PDA

View Full Version : My only fear about manny

gravedigger
01-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Is that i believe some of his effectiveness with his first time with us was due to being able to share the responsibility of the D with someone else. No, im not saying wilson was better. Im saying that manny may find it different as the sole leader of the defense under mullen and maybe mullen will struggle with that too.

Mullen may do this co- coordinator stuff to serve his own needs. If that is the case, here's hoping Manny can convince him to let him work.

Todd4State
01-05-2015, 10:27 PM
I don't agree because Manny did well by himself at Middle Tennessee and Louisiana Tech. It was also very apparent who was calling most of the shots when Manny and Chris were here.

TrapGame
01-05-2015, 10:38 PM
I think Mullen actually has someone he can give the defense to and not worry about having to stick his nose in the meeting room every other day. He knows Manny can get it done.

EngineerDawg
01-05-2015, 10:44 PM
I think manny is going to be really good... Or really bad. I don't think we will see much middle ground but that's my op.

gravedigger
01-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Man i hope both of you are right. If you are then we have a pretty good shot at competing for the west next year. Auburn a&m and ark seem pretty imposing. All three on the road.

That said, i dont think we are going to be worse simply because of who leaves us this year. But manny really has to solidify that secondary for his style to be effective.

TUSK
01-05-2015, 11:00 PM
Man i hope both of you are right. If you are then we have a pretty good shot at competing for the west next year. Auburn a&m and ark seem pretty imposing. All three on the road.

That said, i dont think we are going to be worse simply because of who leaves us this year. But manny really has to solidify that secondary for his style to be effective.

hey, buddy...

take this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Yho1Eydh1mM/hqdefault.jpg

Todd4State
01-05-2015, 11:57 PM

If we're honest with ourselves, there aren't very many good defenses that don't have good secondaries.

Johnson85
01-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Is that i believe some of his effectiveness with his first time with us was due to being able to share the responsibility of the D with someone else. No, im not saying wilson was better. Im saying that manny may find it different as the sole leader of the defense under mullen and maybe mullen will struggle with that too.

I doubt that would be a big deal. As big of a cluster17 as the Orange Bowl was on D, I'm guessing Townsend can provide as much support as Wilson did.