PDA

View Full Version : A Little Stricklin/Basketball Common Sense

BeastMan
01-11-2015, 06:45 PM
I think some want to complain simply for the sake of complaining. One of the biggest criticisms Strick took on boards was because he allegedly fired Stans with no plan or real hires lined up. He's repeatedly blasted over and over for "the way the situation was handled". Now many folks are criticizing him for not firing Ray right now. I'm seeing plenty of "How can Stricklin not do something!!1!1!1!!"

I think it's pretty rational to assume that Stricklin knows what he's going to do. I'm sure he's critiqued himself from the last go round and is applying what he has learned. I'd be willing to bet he is moving behind the scenes and through back channels and agents to gauge interest amongst a list of candidates. Imo, he's working on lining up his guy right now.

The point is, if you are one of the many blasting Strick about how the last search took place, don't be the guy complaining about what he's doing (or allegedly not doing) now. Grasshopper is working on it. I'd bet everything I have he's working on it.

Political Hack
01-11-2015, 06:50 PM
yeah, I think he couldn't have managed his way out of a wet paper bag in the last search, but you can't expect him to fire Ray mid-season IMO. If he botches this next hire, that's it though.

msstate7
01-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I don't think he should be given absolute power over the next hire. There's hiring a guy that doesn't work out and then there's hiring Rick ray. Ray was a reach for Jackson state.

Oh and I supported ray till there's nothing to support. He is completely over his head

maroonmania
01-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Biggest issue I have is that Keenum and Strick seem to have this idealist view of how they want our basketball program run. Like we can't be tainted by AAU or the coaches association or any recruiting that's not totally above board in every way. Just afraid that if they are still under the illusion that we have to operate that way (when 95% of others don't) then our basketball program is in a hopeless situation no matter who the next hire is.