PDA

View Full Version : UPig OC is leaving, Pitt I believe

MabenMaroon
01-12-2015, 07:43 AM
Wondering how that might affect UPig's upcoming season. I know Coach Bielema's philosophy is RTGDF and then run some more for good measure, but the two things I was fearing the most about them this next year were 1) the maturation of their qb's and somewhat diversification of the offense 2) the development of their defense which had become one of the better ones in the SEC in my opinion.
Now they have lost their OC/qb coach and a key cog off their defensive staff (Randy Shannon), think all of this will make much difference?

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2015, 08:15 AM
It can't help. I think they're hurt more on defense than offense. It doesn't take a great offensive mind to run 50 times a game. Now, I do think they ran that much because they had a QB that had a hard time hitting his receivers...except for their TE during our game, and if he progressed and became better then perhaps they would have used him more and been more balanced and more lethal. If that were to be the case then losing the OC might hurt them more. Either way I am not looking forward to heading to Little Rock next year. Something about crossing the border into the land of banjos and inbreeding that just make our team forget how to play the game of football.