PDA

View Full Version : If Dak goes pro...

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-03-2015, 03:24 AM
Is Mullen smart enough to give a shout out to Braxton Miller?

mstatefan91
01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
This is dumb. Stop now..

EngineerDawg
01-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Don't think that's possible regardless. I think he has only one year of eligibility left and the sec requires two?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Don't think that's possible regardless. I think he has only one year of eligibility left and the sec requires two?

I could be wrong, but I thought the SEC quietly reversed that rule last year.

MaxedOutMaroon
01-03-2015, 09:22 AM
My question is... What made Musberger announce that if Dak didn't tell him he was staying?

msstate7
01-03-2015, 09:28 AM
My question is... What made Musberger announce that if Dak didn't tell him he was staying?

Just a guess, but I think dak either did tell Brent and jesse that or strongly insinuated it. I think dak just wants to make the announcement himself.

(Maybe I just want to believe this)

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Just a guess, but I think dak either did tell Brent and jesse that or strongly insinuated it. I think dak just wants to make the announcement himself.

(Maybe I just want to believe this)

I strongly agree with this. Musberger had no motive to lie and is so old that he isn't trying to break a story to help his career.

Like you, my guess is that Dak said something like, "I'm not ready for the NFL yet. Next year I'll have the chance to lead a team that could be better than this year's and I'll have most all of my offensive weapons back."

Dak probably spoke in a way that insinuated that he will be at MSU next year, but never actually stated that. It was probably just a minor miscommunication and Musberger didn't listen closely enough (lawyer style) to hear exactly what Dak was saying, and Dak completely stated his intentions without actually committing the them.

klong-dog
01-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Or surely his Orange Bowl passing record didn't have an influence or change of heart from him

engie
01-03-2015, 10:02 AM

Masoli rule was repealed. Or maybe we should say heavily modified. There is no longer a 2 year eligibility requirement for graduate transfers. It does require a few things more than it used to though(players must be in good athletic standing with previous institution, must make significant progress toward a masters, etc)...

Tbone
01-03-2015, 10:03 AM
If he does go we are all going to have to have some patience because it could be rough.

starkvegasdawg
01-03-2015, 10:29 AM

He was still thinking about AJ's girlfriend.

Saltydog
01-03-2015, 11:02 AM
would still leave JT Barrett (will only be a soph.) and Cardale Jones (would only be a jr.). With the emergence of Jones, who's going to be the starter? Barrett's not going to want to sit the next two years and play as a senior and Jones isn't going to want to spend his last two years on the bench. Plus, they just got a commitment from the current Ohio Mr. Football who is a heck'uva QB. Must be a nice problem to have for Urban. Looks like he recruits QB's better than Nick.