PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Mullen's contract extension?

starkvegasdawg
01-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Last I heard before Christmas was they expected to have a deal done soon. Then crickets.

CadaverDawg
01-11-2015, 02:09 PM
We're still trying to get Ray's extension done before someone swoops him up. Then we'll get to the lower priorities.*

Coach34
01-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Mullen is making sure Harbaugh signs his contract at Michigan

FISHDAWG
01-12-2015, 10:12 AM
I heard that it was Mullen that has yet to sign it ... could be bargaining or haggling over the particulars or something but with the hiring of a new DC I have to think he will sign - it's only a matter of formality at this point

CadaverDawg
01-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Strat, from SPS, seems to have pretty good info, and I read where he was hearing there was a hang up over 300-500k (I think) that had to be ironed out, but that everyone expects it to get done obviously. Leave it to our AD to run the risk of losing our best coach ever over 500k of a 4 million+ salary. Get it done, Scotty. Hell, put 500k incentive on 7 wins plus an Egg Bowl. Just get it done.

msstate7
01-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Strat, from SPS, seems to have pretty good info, and I read where he was hearing there was a hang up over 300-500k (I think) that had to be ironed out, but that everyone expects it to get done obviously. Leave it to our AD to run the risk of losing our best coach ever over 500k of a 4 million+ salary. Get it done, Scotty. Hell, put 500k incentive on 7 wins plus an Egg Bowl. Just get it done.

We made fun of OM for overpaying. I have no problem not just giving mullen what he asks for. We should haggle with him some. Obviously I don't wanna lose him, but I don't wanna give him a crazy number like OM gave freeze

CadaverDawg
01-12-2015, 10:44 AM
We made fun of OM for overpaying. I have no problem not just giving mullen what he asks for. We should haggle with him some. Obviously I don't wanna lose him, but I don't wanna give him a crazy number like OM gave freeze

I agree, that's why I say make it incentive based. I have no problem giving Mullen whatever he is asking for as long as he gets us 8 regular season wins in 2015, with an Egg Bowl being one of those 8 wins. Honestly, he deserves what he's asking for if he accomplishes that imo.

Many may disagree with me, but I am now wanting to see us be a mainstay at 8+ wins in the regular season. Not sure how realistic that is, but it is the bar that we're beginning to set. Mullen's first 5 years, I just wanted us to establish being a bowl team every year.....but now that he has proven he can get us among the best, I want to see us take that next step and be an 8 win team at worst every year.

Obviously, there is no guarantee, and I won't want him fired if we only win 7....but I think raising the bar after this season, is reasonable.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2015, 10:46 AM
$4mil/yr plus incentives. Anything over & we got juiced IMO. OM overpaid we shouldn't follow their model.