PDA

View Full Version : John O'Korn transferring from Houston

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Dan Wolken just reported on the Twitter that Houston QBJohn O'Korn is transferring.

Now, in case you forgot, this is the QB we almost got 2 years ago during the Cord Sanberg fiasco.

I assume, he will have 3 years to play 2, since he started as a true freshman at Houston, but I also assume he has to sit out a year.

Due to our previous relationship with him and Dak graduating next season, I think we should bring him in to compete for the job in 2016.

He fits us.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-08-2015, 04:51 PM
He completely fell off this year. After his great freshman season he was benched after 5 games this year. Barely completed 50% of his passes 6tds 8ints. I don't know what happened. Have to wonder if Mullen think his ceiling is higher than either of the 2 freshmen. I don't think we'll be a serious contender but could be wrong.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2015, 05:11 PM
He completely fell off this year. After his great freshman season he was benched after 5 games this year. Barely completed 50% of his passes 6tds 8ints. I don't know what happened. Have to wonder if Mullen think his ceiling is higher than either of the 2 freshmen. I don't think we'll be a serious contender but could be wrong.

True, he didn't have a good year, but I always felt that he was a talented kid. If Dan thinks Fitz or Staley can be the guy, then there's obviously no reason to pursue him, but, if Dan isn't so sure, I think he could be a capable "stop gap" type guy for a few years.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-08-2015, 05:31 PM
True, he didn't have a good year, but I always felt that he was a talented kid. If Dan thinks Fitz or Staley can be the guy, then there's obviously no reason to pursue him, but, if Dan isn't so sure, I think he could be a capable "stop gap" type guy for a few years.

Maybe it's just our history at the QB position, but I feel pretty good about what we have waiting in the wings. Out of Williams, staley, fitz, and any signees, at least one of those should develop into a good to great QB. Only thing I can see for the guy that follows Dak is that it'll be hard to follow up to what he has done and live up to fans' expectations for the position.

Political Hack
01-08-2015, 06:17 PM
I loved this kid. he can play. I'd be fine letting him compete. I think those three would really push each other.

engie
01-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Great freshman year, fell apart this year... Houston's offense did altogether. I haven't studied the situation, but it seems he lost all confidence. Sitting out a redshirt year and getting his confidence back would be great for him IMO...

Ifyouonlyknew
01-08-2015, 06:48 PM
His replacement Greg Ward Jr went 6-2. He threw for over 2000yds 12tds 7int (4int in 1 game). In his 8 starts Houston avg almost 35ppg. In O'Korn's they avg 27ppg. Again not sure what the hiccup was this year.