PDA

View Full Version : In the way out there rumor department...

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2015, 08:04 AM
saw on a FB message board someone floating the rumor of Braxton Miller possibly looking into transferring here should Dak bolt for the league due to the Meyer / Mullen connection. Has anybody else seen anything regarding that.

Thick
01-06-2015, 08:19 AM
I haven't but that definitely makes sense. That would be nice if Urban and Dan could work a transfer "agreement".

BeardoMSU
01-06-2015, 08:22 AM
saw on a FB message board someone floating the rumor of Braxton Miller possibly looking into transferring here should Dak bolt for the league due to the Meyer / Mullen connection. Has anybody else seen anything regarding that.

I'd rather Dak just come back.

msstate7
01-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Unless our coaches are absolutely certain that dak is coming back, I really hope we talk to miller. If dak leaves, we would be the perfect option for miller. We run almost the exact same offense

Dawgfan77
01-06-2015, 08:28 AM
When you start hearing rumors on Facebook then the rumor is false

TrapGame
01-06-2015, 09:42 AM
When you start hearing rumors on Facebook then the rumor is false

RIP Bill Cosby*
RIP Ron White*
Lady GaGa is a man!*

CJDAWG85
01-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Twitter just said Miller looking at LSU.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2015, 10:00 AM
In the last month it has been said Miller has been looking at 20 schools but has yet to ask for his release from Ohio St. Cris Carter said on Mike & Mike about a month or 2 ago he expected Miller to stay at Ohio St. If anybody knows what's going on up there it's Cris. He doesn't openly campaign for them like Herbstreit or Galloway but he's just as involved. I'm starting to think all the rumors are just that. With Barrett out for the spring he has a great chance to get his starting job back.

RougeDawg
01-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Twitter just said Miller looking at LSU.

I look at LSU as well, every time I pass through Baton Rouge.**

FlabLoser
01-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Count me out on one and done QBs. Its much better for our program to develop Staley, Fitz, and Williams.

fishwater99
01-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Count me out on one and done QBs. Its much better for our program to develop Staley, Fitz, and Williams.

If Dak leaves, you have to take Miller if he will come here.
With either of our 3 backups we would be lucky to be above .500 next year.

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Why does anyone think Dak is possibly leaving?

jumbo
01-06-2015, 11:28 AM

because Mike Boner hasn't said he's returning yet. nothing is official until Boner says so **

FlabLoser
01-06-2015, 12:26 PM

What's his draft projection? Unless its round 1-3, I doubt he leaves. Just my guess.

Political Hack
01-06-2015, 12:43 PM
What's his draft projection? Unless its round 1-3, I doubt he leaves. Just my guess.

I've heard overall it was much better than expected, but also heard that some folks didn't even stick around for him. I don't really know too much about how all that works, but I was told that he could potentially work into the first round with next year's crop of QBs and a strong year.

His TD/INT ratio probably needs to improve. He also has to start hitting some deep throws other than that back shoulder throw. If he can do those two things, I think he could end up being much, much higher than anyone (especially myself) ever anticipated. And if he does, he should write Russell Wilson a heartfelt thank you letter.

EngineerDawg
01-06-2015, 08:16 PM
I thought the sec established rule you had to have two years of eligibility remaining to transfer in?

Quaoarsking
01-06-2015, 09:15 PM
I predict Miller stays at Ohio State and starts next year while Barrett rehabs and backs him up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cardale Jones transfer, though, especially if Miller stays. Ohio State's OC just got the Houston HC job, so maybe Jones (or Miller) would head there? Houston used a converted WR at QB for most of the season this past year.

I thought the sec established rule you had to have two years of eligibility remaining to transfer in?

No, this was repealed.

Really Clark?
01-06-2015, 10:12 PM
I predict Miller stays at Ohio State and starts next year while Barrett rehabs and backs him up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cardale Jones transfer, though, especially if Miller stays. Ohio State's OC just got the Houston HC job, so maybe Jones (or Miller) would head there? Houston used a converted WR at QB for most of the season this past year.

No, this was repealed.

Well to be fair he was originally signed as a QB and they had just switched him in the spring to get him on the field after O'Korn was Freshman of the year and was the starter. After O'Korn struggled so much early in the season they made the switch to try and get a spark. He actually did good considering and went 6-2 the rest of the way after being named the new starter. Put up some pretty good numbers.