PDA

View Full Version : Hevesy

runwildjerious
01-08-2015, 07:41 PM
FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 4m4 minutes ago
Was asked today about USC?s next OL coach?just asked, was told to expect Mississippi State?s OL coach John Hevesy http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

Anyone know anything about this?

DCdawg
01-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Just saw this. Really strange to say the least.

shrimp
01-08-2015, 07:47 PM
That would hurt. Hope we keep him.

engie
01-08-2015, 07:52 PM
I'll let someone other than the OM grad report it before addressing it...

BeastMan
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I'll let someone other than the OM grad report it before addressing it...

You notice how he pushes MSU coaches every recruiting cycle to leave and maybe 1 out of 3 do? Compare/contrast that to how he reports the OM staff. Hev could leave for USC but is always interesting that an OM grad has so many "sources" about the MSU staff

HoopsDawg
01-08-2015, 07:59 PM
I don't buy it, but I can't say that I would be too disappointed.

smootness
01-08-2015, 08:01 PM
This would be one of the strangest things ever, unless they offered him so much Mullen gave his blessing.

engie
01-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Rosey just quashed it**

runwildjerious
01-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Good. We really need consistency on the staff for a big year next year.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Rosey and Paul have just squashed it and said that MSU has refuted the report.

Who is Hevesy recruiting? We can probably look directly to that and see that Ole Miss is trying to stir up controversy and instability

engie
01-08-2015, 08:14 PM
You notice how he pushes MSU coaches every recruiting cycle to leave and maybe 1 out of 3 do? Compare/contrast that to how he reports the OM staff. Hev could leave for USC but is always interesting that an OM grad has so many "sources" about the MSU staff

Yeah, Rousell needs to be called out on this bigtime if it proves untrue. Fresh off the "Mullen to Michigan" hit piece he put together earlier...

When we actually interview Ogre, I'm pretty sure they never reported it. Didn't report about us interviewing Diaz until they were quoting Bonner. So, these "sources" only come to the forefront when it's people allegedly LEAVING MSU -- not when they are coming in? That's interesting...

Political Hack
01-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Yeah, Rousell needs to be called out on this bigtime if it proves untrue. Fresh off the "Mullen to Michigan" hit piece he put together earlier...

When we actually interview Ogre, I'm pretty sure they never reported it. Didn't report about us interviewing Diaz until they were quoting Bonner. So, these "sources" only come to the forefront when it's people allegedly LEAVING MSU -- not when they are coming in? That's interesting...

engie, you're pretty good at gathering talking points. you get them, and after USC hires another OL coach, we all can hammer football scoop on how wrong they consistly are...

mic
01-08-2015, 08:22 PM

Freeze and his dream job.. UGA..

engie
01-08-2015, 08:33 PM
engie, you're pretty good at gathering talking points. you get them, and after USC hires another OL coach, we all can hammer football scoop on how wrong they consistly are...

Yeah, Rousell wasn't bad in regards to us until the Freeze era. Actually enjoyed his brother's site(coachingsearch) and still do now that it's run by Vannini. But his motives have been very questionable lately, which puts a spotlight on incorrect info...

BeastMan
01-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Yeah, Rousell wasn't bad in regards to us until the Freeze era. Actually enjoyed his brother's site(coachingscoop) and still do now that it's run by Vannini. But his motives have been very questionable lately, which puts a spotlight on incorrect info...

He does a great job on everything except MSU. Then he becomes Yancy Porter. If you were to believe the Rousells, MSU's coaching staff turns into a damn fire drill every dead period. Things that make you go hmmm...

Todd4State
01-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Am I the only one that didn't know that Hevsey was up for o-line coach of the year?

Sorry for the hijack.

defiantdog
01-08-2015, 08:55 PM
No sources mean no validity..... lets lock this up before we cause any damage

thunderclap
01-08-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm going to Twitter and calling him a **********. That's the most direct.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-08-2015, 09:30 PM
FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 4m4 minutes ago
Was asked today about USC?s next OL coach?just asked, was told to expect Mississippi State?s OL coach John Hevesy http://FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

Anyone know anything about this?

Dear 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus let this be true.

engie
01-08-2015, 10:57 PM
USC: Mississippi State offensive line coach John Hevesy is expected to be the new offensive line coach at USC, per source. Hevesy was a Finalist this year for Offensive Line Coach of the Year. Will update… Update> Earlier tonight I called & text both Dan Mullen & John Hevesy for clarity on this. Have not heard back from either. Additional sources we checked with at USC characterized him as a finalist; but did not know where it stood. Will update once more is clear.

Now reads
USC: Spoke with sources very close to the situation at USC tonight. They confirm that Mississippi State offensive line coach John Hevesy is among a very small number of remaining candidates for the offensive line job at USC. They advise that no offer has been extended at this time.

We know exactly what you are doing, Scott.

messageboardsuperhero
01-08-2015, 11:03 PM
USC: Mississippi State offensive line coach John Hevesy is expected to be the new offensive line coach at USC, per source. Hevesy was a Finalist this year for Offensive Line Coach of the Year. Will update… Update> Earlier tonight I called & text both Dan Mullen & John Hevesy for clarity on this. Have not heard back from either. Additional sources we checked with at USC characterized him as a finalist; but did not know where it stood. Will update once more is clear.

Now reads
USC: Spoke with sources very close to the situation at USC tonight. They confirm that Mississippi State offensive line coach John Hevesy is among a very small number of remaining candidates for the offensive line job at USC. They advise that no offer has been extended at this time.

LOL, he's backtracking like a two-faced politician.

I seen it dawg
01-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Have not heard back from either summarizes his life.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2015, 11:20 PM
USC: Mississippi State offensive line coach John Hevesy is expected to be the new offensive line coach at USC, per source. Hevesy was a Finalist this year for Offensive Line Coach of the Year. Will update? Update> Earlier tonight I called & text both Dan Mullen & John Hevesy for clarity on this. Have not heard back from either. Additional sources we checked with at USC characterized him as a finalist; but did not know where it stood. Will update once more is clear.

Now reads

Haha, this is hilarious.

I don't think any sources at USC would say this either. They make it sound like coaching at USC is a privilege that no coach could possibly turn down. According to this, Hevesy is a finalist for a job and he doesn't even know it.

Pretty obvious what's going on here.

NCDawg
01-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Are we talking about Southern Cal or South Carolina? If Hevesy is up for OL coach of the year, that's amazing. I guess he has done a pretty good job of coaching up our 2 and 3 star linemen. Would like to see what he could do with 4 or 5 star linemen.

MabenMaroon
01-09-2015, 06:51 AM
We must be about ready to offer someone the landsharts are interested in, or don't want us to sign if they can't garner interest. Sounds like a good hint or clue about any possible new o-line offers.

Bo Darville
01-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately, we have a world of bloggers, twitter cowboys, and reporters who throw out bullcrap rumors like they are trying to be a message board hero. The bar is real low in what passes as "journalism" today. Hell, Godfrey makes a living doing this stuff, and he is just terrible. Awful and horrendously incompetent. Some of these guys are basically dudes that can't get a job doing anything else.

Aces High
01-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Godfrey is hilarious and a very good writer actually.

Johnson85
01-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, we have a world of bloggers, twitter cowboys, and reporters who throw out bullcrap rumors like they are trying to be a message board hero. The bar is real low in what passes as "journalism" today. Hell, Godfrey makes a living doing this stuff, and he is just terrible. Awful and horrendously incompetent. Some of these guys are basically dudes that can't get a job doing anything else.

You're comparing Godfrey to a journalist, when he's not. There are very few journalists today; people simply won't pay for them.

Godfrey is a writer and is a pretty good story teller and maybe he mixes in some small amount of journalism, I'm not sure. But it's not really fair to criticize him for not being good at a job that hardly exists anymore and that he doesn't hold.

Bo Darville
01-09-2015, 08:37 PM
You're comparing Godfrey to a journalist, when he's not. There are very few journalists today; people simply won't pay for them.

Godfrey is a writer and is a pretty good story teller and maybe he mixes in some small amount of journalism, I'm not sure. But it's not really fair to criticize him for not being good at a job that hardly exists anymore and that he doesn't hold.

Understood and agreed about not being a journalist. The problem is that society had blurred the line between reputable reporter and Internet cowboy. Anyone can create a Twitter account and have a website. Elitedawgs has proven that. Then when someone spouts off, everyone runs with it like they heard it from a reputable source (such as the bullcrap tweet about Hevesy leaving). Recruits, fans, etc. read the tweet and it gains steam.

And Godfrey is horrid. He just is. He isn't clever and he could certainly use a 10th grade lesson on punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc.

Bo Darville
01-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Double post