PDA

View Full Version : Phil Cunningham has taken himself out of the running to be next HC

Coach34
01-11-2015, 04:37 PM
11-20 last year at Troy

6-7 this year

I'd post Robert Kirby's record- but he doesnt have one

bluelightstar
01-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Good thing Scott isn't crazy enough to consider either of them.

Jacksondevildog
01-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Hopefully Bailey Howell doesn't want either to be hired.
Good thing Scott isn't crazy enough to consider either of them.

CadaverDawg
01-11-2015, 04:42 PM
So we have breaking news that...

1) Ray won't be here next year

2) It won't be Cunningham

3) It won't be Kirby

Is your source a homeless person in Jackson? Everybody with a brain can guess these 3. No offense.

Wake me up if you hear that we are canning his ass before the season ends.

Coach34
01-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Dont be a dick my friend- there will be a little push for Kirby

CadaverDawg
01-11-2015, 04:54 PM

Not trying to be a dick. More so saying, why the hell is it taking so long for this to be news? Ray should already be fired and anybody pushing for Kirby should be forced to never post on bball again.

msstate7
01-11-2015, 04:54 PM

I'm eustachy all the way with the next hire; but had we chose Kirby last time, we'd be in better shape now imo

HoopsDawg
01-11-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm eustachy all the way with the next hire; but had we chose Kirby last time, we'd be in better shape now imo

Since you have mentioned rehiring Stans multiple times, I think you should be banned from these type of discussions.

msstate7
01-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Since you have mentioned rehiring Stans multiple times, I think you should be banned from these type of discussions.
Haha... You don't like eustachy?

Btw stricklin called me this morning asking my opinion*

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Tell Pitino to name his salary.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Haha... You don't like eustachy?

Btw stricklin called me this morning asking my opinion*

We aren't going to hire a coach with a history of NCAA violations and debauchery. So you might as well give it up.

Coach34
01-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Tell Pitino to name his salary.

Little Pitino would be a good candidate

msstate7
01-11-2015, 05:10 PM

Minnesota > miss state as a basketball job right now. Big 10 >>> sec basketball conference

msstate7
01-11-2015, 05:12 PM
We aren't going to hire a coach with a history of NCAA violations and debauchery. So you might as well give it up.

If this is true, I'd call Michael white or Archie miller (Dayton)

msstate7
01-11-2015, 05:16 PM

Well since Scott stricklin actually hired Rick ray, should he be banned from these discussions also?

HoopsDawg
01-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Well since Scott stricklin actually hired Rick ray, should he be banned from these discussions also?

Yes.

msstate7
01-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Yes.

It's sad that I agree.

Coach34
01-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Minnesota > miss state as a basketball job right now. Big 10 >>> sec basketball conference

" Pitino's salary annual salary starts at $1.2 million. This is broken down into a base salary of $500,000, which will go up by at least five percent every year, and "supplemental compensation" of $700,000 per year, which will remain constant."

"Coach Pitino- this is Scott Stricklin at Miss State- how are you? We would like to talk to you about becoming our next HC. We are prepared to offer you a package worth $2MM plus incentives if we feel it's a good fit for us. When would you like to meet?"

HoopsDawg
01-11-2015, 05:21 PM
" Pitino's salary annual salary starts at $1.2 million. This is broken down into a base salary of $500,000, which will go up by at least five percent every year, and "supplemental compensation" of $700,000 per year, which will remain constant."

"Coach Pitino- this is Scott Stricklin at Miss State- how are you? We would like to talk to you about becoming our next HC. We are prepared to offer you a package worth $2MM plus incentives if we feel it's a good fit for us. When would you like to meet?"

Coach Pitino: "No thanks".

Coach34
01-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Never know till you try

msstate7
01-11-2015, 05:24 PM

I just think his dad would advise him against coming here. I picture Rick telling him to hold tight till a big boy comes calling. Of course, I dont know either pitino.

msstate7
01-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Never know till you try

I do think it would be worth a call. Just don't think it would happen

HoopsDawg
01-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Let's get realistic about the hire. We need to go really hard after:

1. Michael White
2. Andy Toole
3. Brad Underwood

If we miss on these 3 guys, we will need to make a bridge hire like John Brady. No matter what direction we go, it's going to be another 3-5 years before we will be in the NCAAT discussion. The quick fix would be Kenny Payne b/c he just might could get Malik, but I don't think Stricklin would go in that direction.

msstate7
01-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Let's get realistic about the hire. We need to go really hard after:

1. Michael White
2. Andy Toole
3. Brad Underwood

If we miss on these 3 guys, we will need to make a bridge hire like John Brady. No matter what direction we go, it's going to be another 3-5 years before we will be in the NCAAT discussion. The quick fix would be Kenny Payne b/c he just might could get Malik, but I don't think Stricklin would go in that direction.

I like white too. Do you think he would come here?

HoopsDawg
01-11-2015, 05:37 PM
I like white too. Do you think he would come here?

I think it's going to be really tough for us to find a good up and coming coach.

shannondawg
01-11-2015, 05:44 PM
I don't know what kind of head coach Kirby would be, but I was told by someone close to the source that he was a terrible interview and that has kept him from being a head coach. Do know that he only was hired at Georgetown to get an edge in Ms players and all he did was up the ante on several without any success and his living expenses were so much higher up there, that it wasn't a step up salary wise..

engie
01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
I thought you wanted a southeastern coach? Toole has never been outside of Pennsylvania.

Underwood would be a good hire IMO...

maroonmania
01-11-2015, 07:25 PM
I don't know what kind of head coach Kirby would be, but I was told by someone close to the source that he was a terrible interview and that has kept him from being a head coach. Do know that he only was hired at Georgetown to get an edge in Ms players and all he did was up the ante on several without any success and his living expenses were so much higher up there, that it wasn't a step up salary wise..

The primary positive on Kirby is that he would have been the best thing for trying to keep the Stansbury recruiting network in tact. I have no idea what kind of head coach he would make though I will say that while he was at MSU with Stans that yes we had some drama on the team, but after he left things went to hell in a handbasket.

preachermatt83
01-11-2015, 08:43 PM

this!

MabenMaroon
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
So we are offering folks now?