mouth
01-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Haha Clinton-Dix is laughing (no pun intended) as he got an interest free loan from a BAMA COACH and only sat one meaningless game. We're just on the wrong side of the NCAA's double standards.

War Machine Dawg
01-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Haha Clinton-Dix is laughing (no pun intended) as he got an interest free loan from a BAMA COACH and only sat one meaningless game. We're just on the wrong side of the NCAA's double standards.

No, we just employ incompetent compliance officials. We could've gotten off that easily to if Bracky Fife weren't running our compliance.

defiantdog
01-12-2015, 10:25 AM
After watching how the Todd gurley situation was handled, I'd hope we would figure it out by now.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-12-2015, 10:27 AM

Don't forget about T-Town menswear:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/T-TOWN-MENSWEAR/266785178385
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/07/when_do_college_football_fans.html

War Machine Dawg
01-12-2015, 10:29 AM
After watching how the Todd gurley situation was handled, I'd hope we would figure it out by now.

And that's Mark Richt, a guy I think we can all agree is about as above board as it gets in sports. Bucky should takes notes from Richt on how to have faith without using it to bludgeon your opponents.

Westdawg
01-12-2015, 10:57 AM

i, for one, am so ready for that day to come and to hear the "rest of the story"..............

I coached in Memphis for a while, and i am excited to get to hear this from your perspective. A lot of coaches in that area were stunned, to say the least, in how Will got screwed the way he did, while big D got to possum-grin his way around with nothing but a bunch of ppl lauding him for being such an "upstanding person" in talking about it all....which was not the full story for him, either.

justwin
01-12-2015, 11:45 AM
If he wanted to come back, they would give him back his year effectively making it a 6 game suspension. He'd apply for it like a medical. Too many others have done worse and gotten less punishment.

I know this has been discussed previously, but I am sick thinking about Redmond being a Senior already. I feel certain that no other program in the country would have gotten that type of punishment that we bestowed upon ourselves. That being said, can anything be done about that lost season? An appeal? Anything? I mean, I feel pretty confident that Redmond will go pro after 2015 season anyway, but it would be nice to know he had an option to come back. That was a total injustice to that kid, and our compliance department should have been fired and kicked in the balls for it. Totally unacceptable to punish a kid like that in this day and age of cheating and corruption in the NCAA.

FlabLoser
01-12-2015, 11:55 AM

This all day.

I'm less interested in the details of how we got screwed over than I am about modernizing the compliance dept.

deltadawg99
01-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Didn't Redmond already say that he was coming back?

yjnkdawg
01-12-2015, 12:17 PM
No, we just employ incompetent compliance officials. We could've gotten off that easily to if Bracky Fife weren't running our compliance.

I wish we could move Bracky Fife out and get a good Attorney, who knows the ropes on how the system of recruiting really works.

MSUDawg4Life
01-12-2015, 12:23 PM

Most of us are still going to think it's your fault no matter who you choose to blame or what you choose to say.

maroonmania
01-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Didn't Redmond already say that he was coming back?

I think the comment was intended to convey that he will be going to the NFL AFTER next season regardless so there is no need in trying to get a season of eligibility restored to him at this point.

Political Hack
01-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Most of us are still going to think it's your fault no matter who you choose to blame or what you choose to say.

didn't realize I had said that I share none of the blame. thanks for educating me on the situation. you're so astute.

Johnson85
01-12-2015, 02:14 PM
That was a total injustice to that kid, and our compliance department should have been fired and kicked in the balls for it.

In hindsight, it's probably worked out pretty well for him. Assuming he's on pace to make an NFL roster after next year, he will have one season less of hits on his body. Definitely slowed his development, but I'm not sure he won't get to make that up on the back end of his career.

But no doubt, somebody should have lost their job over the way that ended up for us. At the very least, they should have been demoted so we could have somebody competent come in to handle those type situations.