PDA

View Full Version : What will the ratings be for the CFB champ game?

cheewgumm
01-06-2015, 12:02 AM
I wonder if the South will check out .

gravedigger
01-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Well yea. Juat not in the usual numbers.

It will be watched by those not wanting to see an sec team.

dawgs
01-06-2015, 01:11 AM
I bet they beat whatever the previous bcs numbers were. which msu fans wouldn't watch a CFB title game because Bama or lsu isn't playing in it?

cheewgumm
01-06-2015, 01:30 AM
I bet it beats too, but I may not even watch.

rabbitthedawg
01-06-2015, 09:56 AM
I have no interest in it. Can't stand Ohio State, Oregon I can tolerate, but I'm footballed out and just don't have any "want to" to see it. "Wait until next year!"

RougeDawg
01-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm indifferent. I had forgotten when the game even was. I have always hated Ohio St. And now even more that Whiney Bitch Meyer there. Plus I don't want the shitty Pac12 to win a championship. Lose lose in my book. I probably won't watch because there's zero chance that both teams can lose.

dawgs
01-06-2015, 01:13 PM
I just can't imagine a scenario where I wouldn't be "footballed out" enough to watch Bama or florida play for a title, but am too "footballed out" to watch oregon v. Ohio st.

DudyDawg
01-06-2015, 01:16 PM
I think the bigger question is how will it compare to the semi finals.

drunkernhelldawg
01-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Ohio State has a huge following. I still don't see how they come close to generating the money they pay out. I suppose it's too big to see.

cheewgumm
01-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Dudy - good point.

I bet it's less than the semis. Ill put all my VCASH on it. How do I make that happen?

Bama_Dawg
01-06-2015, 02:17 PM
I'm checking out of it, won't be watching it at all. Will catch the score either later that night or in the morning.

Cabo32
01-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Yall are crazy.. I have zero affiliation to either team. I've watched a few Oregon games this year and I went to the sugar bowl last week..these are 2 really good teams. It's going to be a good football game..the playoff games were the two highest rated programs in TV history. I would bet that the national title breaks that record

dawgs
01-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Worth noting that the ratings of both semi-finals were virtually identical, so I can't imagine not having a sec team in it has much, if any affect on the championship ratings.

dawgs
01-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Yall are crazy.. I have zero affiliation to either team. I've watched a few Oregon games this year and I went to the sugar bowl last week..these are 2 really good teams. It's going to be a good football game..the playoff games were the two highest rated programs in TV history. I would bet that the national title breaks that record

It's called a bunch of sec-centric fans that can't wrap their heads around other people watching other conferences play football. A lot of sec fans are a narcissistic bunch when it comes to college football.

:: puts on flame retardant suit ::

msstate7
01-06-2015, 03:02 PM
I'm plenty interested in. Just bc the sec got its butt handed to it, I won't tune out. One more shot for dawgs' ducks to blow it. Come on meyer...

quickstrike2
01-06-2015, 03:41 PM
I am interested in seeing it. I would have rather had an SEC school in there, but I like watching Oregon. Definitely a duck fan for this one.

cheewgumm
01-06-2015, 03:46 PM
I'm not super interested, but will probably watch. I am much more interested when SEC is involved.

I'm anxious to see what the ratings look like.

FlabLoser
01-06-2015, 03:48 PM
The real questions is what are combined ratings of 2 semis + 1 final compared to a BCS championship game?

It is maddening how much money and entertainment was left on the table for so many years.

dawgs
01-06-2015, 04:35 PM
The real questions is what are combined ratings of 2 semis + 1 final compared to a BCS championship game?

It is maddening how much money and entertainment was left on the table for so many years.

Baffles me that the bowls have/had so much influence that they've managed to hold this back for so long.

dawgs
01-06-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm not super interested, but will probably watch. I am much more interested when SEC is involved.

I'm anxious to see what the ratings look like.

Yeah I mean, what else are you doing on a random Monday evening in mid-january? Maybe if we had a basketball game (lol) or your kids had a game, you're have a reasonable explanation for not scheduling around the national title, but it just seems really silly to me a msu fan that loves CFB would rather watch dancing with the stars or whatever is on tv Monday night instead of just flipping to espn because they aren't interested in a non-sec ncg.