PDA

View Full Version : What possessed ESPN..

FlabLoser
06-19-2013, 11:13 PM
...to put our game on Friday afternoon instead of Friday night?

msstate7
06-19-2013, 11:14 PM

They planned on lsu being in the prime time game

The Croom Diaries
06-20-2013, 06:08 AM
The bracket was made way before they knew LSU was involved, and heading into the Supers LSU was slotted to play in the early game but the days got switched when the UNC/USC super ran into Tuesday.

It's a way to even up the pitching heading into the championship series. In the past both elimination games would have been played yesterday and we would play tonight followed by in necessary Friday and the other bracket would play Friday followed by if necessary Saturday. But that puts the Fri/Sat bracket at a disadvantage because the other side has an extra day of rest for their starting pitching. So they stretched out the elimination games to create a more level playing field for the championship series.

maroonmania
06-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Not sure I see much of an issue here other than I would prefer the MSU game to be at night. I am going to have to try and get off work early tomorrow just to see our game. However, from ESPN's point of view, I would think UCLA vs NC/NC State would be as big of a draw nationally or maybe even bigger than MSU vs. OSU.

Lefthandersrule
06-20-2013, 10:30 AM
They planned on lsu being in the prime time game

^^^This is it.