PDA

View Full Version : Conforto

FlabLoser
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM
He went beat mode on us. Is he still on a tear?

He is the only OSU guy that scares me. Unless they have a pitcher that starts dealing big time.

BeastMan
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Dude is a baller

SaltyDawg
06-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Went 1-4 last night with a double. And if I remember correctly it wasn't very well hit.

He's 7-12 in the CWS with 2 walks.

Goat Holder
06-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Main thing to remember on him is don't try to run on him. DID YOU HEAR ME MINGIONE YOU GRADE A GOAT?????

msstate7
06-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Went 1-4 last night with a double. And if I remember correctly it wasn't very well hit.

He's 7-12 in the CWS with 2 walks.

4 of those hits were in the first game vs us. He's 3-12 since

War Machine Dawg
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
I still wouldn't pitch to him. Make ANYONE else from OSU beat us. I know it's a small sample size, but that asshole seems to have our number.

msstate7
06-20-2013, 09:35 AM
I still wouldn't pitch to him. Make ANYONE else from OSU beat us. I know it's a small sample size, but that asshole seems to have our number.

Runner in scoring position with 1st base open, I'd walk em for sure

SaltyDawg
06-20-2013, 09:38 AM
OSU is the #3 national seed for a reason. They are not a 1-man team by any means. He has gone 3-8 since our game- the guy is really good but he's obvioulsy not invincible.

Don't let that guy beat us when it comes down to the wire, but I wouldn't go as far as saying don't pitch to him.

War Machine Dawg
06-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Define "1B open," 7. My definition: Any base open = 1B open. I've never understood why people say 1B "isn't open" when the other 2 bases have no runners.

And Salty, I'm not saying OSU isn't good. Hell, they're very good. But so are we. I still think you pitch the guy extremely carefully and take your chances with everyone else. Try to get him, but if he winds up walking, it isn't the end of the world. Like I said, I know it's an extremely small sample size, but Conforto seems to have our number.

SaltyDawg
06-20-2013, 09:56 AM
I agree, but he I'd throw to him with no one on base instead of giving a free pass (and by free pass I mean basically not giving him a pitch to hit).

msstate7
06-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Define "1B open," 7. My definition: Any base open = 1B open. I've never understood why people say 1B "isn't open" when the other 2 bases have no runners.

And Salty, I'm not saying OSU isn't good. Hell, they're very good. But so are we. I still think you pitch the guy extremely carefully and take your chances with everyone else. Try to get him, but if he winds up walking, it isn't the end of the world. Like I said, I know it's an extremely small sample size, but Conforto seems to have our number.

Runner on 2nd and/or 3rd with no one on 1st, I walk him. Runner on 1st and 2nd or just 1st, I pitch to him