PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to have to go see these girls play.....

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2015, 11:05 PM
I've never gone specifically to see a women's game but they get after it. That was fun to watch when they got rolling.

TXDawg
01-08-2015, 11:19 PM
Dillingham (00) reminds me of Whit Hughes - great defense, great hustle, willing to sacrifice her body to make the play and get the ball.

William(s) (2) reminds me of a young Gary Irving - great quickness, great moves, but not the best decision making. I hoping she's a Freshman because once she matures and quits taking on towering double teams, she'll be a beast.

This was the first game I've watched the women play and I have to say that they're a fun bunch to watch. I expect good things from this team this year and near greatness over the next 2-3 years.

AlmostPositive
01-08-2015, 11:19 PM
They're good. And fun to watch. Once upon a time I would have rather gone in for an all day colonoscopy than watch W-BBall in person, but that was then.

notsofarawaydawg
01-08-2015, 11:59 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/80/80bf7c23499c3fe3d00ed3fd3a2874c371335ebd07217ff865 bc48fbe6d8d69a.jpg

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2015, 12:09 AM
Better than no fans at all, ask the men. FYI: I was a season ticket holder along with my now deceased Dad for over 20 years on the Men's side. Perhaps you would prefer the women's crowds to look like what the men's crowds look like now?

AlmostPositive
01-09-2015, 12:22 AM
If they keep winning and the "men" keep embarrassing themselves and the University, the women will probably sell out a game or two, bandwagon or not..

Dawgface
01-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Perhaps coach Schaefer should be given a promotion to the mens hc position. I've heard a former girls bb coach is doing well as a college football hc. Shouldn't be much of a stretch to stay within the same sport and be successful.;) I'm sure it will never happen, but I bet he would be a lot more successful than what we currently have.

Acid mouth
01-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Really hard fought win for those that didn't watch. Arkansas was hitting everything and really worked the offensive glass well. The Lady Dawgs were resilant and eventually got the lead and control of the game with about 5 minutes left. This team appears to have several leaders, a lot of depth, and excellent team chemistry. We also have several freshmen that make substantial contributions/minutes to the team. When tournament time rolls around, I would be hard pressed to find 10 better teams than the product Schaefer has put together. Excellent job ladies!!

MetEdDawg
01-09-2015, 09:25 AM
They have a really good shot to roll off some more wins here over the next couple of weeks. Their next 6 games are against unranked SEC teams. 3 of them are on the road so there is a chance of a slip up but if they can get through this part without losing they could be 24-0 heading into a murderers row of games.

After this 6 game stretch, they play @ #7 UT, home against #9 TAMU, and @ #10 UK. Really rough part of the schedule. Definitely a special year for the team. Schaefer said he thought he could feel the weight of being undefeated on the girls so that is something they will have to work through going forward. But it's a testament to the work of our university and athletic department that we have two teams in the past couple months feeling the weight of being undefeated so late in their season. Men's basketball might be stinking it up, but having a football team 9-0 and a womens basketball team 18-0 is a sign we are doing something right for sure.