PDA

View Full Version : Big game for ray tonight

msstate7
01-07-2015, 11:28 AM
I think this is a must win (or very close) for Ray. If we want to come anywhere near .500 in sec play, this is a must. We've got ware back, chicken getting close to back, and Houston back -- no excuses.

How you think this team responds tonight?

thf24
01-07-2015, 11:55 AM
No clue, but it will definitely be an indicator as to whether the December losing streak or the FSU game was the exception for the first part of the season. I'd still be very interested to know if some kind of behind-the-scenes issue was going on during that terrible stretch and if it's been worked out as of FSU. We aren't what you'd call an extremely talented team by any stretch of the imagination, but there is absolutely no reason given what we've got that we should have been as bad as we have been under normal circumstances, no matter who the coach is.

Irondawg
01-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Agree, this is a big game. And I'm getting torn on how I want this to go. I don't think Ray's the answer as despite his improved recruiting, I'm not sold on the system he runs.

But on the other hand, you clearly have a set of players stepping up and trying to show some leadership which is something we haven't seen in a while so I want those guys to be successful.

sleepy dawg
01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
At this point, I can't see myself picking us to win a single SEC game... We will win some, but there is no team we are currently better than.

Political Hack
01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
LMAO. Yeah, we have a "big game" this season in basketball.

I realize you said "for Ray," which is key. Because this is not a "big game" for anyone else in the free world.

Spider-Man
01-07-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm certainly not rooting against us. Hope we win. I was disappointed with the non-conference schedule, but SEC time is a new year, new season. We have a chance to get on track and show significant improvement.

thedawg
01-07-2015, 12:45 PM
As someone else has said on here... I am rooting for 6-12 or 12-6 to get the fanbase all on the same page one way or another

Liverpooldawg
01-07-2015, 12:51 PM
I think this is a must win (or very close) for Ray. If we want to come anywhere near .500 in sec play, this is a must. We've got ware back, chicken getting close to back, and Houston back -- no excuses.

How you think this team responds tonight?

We haven't had a big game in men's basketball in at least 2 1/2 years. I see no prospect of having one anytime soon either.

Political Hack
01-07-2015, 12:51 PM
As someone else has said on here... I am rooting for 6-12 or 12-6 to get the fanbase all on the same page one way or another

4-14 got him a damn extension with this administration. 6-12 may get him a lifetime contract.

99jc
01-07-2015, 01:07 PM
4-14 got him a damn extension with this administration. 6-12 may get him a lifetime contract.

rr sucks

msstate7
01-07-2015, 01:11 PM
rr sucks

If you got points, you did well

drunkernhelldawg
01-07-2015, 01:27 PM
I think we start with a lot of energy. If the shots fall, the energy continues. If not, total meltdown by the end of the first half.

drunkernhelldawg
01-07-2015, 01:32 PM

12-6 and I'll be looking for somebody out walking on the water. The problem is that the fanbase is solid negative, and even a respectable 8 or 9 conference wins probably won't turn it around. In other words, only one of these scenarios is actually possible. I personally feel we should stick with Ray if he can keep the team's performances respectable through the conference season. If you bust a new chair over somebody's head, don't take it back to the store and complain that it's broken.

Goat from MSU
01-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Hack is it true on the extenison ,as I stated before that is the most dumbass thing I ever heard of .

msstate7
01-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Hack is it true on the extenison ,as I stated before that is the most dumbass thing I ever heard of .

Until kentucky extended stoops with a raise this year. Both were dumb moves

thf24
01-07-2015, 02:13 PM
rr sucks

Great move, especially considering how great the last time you supposedly bet on an MSU men's basketball game turned out.

engie
01-07-2015, 02:17 PM

I haven't seen any solid proof that he got an extension. Anyone got the link? Outside of one poster that was peddling an anti-Strick agenda, it's never been discussed that I've seen. Someone should tweet it to Bonner -- as it's subject to open records request...

Goat from MSU
01-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Paul Jones at 24/7 says no . If he got one it was kept quiet.
I haven't seen any solid proof that he got an extension. Anyone got the link? Outside of one poster that was peddling an anti-Strick agenda, it's never been discussed that I've seen. Someone should tweet it to Bonner -- as it's subject to open records request...

Political Hack
01-07-2015, 02:47 PM
well maybe he didn't. I took it as "fact" from here. didn't realize there was a debate ongoing.

if not, that's a little reassuring that we may not have the dumbest group of individuals in the world running our multi-million athletic department.

Goat from MSU
01-07-2015, 04:08 PM
I took it as fact too . I do not want to pay him anymore than we have to. Truth be known Ray needs this game tonight ,it will go a long way toward his stay here.
well maybe he didn't. I took it as "fact" from here. didn't realize there was a debate ongoing.

if not, that's a little reassuring that we may not have the dumbest group of individuals in the world running our multi-million athletic department.

defiantdog
01-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Might as well start talking about the Spring game and baseball..... I have a feeling we'll all abandon basketball after tonight.