PDA

View Full Version : Prepare yourselves for Diaz

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 02:47 PM
I just spoke to a guy I know whose father is a big booster. I preface this by saying, He has been wrong before....

But, he says Manny is going to be the guy, and the decision was mainly due to experience at the DC position. Again, this isn't 100% fact, but I am going to prepare myself for Diaz (which I'm ok with, while it isn't a "homerun"), and if it's somebody else, I'll let myself be surprised.

One thing about Diaz, players love playing for him. And we know he and Mullen know how to work together. He's young, and maybe he will be more reluctant to leave if he has a few good seasons now that he knows the grass isn't always greener.

Definitely some positives to Manny. And truth be told, most of the dislike of the Manny hire, would be the fact that it isn't a new, fresh, DC that the fanbase would be all excited about. We know what Diaz brings to the table...and sometimes that isn't a bad thing.

Again, as of right now, this is just a "rumor" from a guy that has always been a pretty good source. This is not fact, and do not go blasting me if he is wrong. Just trying to prepare those of you that don't want Manny....no need to freak out when you hear his name announced.

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info Cadaver, been kinda of thinking this way myself. Was hoping for coach O in some capacity, think he heads to LSU though.

SallyStansbury
01-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Mullen: "Manny, are you ready to bend but not break?"

Diaz: "Uh, yes Sir!"

Mullen: "How does my ass taste?"

Diaz: "Delicious, thank you Sir."

Dawg61
01-03-2015, 02:58 PM
LTech 1st in the nation in interceptions, 2nd in tackles for loss, 5th in turnover margin, 16th in sacks. I want Orgeron and Manny.

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2015, 02:59 PM
I want Orgeron and Manny.

Would love this

SignalToNoise
01-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Definitely some positives to Manny. And truth be told, most of the dislike of the Manny hire, would be the fact that it isn't a new, fresh, DC that the fanbase would be all excited about. We know what Diaz brings to the table...and sometimes that isn't a bad thing.

Very true and I'm guilty of that.

Dawgfan77
01-03-2015, 03:07 PM
This goes with what I have heard. Basically Mullen wanted O but higher up squashed it due to his past. This would piss me off if I was Mullen

Smitty
01-03-2015, 03:09 PM
This goes with what I have heard. Basically Mullen wanted O but higher up squashed it due to his past. This would piss me off if I was Mullen

Sounds about like "let's get away from AAU"

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Very true and I'm guilty of that.

As am I. The more I think about it, the more I am warming up to it. Manny knows our program, his boss, the recruiting area, the talent level, etc. And whether we want to admit it or not, we had a more attacking defense under Manny than any other DC I would think. And he also creates lots of turnovers, and I am so ready to get some form of aggression back. If we are going to miss tackles, I would much rather it be because we are trying to create turnovers than just because we are soft.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 03:11 PM

I don't think it was squashed by higher ups....I think Dan just decided on manny. IF it is indeed Manny, which it may not be. Keenum nor Stricklin is dumb enough to say no to the guy that just made them a boatload of money. No way. That's my opinion.

GreenheadDawg
01-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Well color me unimpressed. Jesus... this was our chance to really take a step. Classic MSU

Coach34
01-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Well, I know for a fact O was contacting recruits. Coaching buddy of mine said O had called one of our commits thst played for him and spoke as if he was going to be at State. That's what made me think we had something signed.

Coach34
01-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Well color me unimpressed. Jesus... this was our chance to really take a step. Classic MSU

Manny had a top 20 scoring D at State and had one of the best non-power school defenses in the country this year. We could have done worse and have

Ifyouonlyknew

Not true.

smootness

If we hired Coach X from Louisiana Tech who people were talking about that had done in his first year there what Diaz did, you would be ecstatic. I'm not floored with the hire, and I'm a little nervous after what happened with him at Texas, but I'm willing to give him another shot.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Well, I know for a fact O was contacting recruits. Coaching buddy of mine said O had called one of our commits and spoke as if he was going to be at State. That's what made me think we had something signed.

You may be right. I actually hope you are.

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Well, I know for a fact O was contacting recruits. Coaching buddy of mine said O had called one of our commits thst played for him and spoke as if he was going to be at State. That's what made me think we had something signed.

Interesting.

MaxedOutMaroon
01-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Either is fine, just hurry up and announce it

cheewgumm
01-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Ugh.

It could be worse, but I was looking forwRd to Orgeron. Sometimes you have to take a Chance to move forward rather than settle for what you know.

Sacrifice
01-03-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm fine with Manny. To me he was the most creative DC Mullen has hired. I'm not a coach but I couldn't tell a big difference between Collins D and Wilson D In there last year. I don't know what happened to Manny at Texas but I like what he did for us.

basedog
01-03-2015, 03:26 PM
I think it's O but we shall see.

RougeDawg
01-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Well we have been known to go the CO-Coordinator direction. so who knows, we may be scooping both. Maybe O is going to replace Bracky as well.

Dawgfan77
01-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Not true.
Going by what I was told.

spudd21
01-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Well we have been known to go the CO-Coordinator direction. so who knows, we may be scooping both. Maybe O is going to replace Bracky as well.

This^

Dawg496
01-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Not true.

Any chance it's still CEO?

thunderclap
01-03-2015, 03:38 PM

I hope like hell that isn't true.

Dawg61
01-03-2015, 03:39 PM

Haha Coach O as recruiting coordinator and compliance officer might be the most brilliant idea ever!! Lol

spudd21
01-03-2015, 03:40 PM
If we hire O, someone needs to kidnap Bracky.

Just kidding, not really.

Coach34
01-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Bracky would have a nervous breakdown if we actually did hire O

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Haha Coach O as recruiting coordinator and compliance officer might be the most brilliant idea ever!! Lol

Ha, apparently in the eyes of many of our fans, Coach O is awesome at everything except communicating with Siri on IPhone. * (I bet that would be fun to watch)

MabenMaroon
01-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Ha, apparently in the eyes of many of our fans, Coach O is awesome at everything except communicating with Siri on IPhone. * (I bet that would be fun to watch)

That thought will have me chuckling for a while!

Op4isabitch
01-03-2015, 03:45 PM

Wouldn't this be a violation? Still in the dead period, aren't we?

NCDawg
01-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Mullen: "Manny, are you ready to bend but not break?"

Diaz: "Uh, yes Sir!"

Mullen: "How does my ass taste?"

Diaz: "Delicious, thank you Sir."

Not funny and inappropriate.

mic
01-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Who's to say it won't be both....
And before everyone says there is no way Manny just settles for LB/ST coach and not DC... Look at what is going on at Fla.. I think Randy Shannon's resume is a little better that Geoff
And whatever role Manny would have at State (LB /ST/ Ect...) is an upgrade and pay raise from La Tech.

Coach O and Manny together is a walkoff homerun.. Get it done

Coach34
01-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Not if he isnt signed. And recruits can still talk to coaches during the dead period- there are ways around the rules

thunderclap
01-03-2015, 03:48 PM

Bracky? That you?

mic
01-03-2015, 03:48 PM

No violation to my knowledge. O isn't employed. Be like you telling a recruit that your going to be the next DC at state..

maroonmania
01-03-2015, 03:49 PM
So if we hire Manny does CJ Johnson transfer to MSU for his SR year? That's the only reason we lost him right? Just sayin'.

Op4isabitch
01-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Bracky? That you?

Haha, no! I know less than Bracky and that's saying something. Lol

NCDawg
01-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Who's to say it won't be both....
And before everyone says there is no way Manny just settles for LB/ST coach and not DC... Look at what is going on at Fla.. I think Randy Shannon's resume is a little better that Geoff
And whatever role Manny would have at State (LB /ST/ Ect...) is an upgrade and pay raise from La Tech.

Coach O and Manny together is a walkoff homerun.. Get it done

I agree. We need to do this to win the SEC.

codeDawg
01-03-2015, 04:00 PM
I don't understand why in the most relaxed era of NCAA compliance we continue to be so conservative and fail to take advantage of opportunity. Makes no sense, and makes our administration look inept.

PendingTransaction
01-03-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm hoping we hire a DC that will tell Mullen that the defense that he wants is bull. Hopefully manny will make that clear if he is indeed the guy.

BoomBoom
01-03-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't think it was squashed by higher ups....I think Dan just decided on manny. IF it is indeed Manny, which it may not be. Keenum nor Stricklin is dumb enough to say no to the guy that just made them a boatload of money. No way. That's my opinion.

I think it's most likely Mullen doesn't want an assistant he can't boss around. O probably thought he had the job via Strickland, then Mullen quashed it.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 04:03 PM
I think it's most likely Mullen doesn't want an assistant he can't boss around. O probably thought he had the job via Strickland, then Mullen quashed it.

What?!? That's a load of junk. Not even close.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2015, 04:05 PM
These conspiracy theories are better than some Lifetime movie scripts.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm hoping we hire a DC that will tell Mullen that the defense that he wants is bull. Hopefully manny will make that clear if he is indeed the guy.

It will be the same defense Manny ran before. Not too many people had a problem with it before. People are really reaching with this speculation of Mullen over controlling the defense.

DownwardDawg
No higher ups squash anything that Mullen wants. Strick can only limit funds.

Coach34
I think it simply looks like Mullen changed his mind. Because after the meeting in the New Orleans- O was gonna be the guy

PendingTransaction
01-03-2015, 04:07 PM

I think this is really close and junk free.

Dawgowar
01-03-2015, 04:07 PM
So, we are all at a point we don't know. Professional journalists do not know. (Nor do they know the LSU choice). All our sources are "usually right" or even "money" but the info is still not coming out of Mullen or Stricklin's mouths. Everything Cadaver and Coach say I believe to be given them with honest belief but we do not know what we do not know.

All the huffing and puffing about liking or hating the hire is pointless right now. The amount of residual butthurt over the TSUN loss and the Orange Bowl loss is worthy of a telethon to find a cure. I got a HC changing a culture with ten wins while still needing to adjust things. I'll take it and trust him to hire the guy hire guys he likes. I am not some sunshine pumper but even 50% improvement by a DC over Collins with any offensive productivity will get us to 9 wins a year.

If Dak comes back maybe better than 9. Lost in all the doom nd gloom is the fact our WR's have arrived. Multiple targets with mostly reliable hands and routes. We can go places now.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 04:08 PM
I think it simply looks like Mullen changed his mind. Because after the meeting in the New Orleans- O was gonna be the guy

Probably so or the LSU situation made Coach O pause.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2015, 04:13 PM

I agree. IF it is Manny....I wouldn't be surprised if Mullen looked at Dak coming back, our current roster, etc, and thought "Now is not the time to make a risky hire, when a good solid year out of Manny could get us back to where we were this year, or further".

Of course, that is just pure speculation and "possibility", but it makes sense to me.

I'm still crossing my fingers that somehow we could get them both. Although highly unlikely. Like 1% chance.

http://img.pandawhale.com/58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

Boston
01-03-2015, 04:15 PM

This.

basedog
01-03-2015, 04:20 PM

Well if tis is true you gotta think O was tip toeing about the Lsu opening and Mullen decided Manny wants it more! I still think it's O. For now I think Rose bowl has it right on the rumor mill.

Dawgfan77
01-03-2015, 04:25 PM

If your in the know more thsn myself and some others spill what you know. Not trying to be an ass. Just saying say what you know

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm not claiming to be in the know more than anybody but this talk about Stricklin & Keenum vetoing hires & Mullen controlling the defense are just plain false.

Dawgfan77
01-03-2015, 04:43 PM
I'm not claiming to be in the know more than anybody but this talk about Stricklin & Keenum vetoing hires & Mullen controlling the defense are just plain false.
And I was just going by what i was told by my source.

Intramural All-American
01-03-2015, 04:50 PM
As long as Manny brings his air ukelele, I'm good with it.

Madisonmd
01-03-2015, 05:28 PM
The worry here should be Diaz's reluctance to embrace recruiting. From someone who knows him personally, he just is not a good recruiter for whatever reason. That is our life blood and your coaching is a lot better with better talent. There are many rumors swirling right now about our coaching contracts and is probably not worth getting into now. There concern here should be the number of DCs we've run through in a very short order of time. Our coach is developing a national reputation that might not be as marketable as he believes he is. This hire is really critical, he better get it right. I should add, I don't know Diaz . Someone else does.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2015, 06:01 PM
My cousin's aunt's brother's sister told me that Coach O took a shit in Pat Haden's living room, and that's the reason Haden didn't hire O for the full time gig at SC. As it turns out though, Haden's wife's sister's mother in law is also married to Megan Mullen's uncle, and she heard about O shitting on Haden's floor. Once Megan heard about the infamous floor shitting, she immediately told to not hire O. However, Dan didn't listen to Megan and instead wanted to still hire, but since O also shitter on Strcklin's desk, Stricklin was only willing to pay O 750,000 per year but O wanted 950,000. Thus a deal couldn't be made and it is all Stricklin's fault. FIRE STRICKLIN!!!!

This may or may not be true. It's just what I heard but don't hold it against me. However, if you want to freak and blame Stricklin, go ahead.

Dawgowar
01-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Okay, so now we will always be 1A/1B, Bend-Don't-Break, and NOW, NOW we have nobody to shit in living rooms across the greater Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama suburbs!!?? How can you recruit without a closer and a shitter!?

F it! F it all! Don't start cutting and pasting how our pissing percentages were higher because the 1B's were unable to shit the bed at the right time. No, we have no designated shitter on the staff. The blame falls at Stricklin's feet.

Am I overreacting about this? Just want to be at the front of a message board rage once in my life. Just once. Sorry, gonna go take a shit in the toilet now. A proper shit as the Brits would say. A right proper shit.

sandjunky
01-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Okay, so now we will always be 1A/1B, Bend-Don't-Break, and NOW, NOW we have nobody to shit in living rooms across the greater Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama suburbs!!?? How can you recruit without a closer and a shitter!?

F it! F it all! Don't start cutting and pasting how our pissing percentages were higher because the 1B's were unable to shit the bed at the right time. No, we have no designated shitter on the staff. The blame falls at Stricklin's feet.

Am I overreacting about this? Just want to be at the front of a message board rage once in my life. Just once. Sorry, gonna go take a shit in the toilet now. A proper shit as the Brits would say. A right proper shit.

Do you typically not take a shit in the toilet?

Harrydawg
01-03-2015, 08:07 PM
You OK dude? I am fearful for your wife and kids......or dog

sbcmortgageman
01-03-2015, 08:15 PM

Who is Strickland?

Dawgowar
01-03-2015, 08:29 PM
You OK dude? I am fearful for your wife and kids......or dog

Oh is there not enough outrage in the post? I can amp it a bit. Seems to me the initial outrage should be somewhat controlled so it can stir the pot. I could be doing it wrong though. I am receptive to coaching in this matter.

Harrydawg
01-03-2015, 08:33 PM
So, we are all at a point we don't know. Professional journalists do not know. (Nor do they know the LSU choice). All our sources are "usually right" or even "money" but the info is still not coming out of Mullen or Stricklin's mouths. Everything Cadaver and Coach say I believe to be given them with honest belief but we do not know what we do not know.

All the huffing and puffing about liking or hating the hire is pointless right now. The amount of residual butthurt over the TSUN loss and the Orange Bowl loss is worthy of a telethon to find a cure. I got a HC changing a culture with ten wins while still needing to adjust things. I'll take it and trust him to hire the guy hire guys he likes. I am not some sunshine pumper but even 50% improvement by a DC over Collins with any offensive productivity will get us to 9 wins a year.

If Dak comes back maybe better than 9. Lost in all the doom nd gloom is the fact our WR's have arrived. Multiple targets with mostly reliable hands and routes. We can go places now.

Great post.....but your second one about shitting was not legible

Dawgowar
01-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Great post.....but your second one about shitting was not legible

It wasn't really supposed to be.

32 Dive
01-04-2015, 12:28 AM

Without an aging Marky Post, or Lindsay Wagner...

Dawg61
01-04-2015, 12:31 AM

This post is approved by Turd Ferguson and his bucket of turds

TrapGame
01-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Without an aging Marky Post, or Lindsay Wagner...

Marky Post was some kinda hot in the 80s.

Leroy Jenkins
01-04-2015, 12:48 AM
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't.

gravedigger
01-04-2015, 12:50 AM
Ugh.

It could be worse, but I was looking forwRd to Orgeron. Sometimes you have to take a Chance to move forward rather than settle for what you know.

Mt thoughts exactly

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 02:09 PM
#BrokenFirstByEliteDawgs.Com
#FreeOfCharge

Condolences to those of you that paid Rosebowl to report it 3 days later.*

[Spoken in my C34 voice]

Coach34
01-05-2015, 02:10 PM
#BrokenFirstByEliteDawgs.Com
#FreeOfCharge

Condolences to those of you that paid Rosebowl to report it 3 days later.*

yet the latest example...

dickiedawg
01-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Shitter was full **

SallyStansbury
01-05-2015, 03:29 PM
"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast......"

"You eat shit for breakfast?"

You watch Lifetime?

engie
01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
We want to attack on D. We want the end of the 1Bs. Seems to me Diaz gives us both of these in spades...

Diaz had 15 players on D record 20 or more combo tackles. With clear 1s across the board. Top 7 tacklers = all 7 starting LBs/DBs.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20150105-vmqc-43kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20150105-vmqc-43kb)

Collins had 21 players on D record 20 or more combo tackles. Without clear 1s across the board.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20150105-41xa-56kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20150105-41xa-56kb)

Coach34
01-05-2015, 04:00 PM
good stuff Engie

sleepy dawg
01-05-2015, 05:03 PM
The good thing is, Collins helped prepare a lot of guys for Diaz. If Diaz does good, he could be a head coach in a year or 2.

Also, well done Cad. Glad I'm a part of this site.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2015, 05:39 PM
We want to attack on D. We want the end of the 1Bs. Seems to me Diaz gives us both of these in spades...

Diaz had 15 players on D record 20 or more combo tackles. With clear 1s across the board. Top 7 tacklers = all 7 starting LBs/DBs.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20150105-vmqc-43kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20150105-vmqc-43kb)

Collins had 21 players on D record 20 or more combo tackles. Without clear 1s across the board.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20150105-41xa-56kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20150105-41xa-56kb)

Hell yes

cheewgumm
01-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Mike Hunt?

BiscuitEater
01-05-2015, 08:19 PM

Throwing the BS flag ... it just ain't true. Nice try BUT totally false.