PDA

View Full Version : Payton Manning-today is another example of why you arent a Brady or Montana

Coach34
01-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Just cant get it done in the playoffs all too often

DanDority
01-11-2015, 08:00 PM
I've been saying it for years.

smootness
01-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Just cant get it done in the playoffs all too often

Eh. You may be right in general, but tonight was far more about him being done. His arm strength is completely gone; there was no way he was going to be able to get it done today. I expect him to retire.

Bully13
01-11-2015, 08:10 PM
I'll be honest here and admit I thought the 1 dimensional drop back passer was a thing of the past long ago. shows you what I know about football I guess. I always thought the 2 dimensional QB added an extra player to the field. I guess it's just difficult for a QB who has the skills to tuck it and run to also develop a quick read and deliver passing aspect of his game as well.

I'm still thinking the future of the game will revolve around a DAK type QB who can also audible like Peyton, do a quick drop and throw while also being able to break tackles and gain good yards rushing.

MetEdDawg
01-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Eh. You may be right in general, but tonight was far more about him being done. His arm strength is completely gone; there was no way he was going to be able to get it done today. I expect him to retire.

Spot on. His arm strength is worthless at this point. The reason Brady is still as successful as he's been at his age is because he can still torch you deep and teams have to respect that. Deep for Manning is 35 yards. Teams are playing closer to the LOS on him, jamming WR's, and he's not got the same windows he's used to having.

I think he needs to call it a career. They have a lot up for free agency and I just don't think he could put together 3 or 4 games in a row good enough to be the NFL elite in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl next year.

War Machine Dawg
01-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Spot on. His arm strength is worthless at this point. The reason Brady is still as successful as he's been at his age is because he can still torch you deep and teams have to respect that. Deep for Manning is 35 yards. Teams are playing closer to the LOS on him, jamming WR's, and he's not got the same windows he's used to having.

I think he needs to call it a career. They are losing a lot and I just don't think he could put together 3 or 4 games in a row good enough to be the NFL elite in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl next year.

Even bigger problem is Denver didn't do shit to upgrade the OL for him after how bad it was last season. Until they do that, it's hard for me to put all of it on Peyton. For all the media fellatio of John Elway the football genius, he hasn't really done much to upgrade the one area of the team Peyton needed most to be successful at this point of his career. And that's not even mentioning going to get him a RB to lean on, the way Denver did TD in Elway's final years. Elway's a wayyyyy overrated executive, imo.

Irondawg
01-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Luck is mobile and actually runs well. He just only does it when he needs to.

It's just almost impossible for a running qb to stay healthy for very long in the nfl. Even Cam who is built like a tank was extremely limited this year

DawgHouseUnited
01-12-2015, 08:25 AM
It was funny reading my twitter feed last night. I have a friend that is a slavishly devoted Tebow fan, so he blew twitter up with retweets about how Denver should've kept Tebow...

BeardoMSU
01-12-2015, 08:35 AM
It was funny reading my twitter feed last night. I have a friend that is a slavishly devoted Tebow fan, so he blew twitter up with retweets about how Denver should've kept Tebow...

Wow, you're friends with Skip Bayless?!?**

msstate7
01-12-2015, 08:49 AM

Love tebow. I really wish he was still playing. That said, the Broncos made the right choice. I do hate tebow never got a fair shake with anyone imo

Johnson85
01-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Love tebow. I really wish he was still playing. That said, the Broncos made the right choice. I do hate tebow never got a fair shake with anyone imo

It is crazy how somebody that was a competent game manager in his second (? I think second) season never got a legit chance to play. No way there are 29 backups in the league better than him right now.

BeardoMSU
01-12-2015, 09:25 AM
It is crazy how somebody that was a competent game manager in his second (? I think second) season never got a legit chance to play. No way there are 29 backups in the league better than him right now.

There were, and still are, a bunch of backups that didn't get handed a starting job like Tebow did, nor did they garner the same media circus that came with him, despite being equally or more talented.