PDA

View Full Version : So what is the word now?

MetEdDawg
01-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Is it that we are interviewing Diaz tomorrow? Are we announcing tomorrow? Seems like there's been so much put out that it's just one big jumbled mess at this point.

CadaverDawg
01-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Probably announce Diaz on Tuesday or Wednesday would be my guess

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Is it that we are interviewing Diaz tomorrow? Are we announcing tomorrow? Seems like there's been so much put out that it's just one big jumbled mess at this point.

I'm probably in the minority, but unlike the Diaz hire way more than any Coaxh O hire.

That would have been a disaster. This is a solid hire.

bulldawg28
01-04-2015, 06:36 PM
I'm probably in the minority, but unlike the Diaz hire way more than any Coaxh O hire.

That would have been a disaster. This is a solid hire.

You ok doc?

campshelbydog
01-04-2015, 06:54 PM

I was just told that we are hiring Manny and it is because Orgeron wanted "too much money". While I
like Manny and think he will do a good job, it pisses me off royally that we couldn't get someone we wanted more than him because of money. That's horse shit and Stricklin needs to answer for this if it's true.

Dawgfan77
01-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Money is the excuse being put out there but that's not the entire truth.

deltadawg99
01-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Orgeron would have been a hired gun and would have been gone after 1 or 2 years

CadaverDawg
01-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Orgeron would have been a hired gun and would have been gone after 1 or 2 years

So he would have been here as long as all of our other DC's?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2015, 07:13 PM
I was just told that we are hiring Manny and it is because Orgeron wanted "too much money". While I
like Manny and think he will do a good job, it pisses me off royally that we couldn't get someone we wanted more than him because of money. That's horse shit and Stricklin needs to answer for this if it's true.

I'll say it O isn't worth 7 figures. High 6 with incentives cool but no way I'm volunteering to give O $1mil+ to be my DC with his resume. Now if another more prominent guy wants to interview & ask for that then that's a different deal entirely. BTW no Stricklin wasn't the 1 who said no to any money a coach wants. If Mullen wanted to pay O that he would've.

campshelbydog
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
I'll say it O isn't worth 7 figures. High 6 with incentives cool but no way I'm volunteering to give O $1mil+ to be my DC with his resume. Now if another more prominent guy wants to interview & ask for that then that's a different deal entirely. BTW no Stricklin wasn't the 1 who said no to any money a coach wants. If Mullen wanted to pay O that he would've.

As long as Dan is the one who didn't want to pay him that and not Scott, I'm ok with it. However, I don't know why Dan would care. If he was the#1 pick he should tell Scott that this is who he wants and for Scott to figure out the finances.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2015, 07:40 PM
If Dan wants to pay a coach $1mil it would get done. That's not an issue here.

campshelbydog
01-04-2015, 07:44 PM
If Dan wants to pay a coach $1mil it would get done. That's not an issue here.

Why doesn't Dan just interview people, tell his boss who he wants out of the people he interviewed, and let the AD and agents worry about the salary? Dan should worry about getting the coach he wants here, not what someone he hires is going to make. That's a job for agents and the assistant coaches. Mullen should tell Scott who he wants on his staff and Scott should do what it takes financially to make it happen.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Why doesn't Dan just interview people, tell his boss who he wants out of the people he interviewed, and let the AD and agents worry about the salary? Dan should worry about getting the coach he wants here, not what someone he hires is going to make. That's a job for agents and the assistant coaches. Mullen should tell Scott who he wants on his staff and Scott should do what it takes financially to make it happen.

Because that's part of his job. He has to have continuity on the staff. If someone is making $1mil undeservedly then who has to deal with that on the staff.... Dan. I have no issue with this at all.

campshelbydog
01-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Because that's part of his job. He has to have continuity on the staff. If someone is making $1mil undeservedly then who has to deal with that on the staff.... Dan. I have no issue with this at all.

I guess. I'm sure he is going to do everything in his power to get as much money for himself as he can though. Seems a bit hypocritical. I don't mind te Manny hire. I just don't want it to be because of money.