PDA

View Full Version : MSU Football Thoughts (2014 & Going Forward)

BeastMan
01-07-2015, 12:48 PM
http://3rdand57.com/msu-footballs-2014-and-going-forward/

Things have been hectic for a while and I haven't had a chance to write much. Finally got to sit down with some coffee today. Hope yall enjoy. Any feedback is appreciated.

missouridawg
01-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Who is projecting Preston Smith into the first day of the draft?

missouridawg
01-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Also, it's Chris Jones. Not Christ Jones. Although, I hope he plays like a deity next year.

BeastMan
01-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Who is projecting Preston Smith into the first day of the draft?

CL article before the egg bowl with an exec from the AFC saying he's possibly a first rounder

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/11/28/msu-preston-smith-draft-stock-soars-egg-bowl/19621525/

msstate7
01-07-2015, 01:51 PM
CL article before the egg bowl with an exec from the AFC saying he's possibly a first rounder

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/11/28/msu-preston-smith-draft-stock-soars-egg-bowl/19621525/

I would be shocked. I love Preston and hope he does, but he disappeared by the end of the season. Again, I hope I'm wrong

Irondawg
01-07-2015, 01:53 PM
The red zone inefficiency is a killer and it really showed up in the Orange Bowl. We seemingly also have a wasted play call, have a penalty or drop a pass down there.

While Shumpert did well the last few games, the problem is him is always going to be can he break a 20+ yard run? Robinson could get caught from behind but you knew he could also burst for an explosive play at any time.

maroonmania
01-07-2015, 01:54 PM
I think, at least at this point, I would disagree that FG kicking is an issue going forward. I've seen enough from Sobiesk at this point that I have confidence in him. I actually now have as much or more concern in Bell's punting as I do in Sobe's FG kicking.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-07-2015, 01:55 PM
I think Preston probably goes in the 3rd or 4th. Which is a hell of a lot better than he was projected before the season started. He made himself a lot of money.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
As for Sobiesk I think we found out what he is. He can kick pretty well from under 40. I am not going to bitch too much about it. At least Mullen knows his range and can count on him for that.

BeastMan
01-07-2015, 01:57 PM
I think Preston probably goes in the 3rd or 4th. Which is a hell of a lot better than he was projected before the season started. He made himself a lot of money.

I agree. Dude made himself a lot of scratch. I thought the cL article saying 1st rd was a stretch but that why I worded it like I did.

BeastMan
01-07-2015, 01:59 PM
I think, at least at this point, I would disagree that FG kicking is an issue going forward. I've seen enough from Sobiesk at this point that I have confidence in him. I actually now have as much or more concern in Bell's punting as I do in Sobe's FG kicking.

Sobes did well this year but you can't deny Mullen seriously lacked some confidence in the kicking game at times. Someone said the other day that Sobes was graduating. Without him there is most certainly a big question mark going forward

maroonmania
01-07-2015, 02:05 PM
As for Sobiesk I think we found out what he is. He can kick pretty well from under 40. I am not going to bitch too much about it. At least Mullen knows his range and can count on him for that.

I'll take accuracy over distance any day of the week but I think he is good out to 45. He was 12-14 for the year (long of 45) and one of those misses in the Egg Bowl he just barely missed where he had to kick right on the laces.

maroonmania
01-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Sobes did well this year but you can't deny Mullen seriously lacked some confidence in the kicking game at times. Someone said the other day that Sobes was graduating. Without him there is most certainly a big question mark going forward

I hope that's not true. Would definitely put our FG kicking situation back to square one. Sobes would only be a JR next year in eligibility.

sandwolf
01-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Someone said the other day that Sobes was graduating. Without him there is most certainly a big question mark going forward

Yea, someone posted something on genespage not too long ago about him moving on to start dental school or something like that. It was the first that I had heard of it, so hopefully there is nothing to it.

BeastMan
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Yea, someone posted something on genespage not too long ago about him moving on to start dental school or something like that. It was the first that I had heard of it, so hopefully there is nothing to it.

That's it. I also agree with you 100%