PDA

View Full Version : Looking at our Schedule for 2015,

Drugdog
01-09-2015, 03:23 PM
I believe we can be even better next year assuming Dak is back. Thoughts?
Bama, Lsu , and Bears at home. Mizzou is winnable as well as A and M. Auburn will be tough.

jumbo
01-09-2015, 03:24 PM
floor is 7 wins ceiling is 10-11

Dawg496
01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
I think we win em all.

msstate7
01-09-2015, 03:43 PM
9-3 with bowl win to get 10-3

Coach34
01-09-2015, 03:44 PM
LSU in Game 2 is biggest key. They have a bunch of starters returning but shitty QB play. We will have outstanding QB play but an OL that has to gel fast.

Hopefully they stay in a 4 man front so our new C isn't facing a NG in his 1st big SEC game

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2015, 04:05 PM
We can do a lot of things next season, but we've got to rediscover our "mojo" this offseason. After going exactly 364 days without losing a football, we became a very medicore team following the loss to Bama.

This team needs the leadership, coaches, etc.. to take the bull by the horns and get this thing back on track. In many ways this reminds of the end of the 2012 season, and I can't forget how we showed up the next year against Ok State and just didn't have the energy. It took us half the year in 2013 to find our mojo again.

That simply can't happen here. The players can't be looking at 2014 as a missed opportunity, instead they have to view us as a team that's still on it's way up and get this stuff turned around quickly.

Sure, the team that played LSU, A&M, and Auburn this season can have a great year next year, but that isn't who we are right now. We regressed down the stretch and must regain that form if we are too accomplish anything next season.

preachermatt83
01-09-2015, 07:41 PM
it could be as bad as 4-8 or as good as 11-1.. I'm thinking 9-3.

Political Hack
01-09-2015, 08:04 PM
LSU in Game 2 is biggest key. They have a bunch of starters returning but shitty QB play. We will have outstanding QB play but an OL that has to gel fast.

Hopefully they stay in a 4 man front so our new C isn't facing a NG in his 1st big SEC game

agree. LSU will decide whether we play for the west or hope to make the liberty bowl. I think LSU could push for a national championship next year as a darkhorse if they can bring their young QB along, and I expect Cam Cam to do exactly that. I'm glad we get them early, and at home.

defiantdog
01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
We can do a lot of things next season, but we've got to rediscover our "mojo" this offseason. After going exactly 364 days without losing a football, we became a very medicore team following the loss to Bama.

This team needs the leadership, coaches, etc.. to take the bull by the horns and get this thing back on track. In many ways this reminds of the end of the 2012 season, and I can't forget how we showed up the next year against Ok State and just didn't have the energy. It took us half the year in 2013 to find our mojo again.

That simply can't happen here. The players can't be looking at 2014 as a missed opportunity, instead they have to view us as a team that's still on it's way up and get this stuff turned around quickly.

Sure, the team that played LSU, A&M, and Auburn this season can have a great year next year, but that isn't who we are right now. We regressed down the stretch and must regain that form if we are too accomplish anything next season.

I don't see any let down next year. Yeah, we lost a lot of key players this year. But we're going to return Dak. And I see a lot of guys stepping up as leaders next year. We may have a bunch of guys leave early next year as well. Bear Wilson, Fred Ross, Chris Jones, and Beny Brown may all opt out of their senior year. Then we have big time leaders on the senior level as well...... Calhoun, Redmond, Ryan Brown, Malone, and Morrow. We're going to be a talented bunch next year. But I agree, that LSU game will be our breaking point..... having it early helps just like it did this year.

yjnkdawg
01-09-2015, 09:26 PM

Also not the best draw in those last three weeks with ARK away, in between Bama and OM, but you get what you get.

jumbo
01-09-2015, 10:42 PM
The good news is we get LSU at home. So even if they get a "big time" transfer he still has to play game #2 on the road in a very hostile environment.

Todd4State
01-10-2015, 12:55 AM

Fortunately we start off with USM, so even if we come out flat we should be fine.

GTHOM
01-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Next years team will be more talented than this years bunch. Especially on the line of scrimmage. By the end of the year desper and clayborne will be much better than day and beckwith. that was the biggest letdown for me down the stretch, our o line getting their ass kicked( besides our poor coaching), McKinney and JRob are gone but we can replace them. I think a playoff spot is the high and the low is 7 or 8 wins

Political Hack
01-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Next years team will be more talented than this years bunch. Especially on the line of scrimmage. By the end of the year desper and clayborne will be much better than day and beckwith. that was the biggest letdown for me down the stretch, our o line getting their ass kicked( besides our poor coaching), McKinney and JRob are gone but we can replace them. I think a playoff spot is the high and the low is 7 or 8 wins

we have 7 "losable" games on our schedule next year, so I think the floor is lower than that; however, I do agree that we should be better and the ceiling is the playoffs and competing for the West.

LSU - will be better, but we get them at home.
@Auburn - will be about the same, but we play them away.
@A&M - will be much, much better defensively and still produce on O
@Mizzu - defense shouldn't be as good getting pressure, but they compete with everyone and it's at Mizzu
Bama - will be down from this season, but always has enough talent and coaching to beat anyone
@Arky - may be the darkhorse in the west next year. They are a hard nose team.
GTHOM - home team wins the egg bowl usually

All of those games are losable, but there's also no "automatic L's" in our schedule. It's the first season I'll have ever been able to say that with a straight face.

defiantdog
01-10-2015, 02:13 PM
we have 7 "losable" games on our schedule next year, so I think the floor is lower than that; however, I do agree that we should be better and the ceiling is the playoffs and competing for the West.

LSU - will be better, but we get them at home. I'm not sure how much better..... Alexander left for the NFL and he was their vocal leader of the defense.
@Auburn - will be about the same, but we play them away. I expect them to be better..... I was hoping Duke would jump for the NFL.
@A&M - will be much, much better defensively and still produce on O They lose their best RB and a bunch of key lineman..... they get that ahole Garrett back on defense for another 2 years though.
@Mizzu - defense shouldn't be as good getting pressure, but they compete with everyone and it's at Mizzu unless you're Georgia.
Bama - will be down from this season, but always has enough talent and coaching to beat anyone If they lose more than 2 games next year, they should be ashamed with all the stupid talent they have.
@Arky - may be the darkhorse in the west next year. They are a hard nose team. They lose Flowers and some key OLs, but that's it. I agree they'll be a force.
GTHOM - home team wins the egg bowl usually They lose Kimdiche, Treadwell, Softy, and at least Conner after next year..... it's all or nothing for them.

All of those games are losable, but there's also no "automatic L's" in our schedule. It's the first season I'll have ever been able to say that with a straight face.
nt

Political Hack
01-10-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty alone in this sentiment but I think LSU may push for a title next season. Cam is the QB whisperer and he's got a VERY talented young one to work with for 9 months. Not to mention the best RB in the country and the best WR corps in the SEC. They're young, but they're more talented than anyone else in the SEC at the offensive skill positions.

Their defensive line under produced this year with a group of 4/5 star kids that are going to be pushed by younger and possibly more talented guys. You know what that means? Depth.

Also, they grow LBs and Safeties like crawfish in Louisiana. LSU will never hurt for either.

smootness
01-10-2015, 02:33 PM
LSU will be what they've been - a very good team who is tough to beat with a few serious flaws that loses a few games. Their offense should be good, but it will all come down to QB, and I don't like their chances there. Harris is talented, but he's not an elite talent. And their WRs will be good but not as good as two years ago; so if their QB play isn't better than it was then, they'll certainly be beatable at home.

Bama will be Bama, though not the unbeatable Bama from 2-3 years ago.

And we heard A&M's defense would be much better this year, too. I won't buy a Kevin Sumlin team with a defense until I see one. I don't care who the coordinator is, I'm not going to believe the light switch suddenly flips when it runs contrary to every team he's ever put on the field. With all they hype around them, aside from a 5 or 6-game stretch two years ago, they've been nothing more than a decent SEC team.

Auburn will be tough, but there will be a learning curve for Jeremy Johnson.

I like the way our schedule sets up.

defiantdog
01-10-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm pretty alone in this sentiment but I think LSU may push for a title next season. Cam is the QB whisperer and he's got a VERY talented young one to work with for 9 months. Not to mention the best RB in the country and the best WR corps in the SEC. They're young, but they're more talented than anyone else in the SEC at the offensive skill positions.

Their defensive line under produced this year with a group of 4/5 star kids that are going to be pushed by younger and possibly more talented guys. You know what that means? Depth.

Also, they grow LBs and Safeties like crawfish in Louisiana. LSU will never hurt for either.

This is very true, especially the crawfish part. But as we saw this year, they can have all the talent in the world..... but without veteran leadership, they can seem lost at times. I'll be really nervous if Cam figures a way to get Braxton Miller though.

Political Hack
01-10-2015, 02:37 PM
LSU's WRs could actually be more talented than what they had with Landry and Beckham Jr. And they'll certainly be deeper there. They can essentially put four Beckham's on the field at the same time next year with Jim Brown in the backfield.

smootness
01-10-2015, 02:39 PM
LSU's WRs could actually be more talented than what they had with Landry and Beckham Jr. And they'll certainly be deeper there. They can essentially put four Beckham's on the field at the same time next year with Jim Brown in the backfield.

Let's pump the jets a bit. Beckham is a rare talent, and Landry was very, very good as a rookie, too. I don't care where these guys were ranked, I'll be shocked if they turn out to be that good.

Political Hack
01-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Dural, Dupre, Quinn, & Johnson > Beckham Jr & Landry.

and if you're looking at college production, it won't even be close.

NCDawg
01-10-2015, 02:56 PM

I agree. Seems year after year we have the same basic problem; mediocre OL play. No coincidence that these are the positions that we haven't recruited very well. JRob had very little chance to run against the 3 teams that beat us.

smootness
01-10-2015, 03:04 PM

Well, Dural was also part of that WR group 2 years ago. That group also had Quintavious Leslie, who was a bust. We don't know what Tyron Johnson is, and we really don't know what any of them are. Beckham and Landry alone put up about 1,000 more yards in 2013 than their top 3 guys did this year.

We'll see if any of them can make a similar leap to the one Beckham and Landry did. Considering that kind of talent in the same college WR group is historic, I doubt they can.

Political Hack
01-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Well, Dural was also part of that WR group 2 years ago. That group also had Quintavious Leslie, who was a bust. We don't know what Tyron Johnson is, and we really don't know what any of them are. Beckham and Landry alone put up about 1,000 more yards in 2013 than their top 3 guys did this year.

We'll see if any of them can make a similar leap to the one Beckham and Landry did. Considering that kind of talent in the same college WR group is historic, I doubt they can.

I agree how great they were, although I've always held and still do that Landry isn't nearly the talent Beckham Jr is.

smootness
01-10-2015, 03:17 PM
I agree how great they were, although I've always held and still do that Landry isn't nearly the talent Beckham Jr is.

This is true, but it's not a knock on Landry. Beckham just had the best season by a rookie WR in NFL history, and Moss is the only other one that really comes close. Again, he is a RARE talent.

Landry caught 84 passes as a rookie, which I'm pretty sure is top 5 all-time. He became the top receiving target, again as a rookie, on a team with a Pro Bowl WR. Any one of those guys will be lucky just to get to Landry's level.

In the best class of rookie WRs in NFL history, those two guys were both in the top 3, along with Mike Evans.

defiantdog
01-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Completely agree and add Tyron Johnson next year. They just don't have anyone to throw it to them. Beckham and Landry didn't either, but they made up for it with Sportscenter type grabs every game.

Political Hack
01-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Completely agree and add Tyron Johnson next year. They just don't have anyone to throw it to them. Beckham and Landry didn't either, but they made up for it with Sportscenter type grabs every game.

the guy that was throwing it to them is an NFL QB now. that's not shabby...

Coach34
01-10-2015, 04:13 PM
if LSU gets QB play they will win the West

I think next year the West winner could easily have 2 losses and win it on the tiebreaker- the West will have the most parity we have seen in our lifetimes

Political Hack
01-10-2015, 04:17 PM
it will again be the Wild Wild West.

Coach34
01-10-2015, 04:24 PM
it will again be the Wild Wild West.

Hell, just look at it:

Fredo could be very good but has a huge QB question- and they have to play @Fla, @Bammer, @Auburn, and @State...what big road game has Freezus won so far???

UPig is a darkhorse- they play @Bama, @LSU, @JerryWorld vs A&M, @Fredo-

Bama is going to be a 2-3 loss team
A&M has to replace alot in the Secondary- trips to Fredo and Baton Rouge...some huge games at home

interesting year ahead for sure

chef dixon
01-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Hell, just look at it:

Fredo could be very good but has a huge QB question- and they have to play @Fla, @Bammer, @Auburn, and @State
UPig is a darkhorse- they play @Bama, @LSU, @JerryWorld vs A&M, @Fredo- what big road game has Freezus won so far???

A&M has to replace alot in the Secondary- trips to Fredo and Baton Rouge...some huge games at home

That will actually be a good thing for A&M.

I think we can be just as good as well. Let's be real, we are losing the most on defense and if you take a step back and look at it, we were simply average on that side of the ball.

defiantdog
01-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Hell, just look at it:

Fredo could be very good but has a huge QB question- and they have to play @Fla, @Bammer, @Auburn, and @State...hat big road game has Freezus won so far???

I'm starting to believe this as well. They will have an experienced team opening up against Wisconsin next year in Jerry World. Also, they have a 4 game stretch where they play @ UGA, Arkansas, @ A&M, then UT @ home. Not to mention, we're their game after LSU again.

defiantdog
01-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Hell, just look at it:

Fredo could be very good but has a huge QB question- and they have to play @Fla, @Bammer, @Auburn, and @State...hat big road game has Freezus won so far???

Fredo also has to play us right after they play LSU next year.

msstate7
01-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Fredo also has to play us right after they play LSU next year.

As will ark, bama, and auburn

BeardoMSU
01-10-2015, 05:18 PM
As will ark, bama, and auburn

Yup, that could be huge next year.