PDA

View Full Version : What a complete shit show....

Dawgfan61
01-07-2015, 11:02 PM
At least the stands offense produced more than 40 points by the 4:00 mark!!

Glad we traded that dumpster fire for this one.

archdog
01-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Well we never push the pace, really cannot make a contested layout. No one slashes to the basket, no one can hit a 3 or a FT.

These playera can do more than what they are doing. It's the philosophy and mentality that is the problem. Looks like we don't have a single player that can hit a contested layup, make it, and draw a foul. We fell asleep for 3 minutes and they went on a 17-3 run. Heck they scored 8 of those in 10 seconds.

JohnnyQuid
01-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Sure are playing hard********

maroonmania
01-07-2015, 11:38 PM
Over the years we have had some bad teams at times in various sports but this basketball team we have this year is just plain out unwatchable. I have never seen a collection of so many D1 players with so little offensive skills. Seriously, you could gather 10 people off the street at random and they would likely have more shooting ability than the players we have on scholarship for basketball. I mean at least if we were losing 85-75 every game there would still potentially be some entertainment value. This crap of seeing every game whether or not we can break 50 is for the birds.

bluelightstar
01-07-2015, 11:53 PM
Ray is a remarkable 7-30 in SEC play.

ScottH
01-08-2015, 12:22 AM
If dunking were not allowed, I would play each member of our team in HORSE for Ray's salary.

I can make free throws and I can make 3's. I have a distinct advantage.

I can't fathom a worse shooting college team.

May Kentucky have mercy upon us.

Dawg61
01-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Ray is a remarkable 7-30 in SEC play.

Lost 14 SEC regular season games in a row

yjnkdawg
01-08-2015, 01:22 AM
If dunking were not allowed, I would play each member of our team in HORSE for Ray's salary.

I can make free throws and I can make 3's. I have a distinct advantage.

I can't fathom a worse shooting college team.

May Kentucky have mercy upon us.

We made 11 out of 36 two point shots from the field ( 30.6%). We made 1 out of 9 three pointers ( 11.1%). We made 24 out of 44 free throws with some misses on the front end of a one and one (54.5%).

99jc
01-08-2015, 07:51 AM
We made 11 out of 36 two point shots from the field ( 30.6%). We made 1 out of 9 three pointers ( 11.1%). We made 24 out of 44 free throws with some misses on the front end of a one and one (54.5%).

SEC games this season.

dogshiek
01-08-2015, 08:23 AM

SouthMsDawg
01-08-2015, 08:30 AM
But but but we beat Florida State

Hate to give the Ray pumper a a reality check but this is gonna be a long long season.

thedawg
01-08-2015, 09:15 AM
I watched last night until i got too frustrated with about ten minutes to go... I don't understand why we are that bad.. It really doesn't make sense.. Ware and Chicken have regressed offensively... Daniels is a non factor... In the first half we played with relentless effort but we cant score so it doesn't matter... Literally we cant score.... Like if its not a run out in transition our chances of scoring in a half court offense feels like 1% or worse... I've never seen a major college basketball team so bad on offense... I was pulling hard for Rick Ray but goodness I cant even watch it

fishwater99
01-08-2015, 02:20 PM
At least the stands offense produced more than 40 points by the 4:00 mark!!

Glad we traded that dumpster fire for this one.

This has nothing to do with Stands... Scott made a bad hire and it is showing. Rick Ray needs to go...

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2015, 02:34 PM
The bad hre had everything to do with the way stans was fired. All we had to do was wait ONE year.

Coach34
01-08-2015, 02:52 PM
The bad hre had everything to do with the way stans was fired. All we had to do was wait ONE year.

no- the bad hire was because of the culture of the program and all 5 starters leaving with garbage behind them. Everybody saw it was going to be an extreme overhaul and didn't want that burden.

Even if Stands had coached one more year- that team would have still been god-awful. Sword, Thomas, Ware, Johnson and crew would have still been shitty young players no matter who the coach was. Wendell would have still been lazy. Steele would have still been injury-prone. None of the guys that were run off did anything after leaving Sville. There's a reason for that.

defiantdog
01-08-2015, 02:52 PM
I don't even care to watch us play anymore. Scott needs to hurry and make a decision before the rest of our fan base starts acting like me.

Goat from MSU
01-08-2015, 03:32 PM
You are right about the guys that left none has shown anything except Hood .Some did not make it to school or left during school .Lewis is the only one playing now.But with that said we could have done better than Ray . By the way if you had the money who would you get as next coach this spring.
no- the bad hire was because of the culture of the program and all 5 starters leaving with garbage behind them. Everybody saw it was going to be an extreme overhaul and didn't want that burden.

Even if Stands had coached one more year- that team would have still been god-awful. Sword, Thomas, Ware, Johnson and crew would have still been shitty young players no matter who the coach was. Wendell would have still been lazy. Steele would have still been injury-prone. None of the guys that were run off did anything after leaving Sville. There's a reason for that.

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2015, 03:43 PM

And had it been god-awful, and it probably would have been, then you could have fired him and everyone would have agreed. It wouldn't have looked as BAD as it did to non-MSU people then either. The hire would have been better. Scott caved too soon to a very vocal minority. ONE year would have made a LOT of difference.

drunkernhelldawg
01-08-2015, 03:54 PM
I watched last night until i got too frustrated with about ten minutes to go... I don't understand why we are that bad.. It really doesn't make sense.. Ware and Chicken have regressed offensively... Daniels is a non factor... In the first half we played with relentless effort but we cant score so it doesn't matter... Literally we cant score.... Like if its not a run out in transition our chances of scoring in a half court offense feels like 1% or worse... I've never seen a major college basketball team so bad on offense... I was pulling hard for Rick Ray but goodness I cant even watch it

First time ever I've turned off a State game before it was over. damnitshit****.

Thick
01-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Never ever, ever have I seen a team that are that flat can't make perimeter shots. The first 5 minutes was enough to make anyone with a smidge of bball knowledge violently ill. We can't even pass the ball, just flat pathetic.

Percho
01-08-2015, 06:37 PM
It was 12-0 when I tuned in. Could not believe it. Then because we were playing fair defense and Tenn. was playing like crap we made a move, however it got to 12-7 and stayed there forever because both teams looked like crap. We finely went ahead for a munite or so and then the wheels came off again. With about 10 min left in the game I just could not watch anymore and went to something else.

dawgs
01-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Thing is, those guys looked better as freshmen with no depth behind them than they do as juniors with a few guys that can sub in off the bench. That's just not a good sign for ray's player development. After 2012-2013, I though ray did about as good as possible. Maybe coach K could've squeezed a couple more Ws out of that roster, but generally i was mildly optimistic. Since then we haven't developed and improved individual skills, we haven't recruited, and we haven't improved as a team in the system. It's embarrassing, and I'm just happy MBB has dropped off enough in popularity that I don't have to hear shit about how bad we are.

drunkernhelldawg
01-08-2015, 07:51 PM

It would have been amazing to see such a contrast with the same coach. possible I guess.