PDA

View Full Version : The trill is gone

Leroy Jenkins
01-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Sorry for the bad BB King pun.

Kenny Hill asks for release from TAMU. May need love and heppin' from QB transfer U.

Big4Dawg
01-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Going to TCU

engie
01-09-2015, 10:13 AM
TCU to spend his whole career behind Boykin? Seems like a strange transfer...

Big4Dawg
01-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Boykin will be a senior next year

Leroy Jenkins
01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
ESPN article says TCU is likely destination. Mandatory sit for a year then take over for Boyken.

engie
01-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Meaning Hill will be(at the very least) a SR or rsJR before he gets his chance there, and there's certainly no guarantee that he'll be next in line, nor that the offensive regime even remains remotely intact(it will be lucky to survive this year and is almost guaranteed not to survive next year assuming continued success).

Meanwhile SMU has one of the best QB coaches and playcallers in the country right down the road starting a new regime virtually guaranteed to be there for the sum of your career -- and no returning QB that has even thrown for 1000 yards in a year, completed 60% of passes, or thrown more TDs than INTs....

jumbo
01-09-2015, 10:36 AM
he'll be pretty good in that offense if that is where he ends up

dawgs
01-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Meaning Hill will be(at the very least) a SR or rsJR before he gets his chance there, and there's certainly no guarantee that he'll be next in line, nor that the offensive regime even remains remotely intact(it will be lucky to survive this year and is almost guaranteed not to survive next year assuming continued success).

Meanwhile SMU has one of the best QB coaches and playcallers in the country right down the road starting a new regime virtually guaranteed to be there for the sum of your career -- and no returning QB that has even thrown for 1000 yards in a year, completed 60% of passes, or thrown more TDs than INTs....

For some reason I don't think Patterson is gonna change the offense even if the OC gets a job elsewhere.

engie
01-09-2015, 11:07 AM
For some reason I don't think Patterson is gonna change the offense even if the OC gets a job elsewhere.

I'm sure he'll try to keep it. But there's a whole bunch of people out there running hurry up spreads that didn't do it nearly as well as Doug Meacham and Sonnie Cumbie did this year... A regime change is still a regime change...

Tough Dawg
01-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Hero to zero fast. I'd like to see the transfer rule changed to where they shouldn't have to sit a year if there GPA it at a certain level. Reward the kids who focus on academics.

thunderclap
01-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Good thing he trademarked his name.

M.Fillmore
01-09-2015, 11:30 AM

Sounds like SMU would have been a good fit for Machine Gun Kelly.

RealHastings
01-09-2015, 11:35 AM
I just find this hilarious. He takes the nation by storm by playing out of his mind against what we now know to be a pathetic south carolina defense. He has JFF tweeting about him. Trademarks the name Kenny Trill. And then plays a defense worth a hell and turns out to be a mediocre-to-average qb at best. Now wants to transfer. This situation in it's entirety just gives me too many lolz.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2015, 11:35 AM
I've never seen a quicker fall in sports than ole Trill.

engie
01-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I've never seen a quicker fall in sports than ole Trill.

Or rise, for that matter...

thf24
01-09-2015, 11:59 AM
My question is why put yourself out there for ridicule by making a big show of trademarking your self-awarded nickname that soon? He had to know he probably wasn't as good as his early inflated numbers and hype suggested and that he most likely couldn't sustain it. Unless it's just a case of the most extreme arrogance.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Or rise, for that matter...

Truth

Coach34
01-09-2015, 12:17 PM
My question is why put yourself out there for ridicule by making a big show of trademarking your self-awarded nickname that soon? He had to know he probably wasn't as good as his early inflated numbers and hype suggested and that he most likely couldn't sustain it. Unless it's just a case of the most extreme arrogance.

No- like Manziel- he probably thought he was going to perform like that his entire career at A&M

thf24
01-09-2015, 01:04 PM
No- like Manziel- he probably thought he was going to perform like that his entire career at A&M

I just can't understand the thought process. Anyone can be a star in Sumlin's offense if they can hit a bubble screen and a 5 yard slant as long as teams are letting you have those, but I just don't see how he wasn't sitting there after game 3 or 4 or so, knowing what his own strengths and weaknesses are, and thinking "Hmm, this is fun and all, but if I play a good defense who can take away the short stuff and make me throw deep, I might have problem. Better keep my head down and just keep doing what I can for my team." But no, he completely buys into the hype that he's the next great thing in college football, surely knowing full well he struggles with accuracy on anything beyond 15 yards that's not wide ass open.

Coach34
01-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I just can't understand the thought process. Anyone can be a star in Sumlin's offense if they can hit a bubble screen and a 5 yard slant as long as teams are letting you have those, but I just don't see how he wasn't sitting there after game 3 or 4 or so, knowing what his own strengths and weaknesses are, and thinking "Hmm, this is fun and all, but if I play a good defense who can take away the short stuff and make me throw deep, I might have problem. Better keep my head down and just keep doing what I can for my team." But no, he completely buys into the hype that he's the next great thing in college football, surely knowing full well he struggles with accuracy on anything beyond 15 yards that's not wide ass open.

I was 16 yrs old, throwing 78 mph facing Tracy Echols and Pete Young- who had signed with State and headed there in 2 more months. It never really occurred to me that I might not get them out. When I was on the mound- I thought I could get anybody out. Anybody. There's a confidence that alot of QB's, Pitchers, Shooting guards have that arent really normal. And that is what makes these types of guys play better than they really are. If they lose that- like Hill- it gets ugly

Hell, Joe Montana is the poster boy for that. Greg Maddux also. Add Reggie Miller in as a shooting guard

GTHOM
01-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Id be surprised if he didnt end up at TSUN

thf24
01-09-2015, 01:52 PM
I was 16 yrs old, throwing 78 mph facing Tracy Echols and Pete Young- who had signed with State and headed there in 2 more months. It never really occurred to me that I might not get them out. When I was on the mound- I thought I could get anybody out. Anybody. There's a confidence that alot of QB's, Pitchers, Shooting guards have that arent really normal. And that is what makes these types of guys play better than they really are. If they lose that- like Hill- it gets ugly

Hell, Joe Montana is the poster boy for that. Greg Maddux also. Add Reggie Miller in as a shooting guard

Good point, didn't think about that aspect.