PDA

View Full Version : Left Field Lofts

messageboardsuperhero
01-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Stricklin just tweeted out a new teaser rendering from the future lofts... Could we be getting closer to some new information?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6stUZUIMAA1tpT.jpg

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Have to admit, I am going to miss this:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/296/files/2014/02/LFL.jpg

thunderclap
01-06-2015, 05:56 PM

Me too.

ScottH
01-06-2015, 06:22 PM
At 50k-60k a year with a 5 year commitment, will it be the most expensive apartment in iIssissippi?

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Me too.

Me three. This IS Miss State baseball.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-06-2015, 06:26 PM
At 50k-60k a year with a 5 year commitment, will it be the most expensive apartment in iIssissippi?

That's like NYC prices

CadaverDawg
01-06-2015, 06:36 PM

Me too. But in the big picture it will be better

ScottH
01-06-2015, 07:18 PM
That's like NYC prices

That's funny you said that. As I typed it I though of a friend who has a small (1000 sq ft) apt in NYC on the Upper East side for less than a Left Field Loft in Starkville.

Sorta bizarre when you put it in that perspective

MsStateBaseball
01-06-2015, 07:55 PM
They will give out more info by start of season. I bet they have lots more videos, etc just like football. We are on the cusp of greatness.

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
That's funny you said that. As I typed it I though of a friend who has a small (1000 sq ft) apt in NYC on the Upper East side for less than a Left Field Loft in Starkville.

Sorta bizarre when you put it in that perspective

that's where he lives... this is just for weekends and won't be most people's place of residence.

MsStateBaseball
01-06-2015, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't put it past Scott that they build the Lofts after 2015 season. Why not?

Todd4State
01-06-2015, 08:41 PM
I always laugh at Vandy fans that brag about getting six figure salaries at graduation- knowing that they are spending 5K a month on a small apartment in New York City. My cousin lives in Manhatten and he has played the NYC apartment game and now he lives by Central Park and has done pretty well.

Homedawg
01-06-2015, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't put it past Scott that they build the Lofts after 2015 season. Why not?

No chance. The project might be done in phases anyway. And the only thing I've heard that is possible to be left out is those. Not saying they will, just they aren't top priority and they could come after. But they won't be built first.

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 09:56 PM
No chance. The project might be done in phases anyway. And the only thing I've heard that is possible to be left out is those. Not saying they will, just they aren't top priority and they could come after. But they won't be built first.

yeah, heard similar stuff. that they're gauging "pre-sale interest" now and then will decide how many to build later. Which, to me, means "zero" could also still be in play. The fact that they're releasing the pictures and made the announcement either means they're going to push it to see what interest they can get because they're not getting much, or that they've gotten positive feedback and plan to move forward with it.

I hope they move forward with it, but can also understand the concerns of over building with no a ability to sale at 50k... I actually think they'll end up being closer to 30k, if not lower.

Mjoelner34
01-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Me three. This IS Miss State baseball.

Me four. At least we have two more years to enjoy it before the tradition is destroyed.

BossDawg
01-06-2015, 10:31 PM
And the only thing I've heard that is possible to be left out is those. Not saying they will, just they aren't top priority and they could come after.

I doubt they will get built. This is MSU, and we just can't have anything nice and unique to set ourselves way ahead of the pack. We've gotta let everybody else do their thing first. I wish we could have just one thing to blow everyone's shit out of the water, and baseball would be perfect. (Yeah, just the thought of omitting the LF Lofts is pissing me off.)

nsvltndog
01-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Those are definitely tough to price - very unique - nothing like it anywhere to compare it to - but you are talking $500K over a 10 year period for something you will never own. I suspect very little of it is tax deductible like premium seating b/c it will likely be considered a residence by IRS rules. It sure would be a nice toy to have though.

engie
01-06-2015, 11:19 PM
I doubt they will get built. This is MSU, and we just can't have anything nice and unique to set ourselves way ahead of the pack. We've gotta let everybody else do their thing first. I wish we could have just one thing to blow everyone's shit out of the water, and baseball would be perfect. (Yeah, just the thought of omitting the LF Lofts is pissing me off.)

Us being MSU is exactly why they are going to get built. We are the Joneses when it comes to baseball investment. Been that way for a full generation now.

These aren't getting omitted -- because they are going to be a primary moneymaker that affords building the whole thing.

Bothrops
01-06-2015, 11:47 PM
One thing is for sure, if we don't build the loft apartments, some other school will. Then a new trend will start in college baseball and that other school will get the recognition and credit for it. So, I think we build them. Maybe start out with slightly fewer than planned.

FlabLoser
01-07-2015, 12:11 AM
Me too. But in the big picture it will be better

Yep. The LFL is still going to exist in the form of permanent structures.

Dawg61
01-07-2015, 12:52 AM
Price is retarded too high for something you don't eventually own. 2k a month is more realistic.

SheltonChoked
01-07-2015, 08:23 AM
You all realize this is close to the same $$$$ as a football skybox right?
You know we sold 22 of those this year. And with the baseball boxes you get to use it more weekends with a sport. Plus as a place to stay for football and other stuff.

I don't think price is the issue.

Political Hack
01-07-2015, 09:08 AM
You all realize this is close to the same $$$$ as a football skybox right?
You know we sold 22 of those this year. And with the baseball boxes you get to use it more weekends with a sport. Plus as a place to stay for football and other stuff.

I don't think price is the issue.

that's part of the problem. the same people who would be interested in buying theses already own skyboxes at that price point. They gonna double their annual commitment?

I love the idea. I just hope they don't price themselves out of the market.

Aces High
01-07-2015, 09:10 AM
I see no way they sell all these at 60k per year. I dont know what they are thinking. College sports is becoming ridiculous.

SheltonChoked
01-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Maybe. I do know of at least several people who are more interested in the baseball skyboxes / Lounge apartments than Football skyboxes.

I'm confident this is being thought out more (I've heard too much rumbling about interest). Maybe the price point will move. Maybe they let up on how many days you are allowed to use them.

Political Hack
01-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Maybe. I do know of at least several people who are more interested in the baseball skyboxes / Lounge apartments than Football skyboxes.

I'm confident this is being thought out more (I've heard too much rumbling about interest). Maybe the price point will move. Maybe they let up on how many days you are allowed to use them.

they'd better be full time accessible condos for $50k lt higher.. and even then, they're going to have trouble selling a lot of them.

maroonmania
01-07-2015, 02:57 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't get built even if they had to lower the original price estimate. Whereever the price/demand point meets its still going to be plenty to make good money for the university.

Dawg496
01-07-2015, 03:00 PM
I know a lot of folks who'd be priced out at $50k.. maybe half that would be something I'd be all over. Probably $3k/month is the sweet spot for a lot of young families I'd imagine.

Johnson85
01-07-2015, 03:55 PM
yeah, heard similar stuff. that they're gauging "pre-sale interest" now and then will decide how many to build later. Which, to me, means "zero" could also still be in play. The fact that they're releasing the pictures and made the announcement either means they're going to push it to see what interest they can get because they're not getting much, or that they've gotten positive feedback and plan to move forward with it.

I hope they move forward with it, but can also understand the concerns of over building with no a ability to sale at 50k... I actually think they'll end up being closer to 30k, if not lower.

Why would they need to sell at $50k? If they build 1200 sq ft lofts and rented them out at $2k per month, that'd be $800 more per month than similarly sized, brand new high end apartments typically go for in Mississippi (excluding those built on particularly pricey land, which is not an issue here). If they could do 10, that should be at least an extra $10k per month to go towards the stadium costs. If they can rent them for closer to $3k (which seems possible if they are open to be lived in), then they'd probably put more like $2k per apartment per month towards the stadium costs.

The only downside is that you might be taking up valuable land that could be used for something else and/or you might cannabalize some skybox sales, but over all it seems like something that would be hard to lose money on.

engie
01-07-2015, 04:19 PM
They are only trying to lease 25 of them. Would seem the whole point is to price out all but the top 25. The price is definitely extremely high, but I imagine the pricing point has been carefully calculated to have at least 25, but less than 50, likely suitors.

Big picture -- these will bring in $1.25mil per year to the program. That's a huge dent in our total baseball season ticket-related income at this point in time.

engie
01-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Why would they need to sell at $50k? If they build 1200 sq ft lofts and rented them out at $2k per month, that'd be $800 more per month than similarly sized, brand new high end apartments typically go for in Mississippi (excluding those built on particularly pricey land, which is not an issue here). If they could do 10, that should be at least an extra $10k per month to go towards the stadium costs. If they can rent them for closer to $3k (which seems possible if they are open to be lived in), then they'd probably put more like $2k per apartment per month towards the stadium costs.

The only downside is that you might be taking up valuable land that could be used for something else and/or you might cannabalize some skybox sales, but over all it seems like something that would be hard to lose money on.

The very idea of luxury seating is not to make it affordable. It's to make it as expensive as you possibly can while still finding a way to fill all the slots. If they can't lease a sufficient number of them at $50k, the price will come down to whatever price point allows them to be filled.

Why bring in half the money on something that you otherwise could in the name of affordability?

SheltonChoked
01-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Pretty sure young families are not the target demographic.

smootness
01-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't get built even if they had to lower the original price estimate. Whereever the price/demand point meets its still going to be plenty to make good money for the university.

Exactly. The only way they'll be excluded is if they can come up with another idea that will bring in even more money. But just building nothing wouldn't make any sense. It doesn't really matter what the market price ends up being; it will still be better than nothing. These will be built.

messageboardsuperhero
01-07-2015, 08:43 PM
UPDATE:

Now he's tweeting a picture from one of the suites and calling it the Diamond Suite... Surely Stricklin is only doing all this because he's just having such a hard time selling them- has nothing to do with building up excitement due to baseball season coming up and a possible impending announcement.***

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6yR98tCUAABTbB.jpg:large

engie
01-07-2015, 09:11 PM
That offers alot more insight to layout than we've had before...