PDA

View Full Version : Students are officially on the fire Rick Ray side

TheRef
01-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Student as he left the game yelled "Fire Rick Ray". Stricklin was in attendance. Looked miserable.

msstate7
01-07-2015, 11:52 PM
I would think with no one there that chant was pretty easy to hear

bluelightstar
01-07-2015, 11:52 PM
I was still a student when he was hired and students were on the fire Rick Ray side on day 1.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2015, 12:03 AM
I would think with no one there that chant was pretty easy to hear

Ha, bet it was clear who the guy was that chanted it too.

M.Fillmore
01-08-2015, 09:11 AM
Possible Germans: Any guess on the actual attendance?

Dawg61
01-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Ha, bet it was clear who the guy was that chanted it too.

Richard Williams say it on air?**

shannondawg
01-08-2015, 10:40 AM
All 5 of them?

DLGDawg
01-08-2015, 12:26 PM
A one man chant...lol

DudyDawg
01-08-2015, 12:34 PM
It's sad that for my entire college career I've never seen a decent basketball team here

Mens, that is

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-08-2015, 12:52 PM
It's sad that for my entire college career I've never seen a decent basketball team here

Mens, that is

At least you got to see some decent football teams. I didn't get that luxury.

DudyDawg
01-08-2015, 01:28 PM
At least you got to see some decent football teams. I didn't get that luxury.
Agreed. It's a fair trade off I suppose. But I don't think its too greedy to want it all

LibraryDawg
01-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Timmy Bowers tweeted this out this morning and Gregg Ellis and others from the athletic department went wild retweeting it:

Tim Bowers @tjbowers15 ? 4h 4 hours ago

It's our job as fans and alum to continue to uplift and support @HailStateMBK. This is the the time where they need us the most.

While I do agree we as fans should support the team, at the end of the day they have to put a product on the floor that people are willing to pay to see.

MadDawg
01-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Nobody followed that logic when Stans was here so we aren't changing now.

DudyDawg
01-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Timmy Bowers tweeted this out this morning and Gregg Ellis and others from the athletic department went wild retweeting it:

It's our job as fans and alum to continue to uplift and support @HailStateMBK. This is the the time where they need us the most.

While I do agree we as fans should support the team, at the end of the day they have to put a product on the floor that people are willing to pay to see.

Couldn't disagree more. When it boils down to it, sports are entertainment. You don't owe anything to support it, just like you dont owe anything to a movie or other form of entertainment. Yes, there is more of a loyalty factor, but when the opportunity cost of going to a men's basketball game is too high, that loyalty isnt enough. You have to give the people a product they want to see, not just rely on the name on the front of the jersey to get them there

Coach007
01-08-2015, 02:14 PM
In a quoting mood today.... As a good friend sang "What goes around comes around all the way back around".

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-08-2015, 02:15 PM

What would be their motivation to make a change if we keep going to all of the games? MBK is one of the few sports that actually can make money, and by having it lose money right now...that may be the most effective way to get some change going. I think it's good that fans are speaking with their wallet.

LibraryDawg
01-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Couldn't disagree more. When it boils down to it, sports are entertainment. You don't owe anything to support it, just like you dont owe anything to a movie or other form of entertainment. Yes, there is more of a loyalty factor, but when the opportunity cost of going to a men's basketball game is too high, that loyalty isnt enough. You have to give the people a product they want to see, not just rely on the name on the front of the jersey to get them there

What would be their motivation to make a change if we keep going to all of the games? MBK is one of the few sports that actually can make money, and by having it lose money right now...that may be the most effective way to get some change going. I think it's good that fans are speaking with their wallet.
I agree with you both. The only game I have been to this year is the FSU game and there had to be less than 250-300 people there. One of those in attendance was SS. He sat there with his head in his phone, uninterested, just like the majority of the rest of us. He has to see that the fan base has all but given up on the program. My point was that the athletic department is doing all they can, including using former players tweets, to get people in the stands. But, until there is a better product on the floor I don't see it happening.

Bucky Dog
01-08-2015, 03:25 PM
For what it's worth, apparently Stricklin is saying that he has another year regardless of what happens this year. I know he wants to say that to show support, and since he did hire him he may want to actually try and give him another year. I hope not. But being a good manager is being able to recognize and admit when you made a mistake and correct it.

campshelbydog
01-08-2015, 03:26 PM
My wife puts up with me going to every home and away (including Miami) football game that we have. By not going to shitty basketball games, I save up some good will for baseball games I can attend and not get scolded for it. Of course, I'd rather not go to the game anyway, but that's as good an excuse an any I guess. I'm not going to drive from Jackson to Starkville to watch this "basketball" team. Rick Ray should seriously donate a good portion of his salary back to Mississippi State. He has completely stolen a million dollars a year from this university.

RTO Dawg
01-08-2015, 03:47 PM

Mens, that is

My junior (96) year I slept in a tent just to get a ticket ....Richard Williams handing out donuts...

Dawg61
01-08-2015, 03:54 PM
For what it's worth, apparently Stricklin is saying that he has another year regardless of what happens this year. I know he wants to say that to show support, and since he did hire him he may want to actually try and give him another year. I hope not. But being a good manager is being able to recognize and admit when you made a mistake and correct it.

If that's true SS might as well fire himself because we all will want him gone too by the end of next season's disaster.

msstate7
01-08-2015, 05:13 PM

SS must be very secure in his job stability.

SS needs to look at lost revenue from non attendance. Is that lost money more important that Scott's pride?

CadaverDawg
01-08-2015, 05:24 PM
If you don't flush a turd for a year, it still smells like hell...only worse.

#FireRayYesterDay