PDA

View Full Version : I haven't seen it mentioned yet, recruiting...

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Apparently Leo Lewis has set an official visit to A&M for the 16th, which is our big weekend.

I haven't felt good about him for a while, and if he actually doesn't visit on the 16th, I think that will be that.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 09:52 PM
I thought he may add Bama, if that is still an option. As you said, though, not good on the TAMU visit date.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Is there any other connection for him to LSU besides Chavis? If not they may be out of it. He scheduled that visit to TAMU awfully quick. Speaks to the relationship he seems to have built. If so that helps us I think a lot.

Diaz puts us in the drivers seat I believe with Leo. LSU most likely out and Stoops would be an underwhelming hire for them. TAMU with Chavis is tough. Ole Miss still has no LB coach. We announce Monday that Diaz is the LB coach/DC and his first call should be to Leo. I think Diaz helps us here and if we get him in place fast enough we could win this race with him.

Homedawg
01-03-2015, 09:59 PM
O
Is there any other connection for him to LSU besides Chavis? If not they may be out of it. He scheduled that visit to TAMU awfully quick. Speaks to the relationship he seems to have built. If so that helps us I think a lot.

Diaz puts us in the drivers seat I believe with Leo. LSU most likely out and Stoops would be an underwhelming hire for them. TAMU with Chavis is tough. Ole Miss still has no LB coach. We announce Monday that Diaz is the LB coach/DC and his first call should be to Leo. I think Diaz helps us here and if we get him in place fast enough we could win this race with him.

I like manny, but he doesn't put us in the drivers seat w leo! We might get him, odds are low, but it won't be bc of manny.

RBritt
01-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Leo ain't going to A&M. He may visit but won't sign with them. He's a homebody and has a little girl.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2015, 10:05 PM
O

I like manny, but he doesn't put us in the drivers seat w leo! We might get him, odds are low, but it won't be bc of manny.

I'm not saying Manny and his recruiting ability is the game changer. I think him being an LB coach and getting him in now gets Leo comfortable. There isn't any word from OM yet as to who they are going to hire as their LB coach and to me they are our biggest competition for him right now. He wants an LB coach to connect with and has said as much when he canceled all his visits and now has scheduled one for TAMU with Chavis, a guy he already knows who is an LB guy.

Getting a DC/LB coach in place Monday like Diaz puts makes us the first school in his original 3 to get an LB coach and make our move. I think that puts us in the drivers seat.

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Just curious as I don't follow recruiting that much, but why is our big weekend the 16th? Shouldn't be the last weekend before signing day?

jumbo
01-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Just curious as I don't follow recruiting that much, but why is our big weekend the 16th? Shouldn't be the last weekend before signing day?

Our big instate weekend has always been the 3rd weekend and out of state the 4th. OMs is the 4th

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Our big instate weekend has always been the 3rd weekend and out of state the 4th. OMs is the 4th

Gotcha. Thanks

Homedawg
01-03-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm not saying Manny and his recruiting ability is the game changer. I think him being an LB coach and getting him in now gets Leo comfortable. There isn't any word from OM yet as to who they are going to hire as their LB coach and to me they are our biggest competition for him right now. He wants an LB coach to connect with and has said as much when he canceled all his visits and now has scheduled one for TAMU with Chavis, a guy he already knows who is an LB guy.

Getting a DC/LB coach in place Monday like Diaz puts makes us the first school in his original 3 to get an LB coach and make our move. I think that puts us in the drivers seat.

I think you are mis reading the tea leaves in his recruitment.

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2015, 10:23 PM

Traditionally the last weekend is for backup plans and grade risks.

I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.

What I want to know is when is Gabe Campbell visiting? I'm assuming the 16th, but I can't find confirmation.

I'm assuming we hold off OU.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2015, 10:24 PM
I think you are mis reading the tea leaves in his recruitment.

I'm not saying it's the only thing. Obviously there is much more going on here. But there is at least SOME connection to who his position coach is. Dude canceled every single visit he had scheduled one month before signing day. All three schools he had visits to lost their LB coaches and two were the DCs at their school. I'm just saying that it plays some part. Not the biggest part but I do think it matters to him some.

Bothrops
01-03-2015, 11:08 PM
I just want to keep what we have. If we can do that it will be huge.

msstate7
01-03-2015, 11:13 PM

Add Campbell and story

BeardoMSU
01-03-2015, 11:15 PM

Exactly. Maybe a few other guys, but our class fills many of our needs and then some. I think y'all need to forget about Leo; when was the last time we flipped a big recruit from the Confederates? Not happening.