CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 10:29 PM
That's not good.

Really Clark?
01-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Was reported earlier that FL was bringing in Rump for DL. If I'm not mistaken

preachermatt83
01-02-2015, 10:31 PM
I have heard that and I honestly hope it's true bc I wouldn't mind seeing the new DC be able to bring in his own guys... Well I doubt that Mullen would ever allow that but maybe he would.

Political Hack
01-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Was reported earlier that FL was bringing in Rump for DL.

and Shannon for LBs so that just leaves DBs... which I think DeShea is probably the guy. Not sure where Turner is going, assuming it's all true.

Dawg496
01-02-2015, 10:32 PM
They've already hired Shannon and Rumph in addition to Collins so they'll likely only hire one more defensive coach. Could be Deshea but who knows at this point.

Political Hack
01-02-2015, 10:33 PM
I have heard that and I honestly hope it's true bc I wouldn't mind seeing the new DC be able to bring in his own guys... Well I doubt that Mullen would ever allow that but maybe he would.

I'm with you. I want Hughes to stay and the rest of the defensive staff to go. With the right staff, we could make the push for the SEC West next year.

defiantdog
01-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Was reported earlier that FL was bringing in Rump for DL.

Dude likes to jump around doesn't he

preachermatt83
01-02-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm with you. I want Hughes to stay and the rest of the defensive staff to go. With the right staff, we could make the push for the SEC West next year.

I agree completely.

Really Clark?
01-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Hughes is definitely or should be untouchable. He's just too important for recruiting this state

Really Clark?
01-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Dude likes to jump around doesn't he

Lol. Yeah he does.

bulldawg28
01-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Townsend isn't going anywhere, guaranteed.

Intramural All-American
01-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Hughes is definitely or should be untouchable. He's just too important for recruiting this state

My issue here is isn't Hughes responsible for the safeties? He seems to get a complete pass whereas everyone has been destroying Deshea. I could understand moving Hughes to a different role, but he definitely deserves some of the blame for this season.

Todd4State
01-02-2015, 10:55 PM

Seconded after seeing them epically fail to stop the FB dive. Did anyone else see Dan talking to Turner, Hughes, and Townsend during the second half? They looked like three lost souls.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2015, 10:56 PM
I think the same group of people create a new rumor everyday, freak out, find something new to worry about, find someone to blame for the consequences of the unfounded rumor, and then just repeat the next day.

This whole thing would be much easier if most of you could just admit you don't know anything, and just let it play out.

There is certainly nothing wrong with having opinions, thoughts, etc on what we should do, but freaking out and calling for peoples jobs, on an every day basis, based on unfounded rumors, some by consistent posters and some by posters with low post counts that never bring anything to the board, seems a little ridiculous and childish.

I know nothing about what's going on with our DC search, what Mullen is looking for, or really what went wrong at the end of the season, and I would be willing to bet my left nut that most every one of you that freak out every day don't know anything either. Yet, the moment you hear and unfounded rumor, you want to fire someone and say our program is going down the crapper.

It's a big hire, I get that, but freaking about it and running with every unfounded rumor is absurd.

Todd4State
01-02-2015, 10:58 PM
My issue here is isn't Hughes responsible for the safeties? He seems to get a complete pass whereas everyone has been destroying Deshea. I could understand moving Hughes to a different role, but he definitely deserves some of the blame for this season.

Interestingly enough if you look at Hughes bio he has a history of coaching TE's at Ole Miss I think.

He gets a complete pass because he is an awesome recruiter and practically owns the Pine Belt. Between him and Orgeron, we would own Mississippi and the River down to NOLA.

Todd4State
01-02-2015, 10:59 PM
I think the same group of people create a new rumor everyday, freak out, find something new to worry about, find someone to blame for the consequences of the unfounded rumor, and then just repeat the next day.

This whole thing would be much easier if most of you could just admit you don't know anything, and just let it play out.

There is certainly nothing wrong with having opinions, thoughts, etc on what we should do, but freaking out and calling for peoples jobs, on an every day basis, based on unfounded rumors, some by consistent posters and some by posters with low post counts that never bring anything to the board, seems a little ridiculous and childish.

I know nothing about what's going on with our DC search, what Mullen is looking for, or really what went wrong at the end of the season, and I would be willing to bet my left nut that most every one of you that freak out every day don't know anything either. Yet, the moment you hear and unfounded rumor, you want to fire someone and say our program is going down the crapper.

It's a big hire, I get that, but freaking about it and running with every unfounded rumor is absurd.

People are just getting impatient.

Really Clark?
01-02-2015, 11:02 PM

He is and of course coaches should carry the blame and credit for their group. However, I do think that injuries and the loss of players to other positions have played a part in our safety struggles. Just start tracing the last 3 years and that position has been hit very hard. Also, with position coaches you have somewhat a sliding scale. The better recruiter they are the less technique type coach they have to be. Not that he is weak coach or anything.

Mjoelner34
01-02-2015, 11:04 PM

Agreed.

dawgoneyall
01-02-2015, 11:37 PM
Cox killed us

Dawgowar
01-02-2015, 11:38 PM
People are just getting impatient.

I was honestly thinking about violating my no Dawg-On-Dawg harassment policy and digging up some somewhat successful DC's bio from some lower division school and putting the link up with some BS story about him interviewing. If it had worked it would have been as much fun as the time several of us made up the name of a Samoan kid we were signing at QB during the 90's. We used the old AOL Forums and Gene's Page to instigate a TSUN panic with an accompanying amount of Dawgs talking shit at them. When it inevitably was discovered to be fake I had a young Bear threaten me with the phrase

..."Say hello to the Mississippi Syndicate!" I have never laughed that hard at those twats in my life.

Given the mild amount of panic over the DC issue I thought a similar act might provide some entertainment. But alas, my rule prohibits me from mocking my own in such a matter.

Political Hack
01-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Townsend isn't going anywhere, guaranteed.

as of this afternoon? I'll take your word for it if that's a recent as this afternoon.

Homedawg
01-02-2015, 11:45 PM
Cox killed us

When he got suspended? How? He wasn't any good either. Just go watch some tape. Brutal. Worse than almost all of them. Gifted, athletically? Yes. Good safety? No not hardly.

Todd4State
01-03-2015, 12:04 AM
When he got suspended? How? He wasn't any good either. Just go watch some tape. Brutal. Worse than almost all of them. Gifted, athletically? Yes. Good safety? No not hardly.

OK, he wasn't exactly Ronnie Lott. But he was a hell of a lot better than Evans just standing there at least five yards from anyone watching people catch passes.

Todd4State
01-03-2015, 12:07 AM
I was honestly thinking about violating my no Dawg-On-Dawg harassment policy and digging up some somewhat successful DC's bio from some lower division school and putting the link up with some BS story about him interviewing. If it had worked it would have been as much fun as the time several of us made up the name of a Samoan kid we were signing at QB during the 90's. We used the old AOL Forums and Gene's Page to instigate a TSUN panic with an accompanying amount of Dawgs talking shit at them. When it inevitably was discovered to be fake I had a young Bear threaten me with the phrase

..."Say hello to the Mississippi Syndicate!" I have never laughed that hard at those twats in my life.

Given the mild amount of panic over the DC issue I thought a similar act might provide some entertainment. But alas, my rule prohibits me from mocking my own in such a matter.

Unfortunately that would be a lot harder to pull off nowadays with all of the information out there on the Internet.

Political Hack
01-03-2015, 12:21 AM
losing cox and market hurt a lot in run support IMO. None of our S's can cover so it was a wash there IMO.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-03-2015, 08:35 AM
If we lose Townsend and I really hope we don't , smitherman is gone and I'm sure there's the possibility for others to follow suit. I agree about Hughes being retained, but like someone brought up about his past as a TE coach, Mullen will have to move him to the offensive coaching staff. I can't see any DC worth a shit that would come under the condition Hughes remains on the defensive staff.

Dawgowar
01-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately that would be a lot harder to pull off nowadays with all of the information out there on the Internet.

Agreed and my internet laziness quota prevents me from further pursuit.

dawgoneyall
01-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Cox's absence killed us.