PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl says Durkin interviewed

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2015, 01:21 AM
He went on to say that among his sources at MSU and at another school, people expect Diaz to be the next DC at MSU. That may mean we are getting Rex Ryan or something.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Shit, if it isn't Diaz then, who is it??**

starkvegasdawg
01-05-2015, 02:45 AM

Ditka...Mike Ditka. At the press conference he's coming out in a tux and Mullen in a wedding dress.

I seen it dawg
01-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Diaz? Who is that? Is he a candidate?

Coach34
01-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Thanks for reading Steve

msstate7
01-05-2015, 08:07 AM
If we get durkin, O, or Diaz, I'll be happy

BeardoMSU
01-05-2015, 08:37 AM
I bet it's Randall Stevens...

Dawg61
01-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Well there goes the chance to call a shutout a Durkin Donuts.**

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks for reading Steve

Haha, exactly!

TrapGame
01-05-2015, 09:26 AM

Ron "Big Ass Cushion" Cooper*

Political Hack
01-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Thanks for reading Steve

lol. exactly what I was thinking. Diaz's name was here hours after Collins was gone. Also, as soon as the winds shifted from O to Manny, it was here. maybe elitedawgs.com is his new Melvin.

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2015, 09:52 AM
He went on to say that among his sources at MSU and at another school, people expect Diaz to be the next DC at MSU. That may mean we are getting Rex Ryan or something.

Durkin would have been a great hire. He is an elite recruiter and a damn good DC.

Im fine with Diaz. Im not sure people appreciate how bad a DC hire O would have been. I really believe we dodged a bullet.

Dawgheadcheese
01-05-2015, 10:15 AM

But his batting average is very good. He misses on a few - but good grief, what do you expect? He reports what he is told. If a kid or a family gives him bad information just because they don't want to tell the real story, what is he supposed to do? Nobody could do what he does and be right all of the time.

However, with that said, he has a nasty appearance - and in my opinion, does not present himself appropriately for someone representing MSU. It is surprising that Gene allows him to keep that mop hair do. Not professional.

Really Clark?
01-05-2015, 10:22 AM
If Durkin interviewed, what is the thinking? Just to up the price that Michigan will have to pay? Back up plan for him? Something his agent set up just for negotiation purposes?

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 10:23 AM
But his batting average is very good. He misses on a few - but good grief, what do you expect? He reports what he is told. If a kid or a family gives him bad information just because they don't want to tell the real story, what is he supposed to do? Nobody could do what he does and be right all of the time.

However, with that said, he has a nasty appearance - and in my opinion, does not present himself appropriately for someone representing MSU. It is surprising that Gene allows him to keep that mop hair do. Not professional.

It's not just his accuracy issues that make people pile on....It's the fact that he is selfish and doesn't put MSU first. He will hurt MSU if it means being "the first" to report something. He has done it several times in the recent past.

I'll let others dive deeper on ole Steve. And yes, his appearance is awful too. I'm not one to judge, but as a guy that somewhat "represents" MSU in his daily job....it would be nice if he didn't look like large Marilyn Manson

engie
Wait -- so you are against ripping his information and approach -- which helped land us on probation last time -- but are personally fine with taking shots at his appearance? Irony much?

engie
If Durkin interviewed, what is the thinking? Just to up the price that Michigan will have to pay? Back up plan for him? Something his agent set up just for negotiation purposes?

That's a pretty good question. His list of opportunities is getting pretty narrow now...

codeDawg
01-05-2015, 10:24 AM

Steve got crossed up with most of us when he went on the offensive against Paul and threw MSU and Will Redmond under the bus for his own purposes.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Steve got crossed up with most of us when he went on the offensive against Paul and threw MSU and Will Redmond under the bus for his own purposes.

Yep, and then you add the Mackenzie Alexander situation.....the Brandon Bryant situation.....and even this year's Kentavious Thomas situation. He puts stuff out there that has the potential to harm us in recruiting, and he does it frequently. Those I just listed, were the ones off the top of my head from the last 2-3 years. But it goes back much further than that.

AlSwearengen
01-05-2015, 10:29 AM

The second paragraph of your post is part of the rose bowl hate. The majority of the hate he receives comes from his willingness to hurt MSU for the sake of looking like he has the scoop on everyone else. The whole devinner thing did it for me.

thunderclap
01-05-2015, 10:34 AM

Yep. Rosebowl can suck it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Yep, and then you add the Mackenzie Alexander situation.....the Brandon Bryant situation.....and even this year's Kentavious Thomas situation. He puts stuff out there that has the potential to harm us in recruiting, and he does it frequently. Those I just listed, were the ones off the top of my head from the last 2-3 years. But it goes back much further than that.

Wasn't Grant Harris a situation as well?

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Wasn't Grant Harris a situation as well?

Yep, he kept telling everyone we were "keeping Harris warm" but he "wasn't high on our list", or something like that. Well, of course Harris hears that crap just like we do. Luckily he didn't believe it or didn't let it affect him. And whether that was the case or not, Steve doesn't need to put that shit out there in the hands of the public, where it will eventually make it to the recruit.

I hate Yancy, but at least his end game is to help Ole Miss. He takes it to unhealthy extremes, but at least he doesn't hurt OM in an attempt to make himself look better.

JohnGalt
01-05-2015, 10:59 AM

That's fine if yall don't like the guy or just like Paul better. I stopped going over there after he tried to hide facts about Hevesy in S Panola. I don't know about the devinner stuff, but I can't believe SR is the reason we got put on probation. And to me it was pretty clear on the Brandon Bryant news was being pushed to him by coaches. Besides, the ploy worked.

Regardless, some of the same people that bash the guy, even for his appearance (right after you say that you don't do that sort of thing), take his information, his stock in trade that he uses to feed his family, and give it away free here. Shady, man. And tired.

M.Fillmore
01-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Honest question: in your wildest thoughts, can you imagine Yancy or Fat Chuck Roundsaville ever doing anything to get the Bears on probation just so they can look good?

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 11:07 AM
That's fine if yall don't like the guy or just like Paul better. I stopped going over there after he tried to hide facts about Hevesy in S Panola. I don't know about the devinner stuff, but I can't believe SR is the reason we got put on probation. And to me it was pretty clear on the Brandon Bryant news was being pushed to him by coaches. Besides, the ploy worked.

Regardless, some of the same people that bash the guy, even for his appearance (right after you say that you don't do that sort of thing), take his information, his stock in trade that he uses to feed his family, and give it away free here. Shady, man. And tired.

It's not about being "cool". It's about putting MSU first. Do you not agree that that should be priority #1? If so, what are your thoughts on you paying a guy money that does the opposite? It's not my fault that you pay a guy money to find out information 5 minutes before the rest of us...sometimes even after the rest of us...and the rest of the time you're just fed a bunch of babble. (Sometimes Steve is right....I admit that...but good grief, it's his job so he ought to be right sometimes)

You would be shocked how many times I get PM's from posters or the other mods discussing information (good and bad), and whether or not we think it's best for MSU to leak it to the public yet. This board is always looking out for MSU first....can you say that about the board you pay money to?

TrapGame
01-05-2015, 11:18 AM
I'm sure C34 has more sources than Steve.

Coach34
01-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Wardlaw, as well as Jean and Steve thought they saw a chance to try and bury Pawwwwl to help their businesses. They didnt care what effect it had on Miss State. It was business 1st- State 2nd. Thats your choice if you want to play it that way- but dont be mad when you get some flak for doing so.

Really Clark?
01-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Yep and how is Paul's business doing these days. Looks like the strategy didn't work.

engie
01-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Steve needs a Sevendust**

Really Clark?
01-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Steve needs a Sevendust**

Haha. He is his own Sevendust.

Coach34
01-05-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm sure C34 has more sources than Steve.

I have a few. For example- Elitedawgs announced DT was going to call the defense in the Orange Bowl. We announced that before anybody else.

And as Cadaver said- all of us here get PM's from posters who hear things all the time. Sometimes it's dead-on, and sometimes it's garbage. Some things cant be put on the board or we choose not to allow it on the board because it can be damaging. That's the way we choose to do things here

codeDawg
01-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Steve isn't the reason we got put on probation, but he went all in on the reporting of something that should have been put to bed. No MSU fan site should EVER make a situation that is bad for MSU worse. Steve most certainly did that.

These guys are not reporters. This isn't journalism. These are fan sites. If I choose to be on a fan site, I'll be on one where I feel like I'm getting the straight dish from someone who cares and protects my interests. The Scout site does not meet that criteria.

As for his "stock in trade", he provides information. If there is one thing I have learned working in technology it is that you cannot stop information from spreading. That is human nature and not something you can prevent. If he wants to feed his family, he should probably rely on his services that are not as easily reproducible as speech.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2015, 12:28 PM

From what I read from a LA Tech News Source last night (not Rosebowl), they believe he will take our job if offered, but he may want to bring two of his assistants, his DL Coach and Safeties' Coach, which he hand picked when he came to LA Tech. Not sure how all that would pan out, or if that would be a deciding factor in excepting our DC position if offered. It also said that he may still be in the mix for the Washington State DC position.

ScottH
01-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Scout would be much better if:
1. Rosebowl had an editor/filter
2, Murray would quit whining

Gene's pure baseball coverage is actually quite good. His coach interviews gave insight into fall results and what to look for in spring.

ScottH
01-05-2015, 12:32 PM
From what I read from a LA Tech News Source last night (not Rosebowl), they believe he will take our job if offered, but he may want to bring two of his assistants, his DL Coach and Safeties' Coach, which he hand picked when he came to LA Tech. Not sure how all that would pan out, or if that would be a deciding factor in excepting our DC position if offered. It also said that he may still be in the mix for the Washington State DC position.\

That's a good find. They mentioned the WSU DC job on a Sirius show earlier today.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Wardlaw, as well as Jean and Steve thought they saw a chance to try and bury Pawwwwl to help their businesses. They didnt care what effect it had on Miss State. It was business 1st- State 2nd. Thats your choice if you want to play it that way- but dont be mad when you get some flak for doing so.

I got burned by Wardlaw, with his socalled great vision for BDJ (scam) and I was a member of GP back in the time of the CJ Johnson circus. All it did was stress me out and make me mad reading all that CJ stuff. Then a light came on and I got to thinking, why am I acually paying a site to stress me out.

Really Clark?
01-05-2015, 12:40 PM
\

That's a good find. They mentioned the WSU DC job on a Sirius show earlier today.

Well the WSU deal has been talked about a while now. Seems like things are kind of in a holding pattern maybe. Especially since some of the guys we are looking at are having multiple offers. Once somebody finally makes a move, some of the jobs will start falling into place.

I seen it dawg
01-05-2015, 01:04 PM

He is a detriment to our program.

I seen it dawg
01-05-2015, 01:06 PM

The guy is a detriment to MSU. That's what's fn tired pal.