PDA

View Full Version : Lots of smoke now it's going to be Guitar Manny

Coach34
01-03-2015, 06:02 PM
I like it. He does a good job, knows the staff, has SEC experience...had a new perspective after being in Austin and Ruston. I def think he would be a better DC than O- won't recruit like him though.

Im on board with Manny. Solid hire...I do wonder what made Mullen change his mind though

DownwardDawg
01-03-2015, 06:05 PM
He's the best we've had in a very long time. I miss his intensity. People say things like he had a ton of talent. Well, our defense has sucked since he left. I hope it's him.

cheewgumm
01-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Disappointed. I'd much rather have Shannon or Orgeron.

Back to the future. Yuk.

civildawg
01-03-2015, 06:11 PM
I hate the hire myself. I hate the bend but don't break and he has already left us once so you know he will do it again. Terrible hire in my opinion

GreenheadDawg
01-03-2015, 06:18 PM
I hate the hire myself. I hate the bend but don't break and he has already left us once so you know he will do it again. Terrible hire in my opinion

I'm with you. I'm extremely disappointed but not surprised in the least

Oxfordawg
01-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Manny doesn't run bend but don't break he runs more like JLD boom or bust. I like those kind of defense fun to watch.

WesternSkyDawg
01-03-2015, 06:20 PM

If you're putting Manny in the 'bend but don't break' category, you haven't been paying attention.

Madisonmd
01-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Low hanging fruit hire

WesternSkyDawg
01-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Here's betting Diaz is about to make Chris Jones a boatload of cash

DanDority
01-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Well, I must say I'm a little underwhelmed to say the least.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Here's betting Diaz is about to make Chris Jones a boatload of cash

Yep

Dallas_Dawg
01-03-2015, 06:25 PM
His system is dependent on having two corners that you can put on an island. I think we will be fine when Redmond and Calhoun are in there together, but if we go "1b" corners, we are effed in the A.

DanDority
01-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Manny doesn't run bend but don't break he runs more like JLD boom or bust. I like those kind of defense fun to watch.

Not fun when your getting scored on.

Saltydog
01-03-2015, 06:26 PM
hated it here........NOTE: Starkville hasn't changed that much........

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 06:26 PM
His system is dependent on having two corners that you can put on an island. I think we will be fine when Redmond and Calhoun are in there together, but if we go "1b" corners, we are effed in the A.

Manny ain't running "1B" shit unless Mullen makes him. And if he does, then it didn't matter who we hired

Outside Dawg
01-03-2015, 06:28 PM
I went to Manny's twitter feed just out of curiosity. He recently retweeted this stat...good company...

@SportSourceA: We track proprietary stat called Defensive Mayhem. 5 defenses that created most mayhem in '14 were: #Clemson #TCU #LaTech #VaTech & #Sparty

I seen it dawg
01-03-2015, 06:29 PM
He was here when Calhoun and BMac were recruited was he not? Hell maybe BMac stays and wants to play in an aggressive style. And maybe we have the talent to run it very effectively. I'm looking for positives so don't flame....

Dallas_Dawg
01-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Manny ain't running "1B" shit unless Mullen makes him. And if he does, then it didn't matter who we hired
I was being sarcastic with the 1b reference, but we do need capable backups at corner and some safeties or we are ****ed.
Diaz's blitzing puts extra pressure on those guys and we need to find some Jucos or have some young guys step up.

Dawgface
01-03-2015, 06:35 PM
So he leaves is a couple of years. They all have under Mullen. No reason to think that's going to stop.

DanDority
01-03-2015, 06:42 PM
any coach that comes in and has a big personality and succeeds will not be here long, that's been proven.

Sacrifice
I'm fine with Diaz. Between him, Torbush, Wilson and Collins, Manny was the only DC that Didn't sit back and let the other teams rape us between the 20s. He was very creative with his blitz packages and it seemed like the players were on the same page.

Dawgfan77
I like it. He does a good job, knows the staff, has SEC experience...had a new perspective after being in Austin and Ruston. I def think he would be a better DC than O- won't recruit like him though.

Im on board with Manny. Solid hire...I do wonder what made Mullen change his mins though

Coach this was a situation where dan was vetoed.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Coach this was a situation where dan was vetoed.

Stickin to it, eh?

No chance they vetoed a coach that won 10 regular season games. No. Chance.

engie
01-03-2015, 06:46 PM

He didn't do any 1B crap when he was here before, not even at LB...

Then again, he didn't have any depth at that point either. It was Broom, Banks, Whitley, Mitchell, KJ, Wright, and not much else really back there...

Dawgfan77
01-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Stickin to it, eh?

No chance they vetoed a coach that won 10 regular season games. No. Chance.

Not being an ass but Mullen interview O numerous reports from state sites stated he was target one. You have to understand that no matter what Mullen has to have the hire approved and my sources stated that he didn't get the ok from higher ups. Just passing on what I was told

Coach34
01-03-2015, 06:53 PM
hated it here........NOTE: Starkville hasn't changed that much........

They like Ruston even less. No DC that is any good is going to stay at State more than 2-3 years anyway. We dont pay well enough

BeardoMSU
01-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Back to the future. Yuk.

Yeah, if Manny was Biff, I wonder which one we'd get.....

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/268/6/9/biff_tannen_in_time_by_thetjvision-d2zh9k3.png

spudd21
01-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Not being an ass but Mullen interview O numerous reports from state sites stated he was target one. You have to understand that no matter what Mullen has to have the hire approved and my sources stated that he didn't get the ok from higher ups. Just passing on what I was told

If this is true or has any truth to it, I have no faith in our "higher ups" and don't see Mullen staying with us much longer. How can you tell a man who just won you ten games in the SEC west he can't hire who he wants as an assistant?

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
If this is true or has any truth to it, I have no faith in our "higher ups" and don't see Mullen staying with us much longer. How can you tell a man who just won you ten games in the SEC west he can't hire who he wants as an assistant?

Exactly. It's not true.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
any coach that comes in and has a big personality and succeeds will not be here long, that's been proven.

And yet Diaz comes back? Maybe Dan is not quit as bad as people are wanting to paint him to be.

Thrill1
01-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Hearing like many that O was first option but wanted $1.2m. Durkin was #2 before Michigan rang. Manny was 3rd.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2015, 07:08 PM
I still don't think its Diaz. Everything I'm hearing still says O. I could be totally wrong but I've heard nothing to make me think Diaz.

chef dixon
01-03-2015, 07:09 PM
JT Gray looked like a damn Michael Vick pitbull blitzing this year. I'd love to see more of that.

Dawg496
01-03-2015, 07:10 PM
I still don't think its Diaz. Everything I'm hearing still says O. I could be totally wrong but I've heard nothing to make me think Diaz.

Was hoping you'd chime in. Sounds good to me.

Hell with the split reports maybe it is both. Doubt it, but that would certainly win the press conference.

Coach34
And yet Diaz comes back? Maybe Dan is not quit as bad as people are wanting to paint him to be.

exactly- if Mullen was that bad- Manny's ass wouldnt be coming back.

maroonmania

Exactly, this better not be true. Either Mullen is running the program or he isn't. Mullen has always given every indication that he and his staff do things the right way. Hiring O (if that's who Mulen wants) won't change that.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Was hoping you'd chime in. Sounds good to me.

Hell with the split reports maybe it is both. Doubt it, but that would certainly win the press conference.

Hey I could be totally 100% wrong & have no problem saying I am but I just haven't heard this Diaz stuff like a lot of other people have.

Dawg496
01-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Hey I could be totally 100% wrong & have no problem saying I am but I just haven't heard this Diaz stuff like a lot of other people have.

That's what lends credence to potentially being both. I feel like this is tied to LSU and we're gonna have to await a decision in BR.

Coach34
01-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Hearing like many that O was first option but wanted $1.2m. Durkin was #2 before Michigan rang. Manny was 3rd.

I did hear that O wanted $1MM- we were willing to go $750K but more years

bulldawg28
01-03-2015, 07:23 PM
If we had Diaz this year we'd still be undefeated playing for a national title.

DownwardDawg
01-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Exactly. It's not true.

There's zero chance it's true. There's a reason I stopped paying for multiple pay sites. The info was all hearsay.

Sacrifice
01-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Seeing Mullen and Stricklin interact with each other and the relationship they have..I don't see Strict telling Mullen no on anything, especially after this season...

Noxdog
01-03-2015, 07:27 PM
That's what will always keep us from being upper echelon. This is the one time where we better be ready to pay whatever is necessary for the right hire. Don't mind Manny but if we want the # 1 option in Dan"s mind, then pay market prices.

maroonmania
01-03-2015, 07:32 PM
That's what will always keep us from being upper echelon. This is the one time where we better be ready to pay whatever is necessary for the right hire. Don't mind Manny but if we want the # 1 option in Dan"s mind, then pay market prices.

Exactly, if O was Dan's #1 target and we weren't willing to pay 1mil for him that is quite disappointing. 250K is chump change when it comes to determining how good your football program can be especially with the new SEC money. Heck, Auburn who is still paying 3 or 4 coaches they've fired is now paying a just fired HC 1.7 million to be their DC.

Thrill1
01-03-2015, 07:38 PM

UPDATE: O has apparently lowered asking price. Not over yet. Think it's obvious both parties are mutually interested here. Tune in.

Bothrops
01-03-2015, 07:39 PM
I highly doubt Eddie O would be here past 1 year. That's something I'm sure Mullen knows. He might feel that Manny is a safer hire and we would be less likely to be in this situation again next year. But the money is probably not enough for the guys with the super egos that may feel they are too big for Mississippi State in the first place.

Coach34
01-03-2015, 07:44 PM
UPDATE: O has apparently lowered asking price. Not over yet. Think it's obvious both parties are mutually interested here. Tune in.

Now that would be very damn interesting because some things were set in motion for Monday already

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 07:46 PM
There's zero chance it's true. There's a reason I stopped paying for multiple pay sites. The info was all hearsay.

And I'm still waiting on some breaking news from my lifetime subscription to Bulldawg Junction lol.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 07:50 PM
And I'm still waiting on some breaking news from my lifetime subscription to Bulldawg Junction lol.

Haha

FlabLoser
01-03-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm OK either way.

I like Mad Manny as a DC. Mullen's recruiting has been slowly but steadily been getting better. I'd expect that to continue with Manny.

I like O as a crooter. Maybe the best crooter in the nation. That goes a long way and offsets his lack if DC experience. His crootin is damn tempting. His lack of DC experience is worrisome - could work well and could be another Chris Wilson. I'll trust Mullen to make a call there.

So I'm good with either of these guys.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm OK either way.

I like Mad Manny as a DC. Mullen's recruiting has been slowly but steadily been getting better. I'd expect that to continue with Manny.

I like O as a crooter. Maybe the best crooter in the nation. That goes a long way and offsets his lack if DC experience. His crootin is damn tempting. His lack of DC experience is worrisome - could work well and could be another Chris Wilson. I'll trust Mullen to make a call there.

So I'm good with either of these guys.

That's pretty much where I stand as well. Neither one of them is a Muschamp type hire, but both are solid in their own ways.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I highly doubt Eddie O would be here past 1 year. That's something I'm sure Mullen knows. He might feel that Manny is a safer hire and we would be less likely to be in this situation again next year. But the money is probably not enough for the guys with the super egos that may feel they are too big for Mississippi State in the first place.

You know if that is the case, O only here for a year, then I would go in a different direction as well. Never mind the insanity that people will spew because another DC left, regardless of it having anything to do with Dan. No win situation in this case.

bulldawg28
01-03-2015, 08:08 PM

Dammit!!!

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 08:09 PM
You know if that is the case, O only here for a year, then I would go in a different direction as well. Never mind the insanity that people will spew because another DC left, regardless of it having anything to do with Dan. No win situation in this case.

Why? Let O come in here and recruit for a year, and if he leaves, hire Manny. It's not like Diaz is a hot commodity right now. O is though....just not as a DC

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-03-2015, 08:14 PM

Damn! If true, we really need to learn when to take and when not to ask for a 25% discount.

stalkingpoon
01-03-2015, 08:15 PM
The way I see it is with the amount of offensive fire power we should have next year means we have to knock this out of the park. With the right defense we have every opportunity to be in the playoffs next year.

Political Hack
01-03-2015, 08:21 PM
The way I see it is with the amount of offensive fire power we should have next year means we have to knock this out of the park. With the right defense we have every opportunity to be in the playoffs next year.

we need depth and a starting four with star power on the DL. That happens, and we handle the OL transitions, and we could very well go 11-1 next year.

Catching LSU early and having a down Bama at home could be huge. We win A&M and Auburn away and we're in the running down the stretch.

MabenMaroon
01-03-2015, 08:23 PM
I am not being sarcastic, but I have a genuine question: Lots and lots of folks on here and other boards have stated that Coach O is a great recruiter, can somebody maybe fill me in on the specifics. The only real knowledge I have is the 2 classes he had at the seminary in oxfart, one I think was ranked 15 or 16 ( Blind Side crap) and the other was rated around 30/32. The rest of his career I really don't know much about. Somebody help me out with the info ( Engie maybe? ). Thanks!

Coach34
01-03-2015, 08:29 PM
His recruits are what gave Nutt 2 straight Cotton Bowls and alot of draft picks

Mjoelner34
01-03-2015, 08:30 PM
I am not being sarcastic, but I have a genuine question: Lots and lots of folks on here and other boards have stated that Coach O is a great recruiter, can somebody maybe fill me in on the specifics. The only real knowledge I have is the 2 classes he had at the seminary in oxfart, one I think was ranked 15 or 16 ( Blind Side crap) and the other was rated around 30/32. The rest of his career I really don't know much about. Somebody help me out with the info ( Engie maybe? ). Thanks!

Not Engie and don't have a link but I remember when we hired Brewster somebody posted a link from Rivals I think on the 24/7 board that showed for the last decade the top 3 recruiters in college football were O, Frank Wilson at LSU and Brewster. I don't remember what order they were in.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Why? Let O come in here and recruit for a year, and if he leaves, hire Manny. It's not like Diaz is a hot commodity right now. O is though....just not as a DC

Perception of our own fanbase for one. If O leaves after a year you will have more people trying to draw conclusions that it because Mullen is hard to work for. Never mind we are right now preparing for O only being here one year. And the same false perception told enough still hurts the program. Has nothing to do with what O could do in a year.

PendingTransaction
01-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Mullen got his guy. Stricklin didn't cut the $ for the hire. Mullen got the money he asked for. He don't believe in million dollar assistants. Until he learns, he will never hire a superior staff. He doesn't think that he needs them. He feels that he needs good installers. Manny has been hired! He was the one candidate that agreed to Dan's terms on defensive philosophy. I just hope he made it clear to Dan that he would not be undercut in front of the staff and players. All ass chewing needs to be in the office.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Perception of our own fanbase for one. If O leaves after a year you will have more people trying to draw conclusions that it because Mullen is hard to work for. Never mind we are right now preparing for O only being here one year. And the same false perception told enough still hurts the program. Has nothing to do with what O could do in a year.

Hiring Manny would kill that perception though. Who comes back to a guy they hate?

mparkerfd20
01-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Mullen got his guy. Stricklin didn't cut the $ for the hire. Mullen got the money he asked for. He don't believe in million dollar assistants. Until he learns, he will never hire a superior staff. He doesn't think that he needs them. He feels that he needs good installers. Manny has been hired! He was the one candidate that agreed to Dan's terms on defensive philosophy. I just hope he made it clear to Dan that he would not be undercut in front of the staff and players. All ass chewing needs to be in the office.

While I can believe Manny being hired the rest I think is garbage.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Hiring Manny would kill that perception though. Who comes back to a guy they hate?

Good point but no guarantee he would be available next year either. He posts similar results at La Tech next year and we may not get him. It's a fluid position to be in and personally at the end of the day if Dan gets who he wants this year I'm fine with it. I think a lot of this speculation that Dan is just so hard to work for and too controlling is big reach anyway.

RTO Dawg
01-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Why cant we get both???

LC Dawg
01-03-2015, 09:07 PM
If there is a good possibility that Orgeron would leave after one year would we really get much recruiting from him? He probably won't help much on the 2015 class because signing day is coming soon and if he leaves when Collins did he won't be around to close on the 2016 class. He may would even take some recruits with him.
I would like to have Coach O but I just think with his desire to be a head coach again and his desire to coach at LSU he probably wouldn't be here long enough to make a difference on the recruiting trail.
On the other hand, I don't know a lot about recruiting so I could be way off.

maroonmania
01-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Why cant we get both???

Guess the easy answer is We are MState.

TheRef
01-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Why cant we get both???

Porque no los dos

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ktjqRIKI1r674gko1_250.gif

RTO Dawg
01-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Guess the easy answer is We are MState.

Bullshit 1A 1B

maroonmania
01-03-2015, 09:14 PM
If there is a good possibility that Orgeron would leave after one year would we really get much recruiting from him? He probably won't help much on the 2015 class because signing day is coming soon and if he leaves when Collins did he won't be around to close on the 2016 class. He may would even take some recruits with him.
I would like to have Coach O but I just think with his desire to be a head coach again and his desire to coach at LSU he probably wouldn't be here long enough to make a difference on the recruiting trail.
On the other hand, I don't know a lot about recruiting so I could be way off.

Agree, just like we got very few actual recruits out of Brewster. However, from my understanding, we did get a lot of recruiting techniques from him.

DownwardDawg
01-03-2015, 09:19 PM

Haha!!!! And a free shirt!!

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 09:24 PM
First off, why the heck does everybody assume he would only be here a year? We'd be the first to offer him a DC job, so until he proved himself he wouldn't get many if any better offers. And he isn't getting HC offers unless it is a tiny school. I think we could keep him just as long or longer than any of our other DC's.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Haha!!!! And a free shirt!!

Good One! I would probably be closer to getting a free shirt, than any breaking news from Wardlaw. Ha`

TheRef
01-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Good One! I would probably be closer to getting a free shirt, than any breaking news from Wardlaw. Ha`

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57726998.jpg

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 09:47 PM
First off, why the heck does everybody assume he would only be here a year? We'd be the first to offer him a DC job, so until he proved himself he wouldn't get many if any better offers. And he isn't getting HC offers unless it is a tiny school. I think we could keep him just as long or longer than any of our other DC's.

This and O may love to go head to head with OM in recruiting for several years. He may even like Starkvegas. That thread on why we don't need O and all the statistics wore me out and gave me a headache.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 09:49 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57726998.jpg

+1000 Ref

jumbo
01-03-2015, 09:55 PM

Exactly. He did get one HC offer already. It was Northwestern State. He turned it down. I think we'd get at least 2 years out of hi which is apparently the standard life of an MSU DC

campshelbydog
01-03-2015, 10:06 PM

Im on board with Manny. Solid hire...I do wonder what made Mullen change his mind though

Not saying you are wrong, but one of our recruiting experts told me ten minutes ago that Orgeron was already contacting our recruits and he expects Orgeron to be named the DC tomorrow.

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Not saying you are wrong, but one of our recruiting experts told me ten minutes ago that Orgeron was already contacting our recruits and he expects Orgeron to be named the DC tomorrow.

Damn

Noxdog
01-03-2015, 10:14 PM

you are referring to but on the pay site that I'm on, they have been pretty steadfast that O is # 1 but it's obviously fluid and can change.

How does one become a recruiting expert?

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 10:15 PM

I hope this recruiting expert has all the facts and is correct.

Coach34
01-03-2015, 10:17 PM

thats what I was being told- but now the Manny stuff has been coming in from all over. I thought we had O locked up according to what I was hearing

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Is there any such thing as a football recruiting "expert" in speculating on who will get a coaching position?

Dawg496
01-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Hopefully its both. Only thing that explains the two directly conflicting reports.

LC Dawg
01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
I don't know if he'd be here more than a year but if we are real successful next year I do think he may get some higher paying offers. Schools aren't always rational with their money. My question was really how bad does it affect recruiting when a coach stays only a year. Does a top recruiter sell himself or sell the school?

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 10:31 PM
This thread has a good topic name "Lots of Smoke". Now, we don't know the rest of the story.

spudd21
01-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Watch it be some no name guy from a directional in the northwest.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't know if he'd be here more than a year but if we are real successful next year I do think he may get some higher paying offers. Schools aren't always rational with their money. My question was really how bad does it affect recruiting when a coach stays only a year. Does a top recruiter sell himself or sell the school?

Not sure about the answer to your last question, but it does seem moreso now than years ago, that football recruits are choosing schools, based upon their relationship with a certain coach or coaches and not the school. The exception to this would be unless they grew up cheering for that school(team).

Allan Quartermain
01-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Do not normally respond to any thread but this is enough. Why would you bring back someone and family that does not want to be here. He is desperate to get his career going again and we are not or cannot do any better so we hire him back. I do not understand our program anymore. There was so DC that programs in SEC and others hired. We get retread. No more wasting money on this end.

ScottH
01-03-2015, 10:56 PM
We have a consensus opinion this evening from both Rosebowl and Sevendust that points to Manny.

Doesn't that assure it's someone else?

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 10:59 PM
We have a consensus opinion this evening from both Rosebowl and Sevendust that points to Manny.

Yea, starting to think it's O now**

#AlexanderToMSU

Noxdog

Don't know on rosey but I don't get where you see that from 7?

Political Hack
OU's OC to be our next head coach.***

I seen it dawg
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sevendipshit as a recruiting expert?!?!?! I seen that.

Dallas_Dawg
01-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Who is SevenDust?

Saltydog
01-03-2015, 11:21 PM
the powers that be realize how close we got this year and would've been eager to hire the best people to get us over the hump and possibly win a SEC title but obviously not. With the amount of money we got from our bowl splits we should've been able to hire whomever Mullen wanted.

Todd4State
01-03-2015, 11:22 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sevendipshit as a recruiting expert?!?!?! I seen that.

I guess regurgitating what Paul tells you in PM's and making it look like you heard it on your own has to count for something.

thunderclap
01-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Three words: Joe Lee Dunn. You heard it here first.

TheRef
01-03-2015, 11:26 PM

I would be okay with that....true mayhem

Coach34
01-03-2015, 11:27 PM
SevenDipShit is a creation by Paul Jones to bolster his news.

Todd4State
01-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Hopefully its both. Only thing that explains the two directly conflicting reports.

That would be incredibly awesome.

This is maybe crazy but:

Dan- HC/OC/ST/Co-DC
Brian Johnson- QB
Knox- RB/ST
Gonzalez- WR
Tony Hughes- TE/Recruiting Coordinator (He does have a history of coaching TE's on his resume. Move out Sallach)
Hevesey- OL
Coach O- Co-DC/DT or DL if Turner coaches OLB
Turner- DE or OLB
Manny- Co-DC/LB
Deshea- DB's

To me this would probably be our best case scenario.

BeardoMSU
01-03-2015, 11:29 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/89029-tony-soprano-newspaper-gif-wha-Tnre.gif

Is he still alive?

Todd4State
01-03-2015, 11:30 PM

I don't think Dan's defensive philosophy and Joe Lee's are going to mesh.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2015, 11:33 PM
That would be incredibly awesome.

This is maybe crazy but:

Dan- HC/OC/ST/Co-DC
Brian Johnson- QB
Knox- RB/ST
Gonzalez- WR
Tony Hughes- TE/Recruiting Coordinator (He does have a history of coaching TE's on his resume. Move out Sallach)
Hevesey- OL
Coach O- Co-DC/DT or DL if Turner coaches OLB
Turner- DE or OLB
Manny- Co-DC/LB
Deshea- DB's

To me this would probably be our best case scenario.

Sounds like a winner for sure, but would Mullen move Sallach to a desk job or wherever?

TheRef
01-03-2015, 11:34 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/89029-tony-soprano-newspaper-gif-wha-Tnre.gif

Is he still alive?

Apparently so....no obit yet.

ScottH
01-03-2015, 11:35 PM
I don't think Dan's defensive philosophy and Joe Lee's are going to mesh.

Neither is our current secondary talent and what is required in Joe Lee's scheme

Todd4State
01-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Sounds like a winner for sure, but would Mullen move Sallach to a desk job or wherever?

I think so. He almost did a couple of years ago when we had Brewster and were trying to get Gonzalez on staff but then Brewster left and we just kept Sallach where he was.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 11:36 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1503629/manny-jock_medium.gif

Saltydog
01-03-2015, 11:37 PM
back but I just googled him and he's the DC at McMurry University in Texas (DII)........

Todd4State
01-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Neither is our current secondary talent and what is required in Joe Lee's scheme

Yeah- I agree. We would have to use Peters, Bryant, and Market next year and they would have to play almost every snap. We would have to move JT Gray back to safety permanently as well.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2015, 11:38 PM
I think so. He almost did a couple of years ago when we had Brewster and were trying to get Gonzalez on staff but then Brewster left and we just kept Sallach where he was.

If I remember correctly it was actually announced and done that Sallach was moving to the office. Then like you said Brewster left and he moved back on staff. I have to imagine Dan would do it again if the situation warranted it to help the overall strength of the staff.

TheRef
01-03-2015, 11:40 PM
back but I just googled him and he's the DC at McMurry University in Texas (DII)........

Not anymore.....He's not on the 2014 coaching staff.

FlabLoser
01-03-2015, 11:40 PM
If it's both, my wool is gonna be took thick for shears.

ScottH
01-04-2015, 12:11 AM
SevenDipShit is a creation by Paul Jones to bolster his news.

Really?

Todd4State
01-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Really?

That's actually the scary and sad thing. Sevendust is a real person.

sbcmortgageman
01-04-2015, 08:07 AM

Epic comment

Rick Danko
01-04-2015, 09:54 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1503629/manny-jock_medium.gif

Ha ha damn Cad, who is that putting jock on his face, don't recognize the face. Kinda looks like Holgerson but if so I don't get it.

CadaverDawg
01-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Ha ha damn Cad, who is that putting jock on his face, don't recognize the face. Kinda looks like Holgerson but if so I don't get it.

It's Holgerson. I just googled Manny and it came up. Apparently West Virginia beat em while Manny was at Texas, so one of the Texas or WVU fans made this. Ha, I just thought it was funny.

IMissJack
01-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Why can't we get a homerun hire? ever...

This is a boring safe hire. Certainly there could be a worse hire, but the people here in TX are asking,why?

defiantdog
01-04-2015, 11:43 AM
That's actually the scary and sad thing. Sevendust is a real person.

There's no way..... I always thought that was Paul's alter ego so he could get his opinion across without having to be a journalist.

blacklistedbully
01-04-2015, 12:42 PM

Someone eager to get back on the horse that threw him, no matter how painful and rehab his perception as a DC. Only so much one can do at LT to repair what was done at Texas.

Not saying this is the case, just answering your question.