PDA

View Full Version : BMac Declared?

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 01:04 PM
I know it's sort of a foregone conclusion that he's gone, but does anyone know why he hasn't officially (or publicly) declared yet?

You don't want to do it on the same day everyone else is. He needs to do it before so he gets a little a little solo time in the spot light.

NCDawg
01-06-2015, 01:21 PM
I think one more year under Diaz would really boost his stock, but whatever he wants to do, I wish him the best.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2015, 01:25 PM
I think one more year under Diaz would really boost his stock, but whatever he wants to do, I wish him the best.

Would love to see him in Manny's system. Wright & White would agree. That being said....He gone.

Coach34
01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
This is pure rumor:

said he got a 2nd-3rd round grade and was considering a possible return to go for 1st round

MetEdDawg
01-06-2015, 01:45 PM
B Mac was hurt by 3 things this year:
1) Getting up early on teams. Teams threw an insane amount on us because of the big leads we got early in the year. That limited the number of run plays we saw, which in turn kept B Mac's stats down.

2) Playing today's SEC spread offenses really limits his ability to put up big stats too. Between TAMU, OM, UAB, Auburn, and a couple others that sprinkle it in more now, he just doesn't see the same types of offenses that a guy like Cam saw when he was getting over 100 tackles a year just a few short years ago.

3) 1A/1B. Just really limited his total number of snaps.

He's still a bit raw but it's very clear to me why a team would draft him high. He's got the measureables and he's a film nut. But I think coming back his last year with Manny as his DC and position coach would have the potential to pay off for him big time.

msstate7
01-06-2015, 01:46 PM
This is pure rumor:

said he got a 2nd-3rd round grade and was considering a possible return to go for 1st round

If this is correct, BM could really boost his draft stock by rushing off the end next season. Shoulda done it this year

(Not saying just de)

FlabLoser
01-06-2015, 01:49 PM
This is pure rumor:

I think that would be smart. His stock isn't going lower and it could go a lot higher.

Injury potential for LBs is low.

Not much risk. Lots of potential for reward.

maroonmania
01-06-2015, 01:55 PM
B Mac was hurt by 3 things this year:
1) Getting up early on teams. Teams threw an insane amount on us because of the big leads we got early in the year. That limited the number of run plays we saw, which in turn kept B Mac's stats down.

2) Playing today's SEC spread offenses really limits his ability to put up big stats too. Between TAMU, OM, UAB, Auburn, and a couple others that sprinkle it in more now, he just doesn't see the same types of offenses that a guy like Cam saw when he was getting over 100 tackles a year just a few short years ago.

3) 1A/1B. Just really limited his total number of snaps.

He's still a bit raw but it's very clear to me why a team would draft him high. He's got the measureables and he's a film nut. But I think coming back his last year with Manny as his DC and position coach would have the potential to pay off for him big time.

The Orange Bowl should have been a game for him to make a big impact in but he really didn't.

Fred Garvin
01-06-2015, 01:56 PM
This is pure rumor:

I heard the same rumor at the Orange Bowl Alumni get-together - that both he and Dak would be back.

thunderclap
01-06-2015, 01:57 PM
If you think 1B pissed us off, imagine if you were a starting linebacker in the SEC with first round potential.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Would be Huge if he came back. Not only bc he's a beast, but bc he's a leader too. Wish there was a way to get him, Benny, Richie, and Gerri on the field at the same time if he comes back

maroonmania
01-06-2015, 02:10 PM
If you think 1B pissed us off, imagine if you were a starting linebacker in the SEC with first round potential.

I'm sure he wants to have a long talk with Diaz at this point before deciding.

engie
01-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Our top 2 linebackers under Diaz in 2010 - 208 tackles, 23.5 TFL, 9 Sacks
Under Collins in 2013 - 134 tackles , 13 TFL, 5.5 Sacks
in 2014 - 133 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 7 Sacks

Chris White had more TFL and SACKS by himself in 2010 than Wells and McKinney combined for in 2013, and half a sack more and only one less TFL than they combined for in 2014. He was within 24 and 23 tackles of their combined production by himself in 2010.

If we play these stats right in recruiting, linebackers should be LINING UP to play in this system...

Really Clark?
01-06-2015, 02:37 PM

Chris White had more TFL and SACKS by himself in 2010 than Wells and McKinney combined for in 2013, and half a sack more and only one less TFL than they combined for in 2014. He was within 24 and 23 tackles of their combined production by himself in 2010.

If we play these stats right in recruiting, linebackers should be LINING UP to play in this system...

Yep. And a lot of these same type of numbers play through Texas and LA Tech. The DL did have more sacks with him in Texas but then again he had a really good pass rusher to.

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 02:41 PM
he may have hurt his draft stock pretty bad with the Egg Bowl and GaTech games. He was a potential 1st rounder going in, but now he's looking lower. Coming back could be the difference in MILLIONS over his first 3-4 years.

Sacrifice
01-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Yeah watching him stand on the sideline half the game was ridiculous...

Bucky Dog
01-06-2015, 03:02 PM
A friend mentioned that BMac wore braces on both knees in the OB and hadn't all year. Felt he was trying to protect himself. Not saying I blame him or anything but I also feel like the last few games were not his best

Dawg61
01-06-2015, 03:08 PM
This is pure rumor:

That's surprising. Every mock draft I've seen has him in the 20th pick overall range.

Statefan
01-06-2015, 03:10 PM
A friend mentioned that BMac wore braces on both knees in the OB and hadn't all year. Felt he was trying to protect himself. Not saying I blame him or anything but I also feel like the last few games were not his best

That could have been because of GTech's scheme and the cut blocking they do

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 03:37 PM
That's surprising. Every mock draft I've seen has him in the 20th pick overall range.

he doesn't shed blocks like an all-pro LB, which may make him hard to justify with a 1st pick. Be interesting to see if he's slid any in the latest mock drafts. If he comes out, I really want him to be a first rounder. If it's even in question, he should come back and solidify that spot.

quickstrike2
01-06-2015, 03:43 PM
I would be surprised if he came back, but very happy that he'd be a part of next years team.

Barking 13
01-06-2015, 04:48 PM
I've been wondering this myself.. been awful quiet...

Irondawg
01-06-2015, 05:03 PM
he doesn't shed blocks like an all-pro LB, which may make him hard to justify with a 1st pick. Be interesting to see if he's slid any in the latest mock drafts. If he comes out, I really want him to be a first rounder. If it's even in question, he should come back and solidify that spot.

I agree with this. He's got the measurables but when I watch the game he doesn't consistently jump out as a playmaker which is what teams want out of first round guys. I've always thought we should have rushed him off the edge more where some poor RB has to block him or he can blow by a tackle.

I'd love to hear some NFL scout takes on where they seem him fitting in various systems. His combine numbers I think would really help him, but if he did get a 2-3rd round grade it becomes a really tough decision for him.

Coach007
01-06-2015, 07:19 PM
This is pure rumor:

He can not return. He has already signed with an agent.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2015, 07:27 PM

I know JRob has but have not heard that about BMac.

engie
01-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I know JRob has but have not heard that about BMac.

same

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 08:00 PM

if BMac has signed with an agent, and they haven't announced his decision to declare early yet, he chose the WRONG agent. Give the guy his moment in the spotlight. Why wait until the same day everybody else makes their final decision? Do it when he can have the spotlight all to himself, on a slow news day... before the national championship.

sbcmortgageman
01-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Doesn't he and Dak have until the 15th at latest? That's next week so I'm ready to see for sure.

Todd4State
01-06-2015, 08:36 PM
I always thought that McKinney coming back would be a good thing for him, but I also don't know what his home situation is like. I think Robinson should have come back as well, but I don't fault him because of his home situation.

BoomBoom
01-06-2015, 08:47 PM
I agree with this. He's got the measurables but when I watch the game he doesn't consistently jump out as a playmaker which is what teams want out of first round guys. I've always thought we should have rushed him off the edge more where some poor RB has to block him or he can blow by a tackle.

I'd love to hear some NFL scout takes on where they seem him fitting in various systems. His combine numbers I think would really help him, but if he did get a 2-3rd round grade it becomes a really tough decision for him.

agreed, he misses too many tackles for a 1st round LB. granted, he doesn't miss many, but it's a high bar.

HoopsDawg
01-06-2015, 08:47 PM
I always thought that McKinney coming back would be a good thing for him, but I also don't know what his home situation is like. I think Robinson should have come back as well, but I don't fault him because of his home situation.

B-mac is going pro. But if he came back, Manny should move him to OLB ala KJ Wright. Mckinney is not physical enough to play MLB in the NFL.

Todd4State
01-06-2015, 08:58 PM
If I were Manny, I would use him at MLB/OLB and DE. That would help his draft stock a lot.

smootness
01-06-2015, 09:02 PM

If Robinson is going to be drafted, then he made the right decision, and I would say that for any RB. You just aren't going to increase your stock by much, if any, by coming back, and you take that extra year of wear and tear and use it playing in the NFL. He made the right move.

Coach34
01-06-2015, 09:56 PM

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015_2.php

This mock has him at 42 overall to the Falcons

Coach34
01-06-2015, 09:58 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24935958/nfl-mock-draft-eagles-soar-with-brett-hundley

This one doesnt mention him in Round 1 either

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2015, 10:05 PM
This one has him going 19.

Its scout, so not sure how much stock to put into it.

http://profootball.scout.com/story/1493452-2015-nfl-draft-mock-3-0

DudyDawg
01-06-2015, 10:17 PM
The thing about him is I think he has the physical gifts to go round one without the stats, and with the amount of stock put into the combine, he can easily shoot up after showing how much of a freak he is. Lots of teams are in love with the numbers they'll see at the combine

Dawgfan77
01-07-2015, 08:20 AM
BMAC would get lost sometimes on the field and has a tough time in coverage. He is going to be a hybrid de lb in the NFL. Both Dak and BMAC should take out an insurance policy with Lloyd's and come back for the SR year.

Dawg61
01-07-2015, 10:40 AM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2015_2.php

This mock has him at 42 overall to the Falcons

That mock also has EIGHT Florida State players going in the first two rounds. Wtf. Eight. Haha

PMDawg
01-07-2015, 12:12 PM

And on top of that, we lost 3 of our last 4 games, so the whole "theory" behind 1A/1B was shattered anyway. No reason to EVER EVER do it again. But since Mullen is the coach, I will be shocked if we don't do it again next year.

Really Clark?
01-07-2015, 12:25 PM
And on top of that, we lost 3 of our last 4 games, so the whole "theory" behind 1A/1B was shattered anyway. No reason to EVER EVER do it again. But since Mullen is the coach, I will be shocked if we don't do it again next year.

Because Mullen has done it the previous years as well? I don't think he did. They may do it again or tweak it or change back or try something different. But it's not like he has this long track record of doing that every year.

Johnson85
01-07-2015, 12:50 PM
Because Mullen has done it the previous years as well? I don't think he did. They may do it again or tweak it or change back or try something different. But it's not like he has this long track record of doing that every year.

This is the first year we've had the combination of 1st team talent that we could overcome some mistakes and 2nd string talent that it wasn't suicide.

I'm not sure if it was Collins or Mullen that started it, but I think Mullen liked it. He clearly tried on offense we just didn't have the talent to really do it.

I agree that we likely will not see it as much next year because we won't have so many starters on defense that we have to prepare replacements for, but I would expect we will continue to see an emphasis on getting backups experience, especially when they are backing up a junior or senior. And I like that. It's risky because we're just not going to have a lot of games where we have a significant margin of error, but I do think it helps keep the program steady and keeps younger players focused b/c they know they are going to get meaningful minutes.

NCDawg
01-07-2015, 12:53 PM
BMAC would get lost sometimes on the field and has a tough time in coverage. He is going to be a hybrid de lb in the NFL. Both Dak and BMAC should take out an insurance policy with Lloyd's and come back for the SR year.

I agree with you, but we have been informed by a person on this forum who states that he has already signed with an agent. Obviously, he wouldn't dare post such a thing unless he was 100% sure that this was a fact.

chef dixon
01-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Honestly for his sake, he should have gone last year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Is it more about getting reps for players that will be replacing players the next year or is it that Mullen knows it's a longer season now with the playoffs and he's trying to manage our "depth" in the event we made it that far?